PDA

View Full Version : Bought it on GoG.com

workster
04-20-2010, 09:20 PM
I like literally just got the two Aquanox games within the last week on GoG and I would have preferred them on Steam.Now does anyone know if there is a way to have them download through Steam since I bought them over there?If anyone knows than I would be very appreciative.

{Yotsuba}
04-20-2010, 09:29 PM
If you want them on Steam, you'll just have to buy them again on Steam.

However, I'm not sure why you'd want to replace 100% DRM free versions of the games, which have been tested (and possibly fixed) to work on current OSes, with ones that have had the Steam DRM inserted into them and which are not guaranteed to work at all. But whatever, each to their own.

Larry1212
04-20-2010, 09:33 PM
You can always add the games to your STEAM list as a shortcut which acts as it would with any game you bought from STEAM. The only difference is STEAM won't show it in your community profile but it will show your status as in-game and show the game you're playing.

At the bottom of the MY GAMES tab you'll see "Add non-STEAM game..." just look for the .exe of the game and STEAM will add it to your list.

jsdratm
04-20-2010, 09:40 PM
I also bought them on GoG, but haven't had a chance to play them yet. Like others said, you can add the shortcut after it is installed, but make sure the shortcut properties match those of the original. I've noticed on some GoG games that I add to steam, particularly those using DOSBox, the parameters that DOSBox use are chopped off and the shortcut doesn't work as a result.

Paarma
08-06-2010, 04:49 AM
I'd bet the GOG versions are superior because they have all the neat extras packed along the original games and as a huge big plus, there's NO DRM of any kind. Meaning you can play them where you like. I kind of wish I had bought the GOG version instead. Like said before, you can always add games to your Steam, so that's not really an issue.