PDA

View Full Version : Fallout 3 I LOVE YOU

llyndred
04-24-2010, 02:49 AM
hi guys, iv had flalout 3 for a long time now and iv finished it and played it again got around quarter of the way through then lost my progress.

i just wanted to say this has to be one of the best games I have ever played IMO

never have i had such problems doing things morlly like i have in fallout 3 stuff such as killing people or there families or blowing things up, theres any ammount of things you can name.

the creepyness of the subways and the monsters.

the vast world to explore and characters to talk to thigns to collect.

the different storylines depending on which way i chose to go or what to do.

would be great if this game was online co op :D but not missions like a campaign or a playthrough or somthing

its just amazing how they can make somthing like this and i will DEFINITLY be buying fallout new vegas i just hope its as good as this iv already seen the trailr looks interesting :D

anybody else feel this way?

DarthWolf
04-24-2010, 06:59 AM
Fallout 3 is good, I liked beginning part it make you fits more to your character. But gameplay is far from being so good as fallout 2 had - And I don't have combat system in mind. But few mods make it close to fallout 2, but not so close as I would wish.

In short this game is not so "evil" as it should be. To few moral choices, in fallout 2 you had to chose ever time you meet someone.

llyndred
04-24-2010, 10:35 AM
i looked at some screenshots somwhere or a video or somthing isnt fallout 2 like a click and move kinda thing?

unlike fallout 3 where its more 1st person

do you get what i mean? or is it as graphically as good

megafight1
04-24-2010, 10:29 PM
Fallout 2 was released in 1998, so no. It has nowhere near the graphical capability of Fallout 3.

It's also not a first-person/third-person game. You get a top-down view of your character, (imagine an RTS like Command & Conquer) and the map you're currently on.

Combat was turn-based in Fallout 2, as opposed to Fallout 3 which is both turn-based (sort of) and real-time. Picture V.A.T.S. mode being on all the time, except you take turns shooting at your enemies, and having them shoot at you. Action Points and Agility were, IMO, much more important in Fallout 2. However, outside of combat, you simply clicked on the ground where you wanted your character to go, and he would go there. No need to worry about his Action Points or anything.

DarthWolf
04-25-2010, 02:53 AM
To add, fallout 2 is best cRPG ever released on PC. There is no other game close to that. If someone says other, then he is too young or sick ;)

But yea graphic is overdue, that's why we had big hopes in F3.
But F3 is not even close to F1 or F2 so that's why bethesda got their names called ;p

yesitsallonewrd
04-25-2010, 07:01 AM
just wish it was a limitless mmo instead, but considering the recent news this might not ever happen:(

Toxic-candy
04-27-2010, 08:04 AM
Yes i love Fallout3 too- played many many games and none have really come even close...

Gear853
04-27-2010, 09:42 AM
Fallout 3 is good, but it's nothing compare to Fallout 1 and 2, heck even Fallout Tactics is much better.

TramperKen
04-28-2010, 05:10 PM
I'm not interested in a point and click game [boring] so FO3 is an outstanding game and story telling. You FO1&2 guy and gals are most likly the same people who stay with Windows 98 until MicroSoft told you to move and get a life or your Apple nut cases. :D [joke here so laugh or dog-meat and I are coming for you]

llyndred: you right this is a great game, don't get discourage with the doom sayers on this game, they just can't use the keyboard fast enough so they play on an X-box or worst a Wii. :p

Just funny here people, if you did take my comments to heart then may you never find the bobble heads.

dudemag
04-29-2010, 06:01 PM
I'm not interested in a point and click game [boring] so FO3 is an outstanding game and story telling. You FO1&2 guy and gals are most likly the same people who stay with Windows 98 until MicroSoft told you to move and get a life or your Apple nut cases. :D [joke here so laugh or dog-meat and I are coming for you]

llyndred: you right this is a great game, don't get discourage with the doom sayers on this game, they just can't use the keyboard fast enough so they play on an X-box or worst a Wii. :p

Just funny here people, if you did take my comments to heart then may you never find the bobble heads.

Play FO1 & 2 and then tell me you're not interested. If those games don't suck you in MORE than fallout 3 did, then there is something terribly wrong upstairs.

Vriess
05-01-2010, 12:41 PM
Grrrrrreat game!!! Still playing this game, since the day of release :)

jacobignagni
05-03-2010, 02:04 PM
Fallout 3 is good, but it's nothing compare to Fallout 1 and 2, heck even Fallout Tactics is much better.

That is a matter of opinion. Fallout 3 is better to me because personally I just didn't like the originals as much. For me when I play rpg's I love them for their atmosphere and what clicks it for me is when graphics and gameplay bring out the atmosphere. Also I'm not just some shooter fan either. I really just love the combat in fallout 3.

Screecher
05-08-2010, 01:52 PM
Have yet to see this game w/ expansions on a ♥♥♥♥ing sale yet!

T@F
05-08-2010, 05:17 PM
Just bought the retail,sort of confused with it atm as i have all the addons in that come with it.
Shame about the random crashes now and then but yeah sort of looking forward to getting into this game.

KarlMonster
05-12-2010, 12:07 PM
[Watches Enclave Ospreys fall from the sky and explode on the ground]

... (sniff) ... It's beautiful