PDA

View Full Version : I Stopped Buying UbiSoft After Rainbow Six Vegas

Teriander
04-21-2010, 12:40 AM
I had quit buying Ubisoft titles after they destroyed a great series called "Rainbow Six" and it looks like Splinter Cell is no better.

This company should receive a reward for being able to take great titles and turning them into a pile of shhh replace with pink hearts.

Silent Hunter is another great title they turned into trash. What other great games came out that Ubisoft turned into their "40% complete let's sell it and see how many dumbtards buy it" experiment?

Hardcore_Bacon
04-21-2010, 03:36 PM
Same here. I absolutely will not buy anymore Ubisoft titles. My reasons are the same as the OP. Very little support for the game once it released. Everything about Ubisoft screams "we just wanna crank out as many titles as possible with the lease amount of investment."

Ubisoft is a terrible company and is a great example of what every software company should NOT be. I laughed to myself when I saw they are releasing another Splinter Cell.

SolidKeevo
04-21-2010, 03:46 PM
Stopped buying Ubisoft series when:

- Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter was released.
- Rainbow Six Vegas was released.
- Splinter Cell Conviction was released.

Ubisoft is ruining all of their great series.

I still play Ghost Recon (original), Splinter Cell: CT, and Rainbow Six 3 because those were the last great things I can remember about the series. I really miss it.

kray28
04-21-2010, 03:58 PM
Yeah, add me to the boycott everything Ubisoft bandwagon.

Screw them.

freeloader105
04-22-2010, 10:50 PM
When you guys talk about boycotting Ubisoft, do you mean all games published by them or just the ones developed by them?

For example, 99% of their games are garbage not worth your wasting your hard drive space on, but not something like 'World In Conflict' (not developed, but published by them).

GrimCW
04-23-2010, 03:17 AM
When you guys talk about boycotting Ubisoft, do you mean all games published by them or just the ones developed by them?

For example, 99% of their games are garbage not worth your wasting your hard drive space on, but not something like 'World In Conflict' (not developed, but published by them).

samre thing at this point
even if its a good game (AC2 for example) its gonna have this DRM.
so most will boycott over that.
as for inside developement, they'll churn out a couple of winners then ruin it in the attempt to pump out 12 month sequels.
oddly SCC isn't one of those 12 month sequels, but Ubi's appeared to learn thats not enough time to get a game made too.

Raikov
04-23-2010, 03:33 AM
I actually liked the new Rainbow Six. I had a lot of good time with it online and its a fun shooter. But beeing a player of good ol Raven Shield i agree that the game ruined its title, its completely different game, why not naming it different then? Another example is Prince of Persia 2008, though it has familiar playing-style, the game has nothing to do with any persia nor any prince. I liked it, but seriously, its like creating new COD and calling it Worms. At first i though that they want to sell it more, you know, title might increase the sales, but look at Assassins Creed. It was a new title, and i wouldn't say it sold that bad.

velvetmeds
04-23-2010, 05:27 AM
stopped buying (and playing; let's not understand this the wrong way) after Prince of persia: sands of time, which was their last good game.

silverwolf82587
04-23-2010, 05:17 PM
How many people post ♥♥♥♥ like this? Its your opinion if it is good or bad.

Obviously enough people like their games because theyre still in business.

I started playing Rainbow Six, when I got Vegas 2 free with my video card. In my opinion, that game had amazing gameplay mechanics, and the fact that you could actually create your character was another plus (which should be standard, not "Oh look, we are releasing payable DLC that will allow your character to have different color hats!".

People need to consolidate all these types of threads into one.

GrimCW
04-23-2010, 05:52 PM
@silverwolf
never state "In my opinion" directly when your bashing someone else for stating THEIR opinion.
not only do you come off looking dumb, but also as a total hypocrite of a troll that just insulted themselves when trying to state something.

and BTW if thats the first R6 you've played, then you missed the actually good games.
1 shot 1 kill, true tactical working, fear of being shot instilled in every turn, and tense gameplay all round adding to the difficulty.
and it had more guns, and more meaning behind the armor than just cosmetics.

freeloader105
04-23-2010, 08:36 PM
I started playing Rainbow Six, when I got Vegas 2 free with my video card. In my opinion, that game had amazing gameplay mechanics, and the fact that you could actually create your character was another plus (which should be standard, not "Oh look, we are releasing payable DLC that will allow your character to have different color hats!".

I also played both Vegas I & II, and actually enjoyed both. That said, I believe they were hugely wasted opportunities and if they had been given better treatment, they would be absolutely stunning and not have been ignored like that (on PC anyway).

RSHabroptilus
04-23-2010, 11:46 PM
Also ruined Far Cry (granted they didn't create the only good one) and Prince of Persia.

And Rayman.

I'd say they ruined Splinter Cell with Double Agent...but maybe I only say that because I ran into a game-breaking bug they don't feel like patching and can't continue past the 50% point.

Be on the lookout for Beyond Good & Evil 2 sucking major nuts. Maybe. The Montpelier studio don't have much of a track record to judge non-party games by.

silverwolf82587
04-24-2010, 12:04 AM
@silverwolf
never state "In my opinion" directly when your bashing someone else for stating THEIR opinion.
not only do you come off looking dumb, but also as a total hypocrite of a troll that just insulted themselves when trying to state something.

and BTW if thats the first R6 you've played, then you missed the actually good games.
1 shot 1 kill, true tactical working, fear of being shot instilled in every turn, and tense gameplay all round adding to the difficulty.
and it had more guns, and more meaning behind the armor than just cosmetics.

I really wasnt bashing anybodys opinion, (I wouldnt have posted my own). It is annoying when you go on forums and over half the threads are for the same unconstructive topic ( excessively bashing developer, bashing game, etc.). I posted reasons for my opinion.

I expect to go on a forum and receive help for a problem, and/or return the favor (Im sure people experiencing issues would agree with me).