PDA

View Full Version : Question to Recons.

AzureEmmanuel
04-22-2010, 06:12 PM
Do you Shoot down UAVs instead of letting em fly around?

A) yes

B) no

Why do/don't you do it?

Gazpacho
04-22-2010, 06:21 PM
Shoot em down.

Not like they are particularly hard targets, a single shot usually does it.

Wasted
04-22-2010, 06:23 PM
"Does it give me a +1 kill? No? Then screw it!"

Expected recon responses.

juzt3r
04-22-2010, 06:30 PM
If they are close, almost free 100 points why not.

avredsfan
04-22-2010, 06:31 PM
I always shoot 'em down for the +100 or, better yet, mortar the operator for the +50 AND +100.

Digital_Beating
04-22-2010, 06:47 PM
Yes, ALWAYS!

Why? Because if it has a mounted MG it will shoot my teammates and I. Not only that if the person is a skilled UAV player he/she will know that firing rockets at the MCOM boxes or breaking down a building will result in a successful MCOM capture. The UAV could also be rigged with C4 which can damage the MCOM destructible buildings or the MCOM station itself.

Other reasons why:
My Engineers can't shoot it, well they can but they will miss a lot if the UAV is too far away and they can't restock bullets. The Medic could shoot it but he would be better off running around reviving/healing people even though he has 200/400 ammo rounds. The Assault could do it but how many Assaults actually look at the sky?

You're going to sit hidden anyways so why not take out the UAV?

bcreps85
04-22-2010, 08:58 PM
They become my top priority and I shoot them down. I play all classes, but I find when I don't play recon that this is the exact kind of thing none of the other noobs take care of even though recon is best equipped to get rid of UAVs.

Blood Work
04-22-2010, 09:10 PM
I shoot UAV's depending on distance. But my first reaction is spot. People are useless if they just shoot them without spotting.

Lets face it, you may die and someone else needs to pick them off.

Though in hardcore, i don't shoot them, unless i can get cover. Open land or just small cover...the UAV is very dangerous if you miss.

The UAV could also be rigged with C4 which can damage the MCOM destructible buildings or the MCOM station itself.

Hands up

I had my friend go smoke and c4 (assault) load it up with C4 and then i flew around the sides in the cover of smoke and told him to blow it up when i reached the MCOM.

Needless to say we won the map because of this. The only thing that failed a couple of times was hitting a building because the smoke was too thick :P

hgdyth
04-22-2010, 10:13 PM
I do it just from knowing that the UAV user is going to have to risk his life to get kills. That's were my satisfaction is derived from, not the ♥♥♥♥ty 100 pts.

MIK3K
04-22-2010, 10:44 PM
I find the guy standing at the console and knife him in the head, shoot him if too far away, or shoot down the UAV. Spot the UAV first.

ChaosEsper
04-22-2010, 10:48 PM
I do it just from knowing that the UAV user is going to have to risk his life to get kills. That's were my satisfaction is derived from, not the ♥♥♥♥ty 100 pts.

How's he risking his life to get kills? I don't think the majority of UAV boxes are that accessible unless you stay behind enemy lines when the base moves up.

I spot and try and shoot down UAVs regardless of class though, pisses me off when people don't take them out.

mercnet
04-22-2010, 10:53 PM
Yes, ALWAYS!

Why? Because if it has a mounted MG it will shoot my teammates and I. Not only that if the person is a skilled UAV player he/she will know that firing rockets at the MCOM boxes or breaking down a building will result in a successful MCOM capture. The UAV could also be rigged with C4 which can damage the MCOM destructible buildings or the MCOM station itself.

Other reasons why:
My Engineers can't shoot it, well they can but they will miss a lot if the UAV is too far away and they can't restock bullets. The Medic could shoot it but he would be better off running around reviving/healing people even though he has 200/400 ammo rounds. The Assault could do it but how many Assaults actually look at the sky?

You're going to sit hidden anyways so why not take out the UAV?

Wait... a sniper that care about the rest of his team? I smell something fishy here... this guy is trollin... :D

Vyyrus
04-22-2010, 11:17 PM
"Does it give me a +1 kill? No? Then screw it!"

Expected recon responses.

This goes to proove recons only care about THEIR stats and not the team...

hgdyth
04-22-2010, 11:52 PM
How's he risking his life to get kills? I don't think the majority of UAV boxes are that accessible unless you stay behind enemy lines when the base moves up.

I spot and try and shoot down UAVs regardless of class though, jaratees me off when people don't take them out.

Exactly. I kill it so that he isn't protected behind enemy lines... You're a bit slow huh?

ChaosEsper
04-22-2010, 11:55 PM
Exactly. I kill it so that he isn't protected behind enemy lines... You're a bit slow huh?

But that doesn't involve a direct risk to him. You might be forcing him to move up, assuming he doesn't just ♥♥♥♥ around in the back, but he's not directly risking his life by peppering you w/ machine gun fire and missiles.

Sunday
04-23-2010, 12:03 AM
I always try to take them down; anything that affects my team in a negative way needs to be murdered with extreme prejudice.

Oggy1985
04-23-2010, 03:51 AM
B) No.

Because i use a shotgun & i suck at sniping.

skunkmo
04-23-2010, 03:59 AM
B) No.

Me too.

MotigLizard
04-23-2010, 06:44 AM
B) No.

Sameo. If it's low; maybe I'll try and hit it with the rex (such a nice gun!), but aerial vehicles are my only weakness. :P

hgdyth
04-23-2010, 07:14 AM
But that doesn't involve a direct risk to him. You might be forcing him to move up, assuming he doesn't just ♥♥♥♥ around in the back, but he's not directly risking his life by peppering you w/ machine gun fire and missiles.

He doesn't have the option of using missiles and mg when it gets shot down... What's so hard to understand?

Cook1eMan
04-23-2010, 07:31 AM
I usually don't worry about it. Most of the time I have other team mates around me and they take it out so I can keep a look out for enemies.

shockertwin
04-23-2010, 07:35 AM
I usually don't worry about it. Most of the time I have other team mates around me and they take it out so I can keep a look out for enemies.

I consider it the recons job to take out the UAV. Why make your team mates waste whole clips trying to take it down while giving their position away when you can easily do it with 1 or 2 shots scoped in?

Worst wookie excuse ever.

baneat
04-23-2010, 08:54 AM
This goes to prove recons only care about THEIR stats and not the team's...

Nice analysis captain obvious.

sure, why not hit a UAV? It explodes when you shoot it therefore you should.

Ferocity
04-25-2010, 08:19 AM
Yes ofc.

One UAV means one Hellfire Missile coming in my direction or the UAV drives me over.

Suomis
04-25-2010, 08:29 AM
A
5char

squall0833
04-25-2010, 08:47 AM
A, yes,

I'll shoot em down, UAV could be deadly, destroy building, killing vehicles and squads,

Recon's job, spot enemies, watch for tanks, mortar support, and kill if you can,

don't just stay there and killing without helping teammates

TheIMightyHutch
04-25-2010, 09:24 AM
i dont BUT i go and knife the pilot :3

DrFaceless
04-25-2010, 09:46 AM
Of course! It's fun to see them trying to fly away just to catch my second bullet.

QQmore
04-25-2010, 10:16 AM
I'm so badass I mortar them! :p

cico34
04-25-2010, 10:30 AM
Mortar the operator, then quickly try to shoot the UAV itself.
Gives more points, while at the same time, scares the operator due to your rapid sniping.

skacikplz
04-25-2010, 10:33 AM
Do you Shoot down UAVs instead of letting em fly around?

A) yes

B) no

Why do/don't you do it?

personally , Yes but longer i play i get to see many people don't care about anything that is not infront of them
http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/96370501-4.jpg
(yes i was on the hill because i died defending Bravo and respewned @ teammate without looking where is he)