PDA

View Full Version : Half Life 2 Bug / Trap area

ReeceMix
04-23-2010, 02:07 AM
I dunno if anyones mentioned this but theres an area inside the museum type place, the room with the lazer grid , if you trip the lazers the doors close until you flip a switch inside. Well the first time I played it I thought I was being clever and shot one of the lazers from outside the door (thinking I could break the emitter) and the door closed and that was as far as I could go ingame. I really should have been a beta tester lol

waramp19
04-23-2010, 02:53 AM
what chapter is this? not sure i know where you're talking about

ReeceMix
04-23-2010, 03:59 AM
This room

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IARyASkMkw

If you shoot the lazer emmiter before entering the room your screwed

Zekiran
04-23-2010, 10:43 AM
And that's why you have save games. To prevent exactly that from being much more than an annoyance.

ReeceMix
04-23-2010, 02:54 PM
And that's why you have save games. To prevent exactly that from being much more than an annoyance.

Well when I played it I had to restart the whole chaper over, In all games there should never be a point where you get trapped and cannot progress onwards, its just bad games design, Its not like this desperately needs a fix , I just wondered if people had encountered it before

Zekiran
04-23-2010, 07:24 PM
Did you just not save before it? I mean... F6, quicksave. F9 quickload. Problem solved...

gorpie
04-23-2010, 07:51 PM
I really should have been a beta tester lol

Back when I worked in the industry (software, not games though), I worked with a guy in QA who would try all sorts of weird key combos that no one would ever intentionally do. But there are always those unintentional things that happen...

Personally, I think he was kind of gifted. (Other people might say "tetched", though. :))

However, Zekiran is right about making saves...

slayer20
04-23-2010, 07:51 PM
Yeah you shouldn't have to had start the entire chapter over. There are autosaves in the game :P

ThatoneJeff
04-23-2010, 08:24 PM
Quicksave is your friend.

joeylawn
04-25-2010, 12:25 PM
Yeah you shouldn't have to had start the entire chapter over. There are autosaves in the game :P

This is true. Load last autosave.

But sometimes the AI gets confused, and things don't happen. For example, I shot down the gunship at New Little Odessa (where Col. Cubbage gives you the rocket launcher), but the NPC rebels wouldn't open the gate afterward.

lukeguy
04-26-2010, 02:56 AM
@joeylawn: It happened to me a few times. You have to jump over the fence somehow (it's quite easy) and proceed on foot to the next loading area. Your buggy will spawn next to you after you load next map.

Fiszy
04-26-2010, 11:05 AM
noclip + w + noclip. Problem solved.