PDA

View Full Version : "Could not load library matchmaking" - FIXED

OnklHeinrich
04-24-2010, 04:29 PM
Hi! This is for the people who get the error message after the intro movie.

I struggled with this error after the new patch and have finally come across a solution! I tried to verify the game cache, reinstall etc. etc., but to no avail...
It seems that the problem is a .exe file searching for the matchmaking files in the wrong folder.

To fix:
1.Go to your Steam folder>left 4 dead 2>left4dead2>bin
2.Copy the four .dll files (matchmaking.dll, client.dll, matchmaking_ds.dll and server.dll) and paste them in Steam folder>left 4 dead 2>bin

Problem solved! Hope this helps some of you!

Baphomet
04-24-2010, 05:41 PM
And a free jug of beer to my man here..

Thanks.. I kept reading 'validate your files etc...' Nothing worked. This however, worked a treat. If you folks have the same error - "Could not load library matchmaking".. do try this solution.

Cheers.

OnklHeinrich
04-25-2010, 02:15 AM
Glad to have helped=)

bango
04-26-2010, 10:24 AM
hello heinrich!
that fix got my game running again!! thanks a lot for that <3
but, i cant join or host any online games only play SP games for now
i got a whole lot of new errors in the console on startup as well

(got a all fresh installed L4D2 and dont use any SM)

atomikku
04-27-2010, 06:04 AM
Hi! This is for the people who get the CTD and error message after the intro movie.

I struggled with this error after the new patch and have finally come across a solution! I tried to verify the game cache, reinstall etc. etc., but to no avail...
It seems that the problem is a .exe file searching for the matchmaking files in the wrong folder.

To fix:
1.Go to your Steam folder>left 4 dead 2>left4dead2>bin
2.Copy the four .dll files (matchmaking.dll, client.dll, matchmaking_ds.dll and server.dll) and paste them in Steam folder>left 4 dead 2>bin

Problem solved! Hope this helps some of you!

sooooooooooooooooooooo happy! thanks OnklHeinrich, you've made me quite happy! and to think i gave up searching for a fix... haha, thanks alot man! :cool:

ZZUBYTTIHS
05-09-2010, 02:30 AM
late post but I just DLed HL2Server for L4D2 using HLupdateTool and I got this error with a new install.
couldn't get it working for the life of me.

Thanks Onklheinrich this fix worked great.
Come on steam, an error from a new install, not good :(

KainThornn
10-13-2010, 02:28 AM
I was having the same issue with L4D all of a sudden, this fix worked! + rep!

Jello2jedi
12-20-2010, 06:32 AM
Hey there, uh for some reason when I open steam>l4d2>l4d2>bin there are only 3 files there, matchmaking_ds.dll, client.dll, and server.dll, the fourth file is missing!

rom81
02-10-2011, 06:54 AM
Hey, I just wanted to point out that this fix may lead you into the error message "Could not load library Client" after the next L4D(2)-Update. Click here for details (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1752677)!

RugbyOddjob
02-10-2011, 06:57 AM
I have not had this (thank goodness) but award a +rep for OP taking the time to solve a LOT of people's problems and for taking the time to put a thread up that anyone using search shoudl find.

I have also ordered an internet cookie for you, don't eat it all at once ;)

Good job!