PDA

View Full Version : Who complained about quads? (They haven't been nerfed according to people)

Scuttlebutt
04-21-2010, 01:46 AM
Because it was hit with the nerf bat.

Tanks are faster than quads now.....

In fact quads are so slow now you're basically free points incoming.

:confused:

Beezy
04-21-2010, 01:47 AM
And it starts.

total_rand
04-21-2010, 01:48 AM
Needs more WD-40

Scuttlebutt
04-21-2010, 01:48 AM
And it starts.

Quality beezy reply 5 stars

Seriously jump on a quad and attempt to get anywhere in a timely manner, it's pathetic.

HD1215
04-21-2010, 01:58 AM
Quality beezy reply 5 stars

Seriously jump on a quad and attempt to get anywhere in a timely manner, it's pathetic.

Dice simply replaced the gas powered quads with earth friendly electric powered ones. Don't you even care about the polar bears? Next patch quads will be replaced with a pink Segway with a bell and a basket.

BugOfen_
04-21-2010, 02:00 AM
oh noes quads were my fav part in this game -.- (im not joking)

i loved them so much ...

Scuttlebutt
04-21-2010, 02:00 AM
Dice simply replaced the gas powered quads with earth friendly electric powered ones. Don't you even care about the polar bears? Next patch quads will be replaced with a pink Segway with a bell and a basket.

EA already beat you to it. (http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/54328/The-Sims-3-Partners-With-Renault)

Gazpacho
04-21-2010, 02:08 AM
Because it was hit with the nerf bat.

Tanks are faster than quads now.....

In fact quads are so slow now you're basically free points incoming.

:confused:

Because that quad was damned overpowered before.

seriously. I hit a bump and flew 4 feet in the air.

HD1215
04-21-2010, 02:08 AM
EA already beat you to it. (http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/54328/The-Sims-3-Partners-With-Renault)

LOL good find. Strap a rocket launcher on that and it's game on.

Scuttlebutt
04-21-2010, 02:10 AM
Because that quad was damned overpowered before.

seriously. I hit a bump and flew 4 feet in the air.

Coming from the Russian side on canal to flag C when you hit that part in the road after A!

EA just nerfed quads to be noob friendly across the board. So noobs can handle them and so noobs can hit other players on them. Shame EA, shame.

GirlPower23
04-21-2010, 03:01 AM
Ah and here I thought this was going to be a "quads" joke referring to ME.. either way who cares if they are slower.

Moomymat
04-21-2010, 03:07 AM
I wondered why I didn't go as high when I ramped up the sand dunes in atacama...

Lame.

Deckard_2019
04-21-2010, 03:16 AM
There was nothing wrong with quads before, why the nerf.

Vyyrus
04-21-2010, 03:16 AM
dice nerf quads? pathetic. hope u noobs are happy.

andysfile
04-21-2010, 03:38 AM
So does this mean the extensive guide I made on quad bikes is useless now??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlHVRPJo0cI

SpineyBones
04-21-2010, 03:49 AM
So does this mean the extensive guide I made on quad bikes is useless now??

what do you mean ...Now?:eek:

Badmotherseed
04-21-2010, 03:49 AM
wow is it slow now i guess cus it took 12 seconds to get acroll desert map and start ♥♥♥♥♥♥ so slower bikes with the 15 sec time before game starts will make it harder go is the first across to the last flag and take it before they get there forcing the fight on there side from jump. and giving my team time tro take 2 other flags, also applys to panama and others as i always went across map to atack there side first, skiping the easy flags

nutcrackr
04-21-2010, 04:09 AM
quads needed a faster acceleration if anything..

andysfile
04-21-2010, 04:10 AM
So much for making this game like Mario Kart Double Dash :(

_Dariuszek_
Ride on quads now is not even funny...
I don't like it!

Why they change it, no one complains!

Beezy
quads needed a faster acceleration if anything..

Quads need grenade launchers.

_Dariuszek_
04-21-2010, 04:14 AM

go to doctor...

Beezy
04-21-2010, 04:14 AM
go to doctor...

Doctor has grenade launchers?

deadheadbill
04-21-2010, 04:33 AM

Mounted m60's.

majorpayne
04-21-2010, 04:33 AM
Doctor has grenade launchers?

medicinal grenade launchers.

_Dariuszek_
04-21-2010, 05:17 AM
Can we return to the main topic now?
Quads are slow!
Bring back old settings!

Crampas
04-21-2010, 05:18 AM
medicinal grenade launchers.

Shooting healthy bullets to mates all over the map, and kills enemies INSTANTLY by looking at them. :)

Defiant Wolf
04-21-2010, 05:22 AM
Ah man! I loved the old break-neck speed. I took great pride in being able to land the jumps, threading the narrow gaps, finding inventive routes, and all at top speed.

The game just lost a ton of it's fun-factor for me ><

Linx1339
04-21-2010, 05:31 AM
This is just stupid. Why make the game so damn noob friendly? If dumb updates like this and the 15 second wait time each round continues I will stop playing the game.

The thing is ONLY noobs complain about weapons and ♥♥♥♥ being "OP" and needing a nerf. Good players can counter all those OP weapons. Bad players are destroying the game. BC2 should be split into 2 games. Noob Edition and Pro Edition. Noob edition gets all the nerfs patched into it and makes the game much more noobfriendly. Pro Edition keeps all the good stuff and only gets REAL bugs/glitches patched/fixed.

Deckard_2019
04-21-2010, 05:36 AM
Quads are now certain death, so slow and easy to hit. I'll avoid if at all possible.

Bad nerf and uncalled for

Miawz
04-21-2010, 05:40 AM
Yea wtf....
I dont see the point in making them slower...
The tank speed is ok with me since an abhrams can reach something like 110km/h but is blocked to 70 or something..

Moomymat
04-21-2010, 05:41 AM
The thing is ONLY noobs complain about weapons and ♥♥♥♥ being "OP" and needing a nerf.

Yes, because even if something is legitimately OP and needs to be changed, complaining about it is "noobish".

You probably mained noob-tube and m60 before the patch. Enjoy your philosophy that results in nothing ever being changed in-game for the better because you must, for some inexplicable reason, be at complete peace with everything in the game at all times even if it's unbalanced.

DrunkPunk
04-21-2010, 05:43 AM
were there changes not listed in the release notes? Didn't see anything about this, but that is quite lame.

deadheadbill
04-21-2010, 05:49 AM
This is just stupid. Why make the game so damn noob friendly? If dumb updates like this and the 15 second wait time each round continues I will stop playing the game.

The thing is ONLY noobs complain about weapons and ♥♥♥♥ being "OP" and needing a nerf. Good players can counter all those OP weapons. Bad players are destroying the game. BC2 should be split into 2 games. Noob Edition and Pro Edition. Noob edition gets all the nerfs patched into it and makes the game much more noobfriendly. Pro Edition keeps all the good stuff and only gets REAL bugs/glitches patched/fixed.

This is a noob post, cause all you are doing is whining.

Games don't come out balanced, the only way they get that way is by buffs and nerfs.

That comes from user input. Get over it.

_Dariuszek_
04-21-2010, 06:02 AM
Ah man! I loved the old break-neck speed. I took great pride in being able to land the jumps, threading the narrow gaps, finding inventive routes, and all at top speed.

Exactly!

This is a noob post, cause all you are doing is whining.

Games don't come out balanced, the only way they get that way is by buffs and nerfs.

That comes from user input. Get over it.

I think he says truth and this hurt you!

IGingerMadManI
04-21-2010, 06:13 AM
No one has ever complained about Quads, put them back.

BugOfen_
04-21-2010, 06:28 AM
the quad is as fast as before it just looks slower because of the FoV

lowkee
04-21-2010, 06:31 AM
I haven't noticed a speed change. So that either means it isn't much of one or it hasn't happened. either way, if I don't notice it, I'm fine with it.

Exploder
04-21-2010, 06:47 AM

Why is it noobish to have a 15 second wait time each round? Did you really think it was fair that you could get a 30 second advantage if you had the best computer and other people were still loading in? You're whining like a little kid.

Isn't the game supposed to be fair for everyone?

Linx1339
04-21-2010, 07:06 AM
Why is it noobish to have a 15 second wait time each round? Did you really think it was fair that you could get a 30-40 second advantage if you had the best computer and other people were still loading in? You're whining like a little kid.

Isn't the game supposed to be fair for everyone?

What kind of "advantage" did people have? Until the ATI preview drivers came out I too had to wait 30 seconds for a map to load and did not cry about it like a little ♥♥♥♥♥. All I did was spawn on someone who was already far ahead into the map, and that's it. I can see how it can be a problem in Rush mode but did they have to add it in Conquest mode too? I mean, really??

And riddle me this. Is it fair that people who have spent a lot of money on a high-end gaming rig so that they can be able to perform great in all aspects of a game (yes even loadingtimes) and then to be tricked out of it to make it "fair" for people who have a computer that is 4 years old and 5 times less expensive?? Pc games have never been fair because people always have different rigs and get different fps. If you want "fair" go play the game on the 360 or ps3.

Exploder
04-21-2010, 07:30 AM
What kind of "advantage" did people have? Until the ATI preview drivers came out I too had to wait 30 seconds for a map to load and did not cry about it like a little ♥♥♥♥♥. All I did was spawn on someone who was already far ahead into the map, and that's it. I can see how it can be a problem in Rush mode but did they have to add it in Conquest mode too? I mean, really??

And riddle me this. Is it fair that people who have spent a lot of money on a high-end gaming rig so that they can be able to perform great in all aspects of a game (yes even loadingtimes) and then to be tricked out of it to make it "fair" for people who have a computer that is 4 years old and 5 times less expensive?? Pc games have never been fair because people always have different rigs and get different fps. If you want "fair" go play the game on the 360 or ps3.

People with fast computers coupled with the pre-patch Quads could be at the enemy spawn before everyone had time to load in, which could be exploited at times and was generally a pain in the rear for anyone being knifed within the first minute of spawning into the map.

I have a very fast system as well and always spawned long before other people.

However, the 15 second timer is no big deal, that's all I was saying, and there's no need to fuss about "noobs" over it like the guy I originally quoted.

aDaM sUbTrAct
04-21-2010, 07:38 AM
I was quadra-spazzed and ended up on a life-glug after a stairwell nonce bashing

Gene
04-21-2010, 07:39 AM
Did they really nerf quads? Or are you perceiving you're moving slower because the 55 degree FOV for vehicles now? Increasing your FOV will make it seem like things are going faster.

stock
04-21-2010, 08:35 AM

Yep, this.

I actually complained about quads before the patch. Too slow (compared to tanks, they have very similar acceleration) and w/ bad hit detection for running people over. I demand a recount!

Previously, you could clip someone with a fender and drag them 20yds, and they would simply stand there hooked onto the quad and empty a mag in your face. The only two reliable kill methods where head-on pinning someone to a wall, or doing a tail-whip and crushing them, against a wall. Both maneuvers kill your forward speed, making you an easy target for the survivors. I spent a significant amount of time trying to run people over, and a head-on road kill with no wall involved was about a 30-40% chance.

So you can't run people over, get places quickly, or jihad tanks/apcs? What is the point?

rta
04-21-2010, 08:38 AM
Needs more WD-40

No! WD-40 rinses off in water. ;)

Alex1981
04-21-2010, 12:02 PM

So you're saying if someone buys better shoes they should be allowed to skip the jump ball and start playing first? Or if someone pays more for their spikes they shouldn't need to wait for the whistle in a race?

How many times did your mom drop you on your head this week?

Moragami
04-21-2010, 12:26 PM
So you're saying if someone buys better shoes they should be allowed to skip the jump ball and start playing first? Or if someone pays more for their spikes they shouldn't need to wait for the whistle in a race?

How many times did your mom drop you on your head this week?

Agreed. And not because I load slow, I don't. I load in under 7 seconds. Do I think I should be able to cheat because I get there first? No. What's the fun in blowing up unprotected M-coms, or in taking unguarded capture points? If I wanted to do that, I would go to an empty server, I could blow up M-Coms all day with no opposition.

Linx, the 15 second wait timer is specifically for people like you. People who think any advantage in the game that works in your favor is awesome. Let's be real, ransacking a map when you're all alone is pathetic.

Also, doesn't sound like they nerfed quads at all... Why this thread then? It should be closed. Let the whiner's rant on any of the dozens of other illegitimate complaint threads.

Ec]-[oMaN
04-21-2010, 12:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok2hJpEr_Ng

Scuttlebutt
04-21-2010, 01:02 PM
-[oMaN;14547073']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok2hJpEr_Ng

lulz, consoles, negated.

DrunkPunk
04-21-2010, 01:03 PM
quads move just as fast, i never mess with my FOV, so I just jumped in a game and verified this myself.

baneat
04-21-2010, 01:05 PM
Damn, I liked quads over tanks. I enjoy using small arms over big tank guns, and I enjoyed flanking and running people over. Quads were also great since I hate riding in tanks, and noone is pissed off if you trash a quad by accident.

Scuttlebutt
04-21-2010, 01:07 PM
quads move just as fast, i never mess with my FOV, so I just jumped in a game and verified this myself.

FOV is stuck at the horrid 55 but I swear quads are slower.

DrunkPunk
04-21-2010, 01:10 PM
FOV is stuck at the horrid 55 but I swear quads are slower.

i was in a game literally 15 minutes ago, jumped on a quad first thing. they move just as fast, lol i had just as hard of a time controlling it over hills and everything. they even mentioned all of the changes at the link i'll post below, and notice no mention of quads.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2010/04/21/ch-ch-ch-changes.aspx##

Lifelover
04-21-2010, 01:36 PM

LOL niiiice

insanefred
04-21-2010, 02:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpvf_4EB0ug

hope no one post this already.

thatswhatisay
04-21-2010, 02:48 PM

thanks for the great laugh!!! +1 rep!

Lifter
04-21-2010, 03:18 PM
No, FOV is not the problem. I've been playing with the default FOV since the beginning and there is a clearly noticeable change in the ATV speed.

deadheadbill
04-21-2010, 03:23 PM
Quads do not go as fast as they used to.

c3rebraL
04-21-2010, 03:27 PM
I dont remember anyone EVER complaining about quads at all, why on earth would they nerf them?

SpunkyKuma
04-21-2010, 03:55 PM
In fact quads are so slow

So it wasn't just me then? I asked on the server I joined and everyone thought I was just crazy.

SpunkyKuma
04-21-2010, 04:00 PM

I ALWAYS grab the quad as soon as the round starts, such as on Laguna Alta I drive from the east spawn point to the barn in no time and going around the corner on the mini bridge I actually drift. This morning, that didn't happen and it felt like it took longer to get to the barn that was when I asked if anyone else noticed the speed reduction on quads.

BTW things don't always have to be in patch notes to be nerfed/buffed/changed.

DrunkPunk
04-21-2010, 04:03 PM
I ALWAYS grab the quad as soon as the round starts, such as on Laguna Alta I drive from the east spawn point to the barn in no time and going around the corner on the mini bridge I actually drift. This morning, that didn't happen and it felt like it took longer to get to the barn that was when I asked if anyone else noticed the speed reduction on quads.

BTW things don't always have to be in patch notes to be nerfed/buffed/changed.

oh i know, but they released on that blog a complete list of changes. i messaged the DICE guy that posts stuff here, he said he didn't remember any changes to it, either. and then i jumped in a game on my lunch break earlier today, and me and my buddy both were confused by the talk of quad nerf. i dunno, i'm confused as hell now because everything points to the fact that it's still the same, but everyone is saying it's slower. /shrug

Neverpleased
04-21-2010, 04:11 PM
I know what the problem is.

We have been playing BC2 for so long we have reached a new state of mind. When we get on the quad now everything seems to move slower, we can spot enemies hiding in sand, snipers from half way across the map. Can't you see! Were evolving. We reached the sate of mind Asian people spend years in temples doing martial arts for.

We are super humans now. Our perception is so evolved 100 miles an hour looks like were slowly walking.

But no I didn't notice a difference other than that I actually got a road kill today. I still need that badge* :D.

*for the people who shout noob know that I probably have your Tag somewhere in my list.

Guhn.E
04-21-2010, 06:13 PM
I'm still trying to wrap my head around this
Increased the reload time of the Mortar Strike and reduced the damage it does to heavily armored vehicles.Sometimes a mortar strike was the only way to take out armored vehicles depending on where it was firing from

I'm not too happy the XM8 LMG got gimped a little, but I guess it makes some sense as it fires the same size round as the MG36 and M249 in real life
M60 is still going to be king tho even if the PKM should do more damage(slightly larger round than the M60)

Probably won't touch the M16 now... Especially since the AN94 got such a boost. Hell, the new M16 stats are almost identical to the AEK now short of recoil and reload

Wait... The 40mm shogun round got a real gimping. Damage used to be all the way across the board. Now it not only does less damage, but dips to almost half that at 20ish m.

And why did the RPG get a bigger gimping than the Gustav? Gustav lost 1/3 of it's blast radius, RPG7 lost half

TofUU
04-21-2010, 06:56 PM
Just an FYI, the quad is really really slow now, tanks have been overtaking me all day, who called for the nerf and why was it needed? now the maps just feel even bigger with the fastest vehicle now being the same speed as the humvee

Scuttlebutt
04-21-2010, 07:02 PM
Glad to see I wasn't the only one saying whiskey tango foxtrot when I hopped on the speed demon to capture a flag.

Just played a few rounds and it definably seems slower than previously.

Lavalampdrinker
04-21-2010, 07:25 PM
OH DICE WHY WHY DID THEY DO THAT, NOW MY LIFE HAS NO SENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guhn.E
04-21-2010, 07:28 PM
And riddle me this. Is it fair that people who have spent a lot of money on a high-end gaming rig so that they can be able to perform great in all aspects of a game (yes even loadingtimes) and then to be tricked out of it to make it "fair" for people who have a computer that is 4 years old and 5 times less expensive?? Pc games have never been fair because people always have different rigs and get different fps. If you want "fair" go play the game on the 360 or ps3.You make it sound like a gamestart delay is new to FPS games
I've seen games have a 30 second delay after a certain number of players have loaded and some servers bumping that up to 60s

mr_realization
04-21-2010, 07:56 PM
Old Quads (http://www.hardbodysuccess.com/articles/pics/Big_Quadriceps.jpg)
New Quads (http://www.beatsliposuction.com/reduce_pics/leg_fat_reduced.gif)

:confused: :( :confused:

freeloader105
04-21-2010, 08:57 PM
Old Quads (http://www.hardbodysuccess.com/articles/pics/Big_Quadriceps.jpg)
New Quads (http://www.beatsliposuction.com/reduce_pics/leg_fat_reduced.gif)

:confused: :( :confused:

I lol'd at that.

MaianTrey
04-21-2010, 10:06 PM
This must be the first FPS you've played on the PC. Can you name another FPS that allows you to spawn before anyone else in the game, and continue to complete objectives?

ChillyWI
04-21-2010, 11:05 PM
This must be the first FPS you've played on the PC. Can you name another FPS that allows you to spawn before anyone else in the game, and continue to complete objectives?

L4D2 does, and it's a problem that's been addressed by mods. The overall point though is that any game that wants to keep things relatively fair has a solution in place.

FocusPocus
04-21-2010, 11:25 PM

every battlefield game, which is more relevant than other FPS

Zefar
04-22-2010, 02:29 AM
This appears to be a lie.