PDA

View Full Version : Free weekend coming?

Rahabib
04-21-2010, 09:04 AM
with the new firepower pack, is there a possibility of a free weekend coming as well?

I just upgraded to windows 7 but I am still on the fence about this game.

LoganDougall
04-21-2010, 09:12 AM
They did one for the last DLC release. Don't see why they wouldn't, last free weekend was a blast.

hellob
04-21-2010, 09:20 AM
They did one for the last DLC release. Don't see why they wouldn't, last free weekend was a blast.

It was indeed very fun. If they do a free weekend, it will be a chance for me to get my K/D up and rank up.(because going 38/0 is just that fun) It would also be a way for FM to show everyone that this game has changed from what they thought before. A smart marketing ploy, but the masses are very unpredictable.

LoganDougall
04-21-2010, 09:24 AM
Pretty much becoming a new game and should - like a thread further down - have the ratings/reviews re-done for the Moonrise -> Firepower -> Shattered Horizon Game :P

The original reviews weighed heavily on the 4 map limit etc etc.

Isodus
04-21-2010, 12:43 PM
I hope they have a free weekend with the release of Firepower DLC, I have quite a few friends that are wanting to try this game though a few of them cant even run it at the moment due to old computers and running XP.

blueyes77
04-23-2010, 01:00 AM
I really think Free weekend with this firepower pack would be success, but only if we can have enough servers that everyone can play.

I just loved to see new faces in-game and have fun with them, now with new guns funtime is multiplied.

As i remember, reviewers complained about missing guns and missing maps, now both are here:D

Rahabib
05-05-2010, 08:23 AM
any word on this?

Are there guest passes or something like that?

FM_Jarnis
05-05-2010, 08:46 AM
I can say that there won't be a free weekend this weekend - some other game is having theirs.

liamsharkey
05-05-2010, 09:01 AM
modern warfare 2 is crap though shattered horizon rocks it deservers free weekend and a saleso more players recognise the epicness

aelp
05-05-2010, 09:15 AM
its been epic for the start, I just can't wait to see what you guys make next

Rahabib
05-05-2010, 09:32 AM
didn't there used to be guest passes for this game? are they all expired?

$15 makes it enticing, but being able to try the game would definitely help.

bankaiuser
05-05-2010, 09:35 AM
Yeah, you can give us back the "Invites" rather than a Free Weekend. So we can invite people who would like try it and, if they like it, they can buy it at $15, thanks to the offer. If they have to wait till a "Free Weekend" they will likely lose the 25% off.

Keyelite
05-05-2010, 09:45 AM
I never was able to use my invites from last time. Hopefully over the summer people will have more time to play this. I also noticed that the servers were EXTREMELY full last time there was a free weekend. Handing out invites lets you slowly introduce new players to the game.

This isn't to say a free weekend won't be helpful, but invites seem to be underused with most games

FM_kingkatt
05-05-2010, 10:24 AM
New players who buy the game still get guest passes. I think the Steam standard is that they expire if unused after 30 days. The places to ask for or give out guest passes are here:

Main forum: http://futuremark.yougamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116960
Steam forum: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1028589

Isodus
05-05-2010, 10:26 AM
I didn't realize they expire after 30 days otherwise I would have gotten on using them more.

Hasn't Modern Warefare been on sale for like the past month on steam and didn't it have a free weekend a few weeks ago?

DarthSatoris
05-05-2010, 11:03 AM
I didn't realize they expire after 30 days otherwise I would have gotten on using them more.

Hasn't Modern Warefare been on sale for like the past month on steam and didn't it have a free weekend a few weeks ago?

yes it had, and that's why it baffles me that they have another free weekend so soon after the previous one...

MW2 is crap though so I have no intentions on using this free weekend stuff to play it at all.

C'mon MW2, show sum looooooooooove for SH!

liamsharkey
05-05-2010, 01:08 PM
♥♥♥♥ MODERN NOOBFAIL 2 SHATTERED HORIZON FOREVER

gimboid
05-05-2010, 01:28 PM
SH needs a full 72 hour free weekend. Playerbase needs more expansion.