PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to gift this game?

phillipjfry6
04-26-2010, 08:04 AM
I'm getting the retail version of Counter-strike source, which includes an extra copy of HL2DM for me, so is it possible to gift this to a friend, who can't use the nvidida/ati offer, because he has an off-brand graphics card..

I'm asking because i heard that you can't gift some valve games (like ep2.)

squidward
04-26-2010, 08:59 AM
I have gifted extra copies to people, so yes you can.

henk717
04-26-2010, 10:25 AM
You dont have to gift it to him.
He can activate it on his account when he is on your pc.
If he's not in your reach he can do it at another friends house.

Ade
04-27-2010, 04:40 PM
Those are also possible solutions, but I think it's easier if you have a steam id to just give the gift of game. I think I did it twice already and form what I remember, the operation is pretty intuitive, just check your games list. BUT if he's got an off-brand graphics card like the laptop ones, make sure you check all the other system requirements, cus in most cases, the game just crashes upon launching.

phillipjfry6
04-27-2010, 06:57 PM
Those are also possible solutions, but I think it's easier if you have a steam id to just give the gift of game. I think I did it twice already and form what I remember, the operation is pretty intuitive, just check your games list. BUT if he's got an off-brand graphics card like the laptop ones, make sure you check all the other system requirements, cus in most cases, the game just crashes upon launching.
He has bought the orange box, and has successfully played through hl2, and he's playing a few mods with no troubles, so i'm sure he can run HL2DM, even if he does have an Intel graphics card.
I have a laptop with nvidia, and i got the package a while back.

ks_ratchet
04-28-2010, 08:59 AM
My cousin had ati and still could use nVidia offer. Go figure. Anyways.

You can gift it if you already have it. Because when you activate something on steam that you already have it should say that one more copy is aviable. Not sure if it counts hl2dm free offer as licensed, though i dont see why not.