PDA

View Full Version : Summing Up

Skinn
04-26-2010, 10:42 AM
Seeing all the yes and no threads regarding this game.
I have come to the conclusion (and i mean no offence to the players by this), that they think of the whole of the CoD community (remember them?, the early games had them) as a bunch of mindless idiots.
People who will just go "new Call of Duty is out, must buy, its a cool game, my mate has played it".

I ventured over to the Infinity Ward forums to see if any thing official was posted the other night when several of us couldn't connect to IWnet, hoping that some tech would let us know what was going on.

It appears that not one official has posted any thing regarding this game, ever.
The way they answer is to simply lock threads that they don't like.

I guess I'm posting this as a question, basically "Why do they treat us like that?" or "How can they treat us like that?"

blazur
04-26-2010, 10:47 AM
I guess I'm posting this as a question, basically "Why do they treat us like that?" or "How can they treat us like that?"

Infinity Ward just doesn't get it. Whether that's because they simply don't care or are too wrapped up in politics under the harsh leadership of Activision is uncertain, but compared to other developers they probably have the worst post-game support I've personally seen.

It's no wonder the team is rapidly deflating.

UrbsTheWord
04-26-2010, 10:48 AM
Seeing all the yes and no threads regarding this game.
I have come to the conclusion (and i mean no offence to the players by this), that they think of the whole of the CoD community (remember them?, the early games had them) as a bunch of mindless idiots.
People who will just go "new Call of Duty is out, must buy, its a cool game, my mate has played it".

I ventured over to the Infinity Ward forums to see if any thing official was posted the other night when several of us couldn't connect to IWnet, hoping that some tech would let us know what was going on.

It appears that not one official has posted any thing regarding this game, ever.
The way they answer is to simply lock threads that they don't like.

Over at the official forums, the only place you will see mods post is in the xbox section(maybe ps3, I don't go in there). Their main outlet is twitter, which is a joke in my book. It's the most unorganized application ever when it comes to the type of communication this game needs. Trust me, no one will ever help you out with this game(employees at IW). If you submit a ticket they usually give you some BS response or tell you to contact Valve, lawl.

LinkToThis
04-26-2010, 11:49 AM
Infinity Ward just doesn't get it. Whether that's because they simply don't care or are too wrapped up in politics under the harsh leadership of Activision is uncertain, but compared to other developers they probably have the worst post-game support I've personally seen.

It's no wonder the team is rapidly deflating.

1. IW has been disbanded, so there is no one TOO talk about the game or update it.

2. The legal battle between IW and activision make it impossible for either side to patch the game. Why would whats left of IW want to patch a game they have not been paid for.

No point complaining about post game support when there is no team to create the support. I don't see why people complain about it being IW's fault :/

Shadowolf
04-26-2010, 12:06 PM
1. IW has been disbanded, so there is no one TOO talk about the game or update it.

2. The legal battle between IW and activision make it impossible for either side to patch the game. Why would whats left of IW want to patch a game they have not been paid for.

No point complaining about post game support when there is no team to create the support. I don't see why people complain about it being IW's fault :/

That's because they pretty much ignored their forums/the community from day one.

So they didn't do that much, or at least 'not fast enough'(care package glitch, model 1887 nerf took how many months to fix?), but thanks to the points you mentioned things will take a lot longer(will never happen).

LinkToThis
04-26-2010, 12:09 PM
That's because they pretty much ignored their forums/the community from day one.

So they didn't do that much, or at least 'not fast enough', but thanks to the points you mentioned things will take a lot longer(will never happen).

The fact that MW2 is not Version 1.0 shows that they did patch there game.

Shadowolf
04-26-2010, 12:14 PM
True, but they only fixed the 'major things'(care package, model 1887 nerf) after months of complaining.

Furthermore, there were a few 'dedicated server petition' threads that 'mysteriously' disappeared. Do you call that listening to the community?

LinkToThis
04-26-2010, 12:22 PM
IW can not go ahead without activions go ahead.

I call that the reason why most of IW left and joined respawn

Skinn
04-27-2010, 09:11 AM
Hmm.
Does any one have any actual proof (links etc) of who gave the go ahead to launch with out dedicated servers?
I dont know if knowing who, would shed any light on the court battle and what went on, but I am still curious.

pistolninja
04-27-2010, 09:22 AM
Hmm.
Does any one have any actual proof (links etc) of who gave the go ahead to launch with out dedicated servers?
I dont know if knowing who, would shed any light on the court battle and what went on, but I am still curious.

Launch without ? Dedis were NEVER in the development process from day one. IW/Activision decided to just keep incredibly quiet about that fact until one month before release.

Mr. Fancy Pants
04-27-2010, 09:42 AM
The fact that MW2 is not Version 1.0 shows that they did patch there game.

The last update for PC was Jan 19th. I stopped going to the IW forums when I needed help and started coming here.

cornholo509
04-27-2010, 10:20 AM
Hmm.

IW NET was created by infinity ward .http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/no-dedicated-servers-for-pc-mw2 . As to have the permission to have this in the game , that was the decision of Activision since they own the franchise . Like everything new IWNET was bound to have problems , but with the political situation between the 2 companies i doubt we will see any fixes or changes since there will be a new COD release later this year .
CODMW2 will probably go down in the history books as the worst programed game ever to be launched . HOPEULLY it will be a reminder to other game developers on WHAT NOT TO DO

link.2
04-27-2010, 10:47 AM
The community has created(for whatever reason) a probably illegal hack that enables dedis http://lmgtfy.com/?q=MW2+dedicated+servers+destructoid
I propose this just be implemented even if it's just as a last update before the cash cow is bled dry
[unless I was mislead this is true]

I mean IWnet is nice and all(just kidding it's just some malfunctioning old thing that can't get a game going in 20 minutes) but it just doesn't beat dedicated servers
dedicated internet connection > better than residential computers connection
=> better performance and more players
dedicated server specs > normal PC specs
=> better performance

EmperorSahlertz
04-27-2010, 10:59 AM
Well.... There is a patch comming with the Stimulus Package.. at least there was for the Xbox.