PDA

View Full Version : Any easy way to get back to beginning of lvl?

ninchilla
04-23-2010, 04:22 AM
So I'm in hell's kitchen and I stumbled into the warehouse. Now I'm getting ex filed by chopper. The problem is that I missed Toms hotel, the clinic, bar etc. Any way I can go back without trekking? Maybe a teleport cheat?

p.s. I tried the "open" cheat but NOTHING gets saved (items, mission objectives are gone etc.) so i'm guessing it breaks the game. Is there any way i can teleport back to the subway or must i noclip my way there? And if i do noclip my way there are the hotel/clinic quests still do-able since i've already blown up the generator?

Pickwickian
04-23-2010, 05:59 AM
So you've just met Gunther on the roof and you've flown back to UNATCO HQ? you get to return to Hells Kitchen later, so I wouldn't sweat it.

ninchilla
04-23-2010, 06:41 AM
So you've just met Gunther on the roof and you've flown back to UNATCO HQ? you get to return to Hells Kitchen later, so I wouldn't sweat it.

I haven't flown back yet; i have a save right outside. If I go back to Hell's Kitchen later i suspect the quests that are existing for this portion of the game are gone.

Pickwickian
04-23-2010, 08:09 AM
Hmm, I can't remember all that well, but the only mission you get at the 'ton is the hostage rescue and the sandra renton runaway plotline, and I think the first doesn't activate 'til you enter the building and the latter isn't all that important. You havta return there anyways, so you'll find out sooner rather than later.

The medical centre/hospital isn't that great either, you can hack the door and get free health as opposed to paying for it. Later on, you get an assassination mission in that area.

Did you do the Ford Schick mission in the underground tunnels? 'cause that one is worth going back for if you haven't, and it's one of those side missions that is very easy to miss if you don't scour the area properly.

ninchilla
04-23-2010, 09:06 AM
Didn't go underground. Went to the warehouse via that weird shop with the service tunnel (with laser mines and machine guns) that eventually led to the rooftop.

Pickwickian
04-23-2010, 09:38 AM
In that case maybe it's worth going back...or restarting. I've played Deus Ex from start to completion at least 15 times on the PC and twice on the PS2.

Perhaps just continue on, and then replay the game at a later time? I quite like the idea of discovering things by yourself, in fact I never knew about the MJ-12 facility underneath Hells Kitchen until about my 3rd play-through. Same thing with the killphrases.

Saffire123
04-23-2010, 10:01 AM
You should be able to go back, if you follow those tunnels again.
I would highly reccomend doing so, especially if you havent done the Ton, Smuggler, clinic, etc. Just remember to start doing that where ever you go! You dont always have to follow the primary mission :) :)
Goodluck and have fun, which Im sure you already are!