PDA

View Full Version : Region Restricted Sale

Orto
04-26-2010, 03:00 PM
http://store.steampowered.com/news/3752/

What the..? Another sale and still not available worldwide? cmon Rockstar, get your act together!

DarkPGR
04-26-2010, 05:30 PM
seriously Rockstar / 2K, what's the point of making the sale not available worldwide? Also, that's not the most stupid thing:

Bioshock 2 is available worldwide. Bioshock 1 isn't
GTA: EFLC is available worldwide. GTA IV isn't

WTF?

Orto
04-26-2010, 06:02 PM
Yeah, when those came out I thought they would change their policy, but so far nothing :(

DarkPGR
04-26-2010, 06:05 PM
Yeah, when those came out I thought they would change their policy, but so far nothing :(

I guess they think they are too good to need our money? Or that they don't like our money? It's seriously offensive when they do that...

But is even worse when VALVe lets them do that... they could force them to change their policy, but they don't do it...

lonfar
04-26-2010, 08:28 PM
They dont care if you buy or not, even if you complain now it still wont get you anywhere since the last time i missed a sale due their purchase error they had. I would recommend you find some people that you know to gift instead, i usally ask my US friend to gift me those are cheaper

Moris
04-27-2010, 07:00 PM
couldn't buy either :( strange because in Mexico we don't have laws to restrict video games (at least that Im aware of)

DarkPGR
04-27-2010, 08:18 PM
couldn't buy either :( strange because in Mexico we don't have laws to restrict video games (at least that Im aware of)

It has nothing to do with laws. It's Rockstar the one that's unwilling to sell those games digitally to some countries.

Orto
04-28-2010, 09:20 AM
I guess they think they are too good to need our money? Or that they don't like our money? It's seriously offensive when they do that...

But is even worse when VALVe lets them do that... they could force them to change their policy, but they don't do it...

I seriously don't know what their problem is. This is DD, it's not like they have to ship us the copies or anything.
Maybe they do think they're too good -.-

{Yotsuba}
04-30-2010, 07:50 AM

Actually, GTA: EFLC is not available worldwide thanks to Capcom and their hate of the PC in Japan.

seseorang
04-30-2010, 01:33 PM
And thus you get piracy. If someone wants the game, they will try and get it in other ways if it's not in their country

Willie The Pimp
05-02-2010, 07:23 PM
Knowing absolutely ♥♥♥♥-all about this situation, I'd bet dollars to donuts they sold/exchanged the distribution rights in certain areas to other companies, preventing them from competitive sale practices through e-distrib.

djuara
05-02-2010, 08:06 PM
What you can do is to get someone in region that have the game to buy and gift it to you. The only Rockstar game that is available for me to buy on Steam is EFLC, but I have all Rockstar games because my friends in US/Canada helped me get them.

Better than pirating. :)

Rogersdead
05-04-2010, 02:19 AM
And thus you get piracy. If someone wants the game, they will try and get it in other ways if it's not in their country

Like maybe buying it retail?

lylatwOW
05-05-2010, 08:15 PM
What you can do is to get someone in region that have the game to buy and gift it to you. The only Rockstar game that is available for me to buy on Steam is EFLC, but I have all Rockstar games because my friends in US/Canada helped me get them.

Better than pirating. :)

is that possible? if a friend buy me a game in the U.S. and send it as a gift I can play it?

agent47
05-22-2010, 10:30 PM
it's stupid, in Australia we only have gta 4 and eflc, so it can't be about censorship, and i don't know how rockstar are making any extra money by not selling their games to certain people, i have already gotten two older gta games off ebay, but i would have happily bought off steam if i could've.

adz
07-12-2010, 12:37 AM
it's stupid, in Australia we only have gta 4 and eflc, so it can't be about censorship, and i don't know how rockstar are making any extra money by not selling their games to certain people, i have already gotten two older gta games off ebay, but i would have happily bought off steam if i could've.

because aus is tight ♥♥♥'s, ♥♥♥♥ this classification b♥♥♥♥

vtastek
07-20-2010, 04:07 PM
I hope RDR comes to steam and it won't have this restriction.

TimmySlim
09-30-2010, 06:05 AM
I need ROCKSTAR games for RUSSIA!
please....
valve and rockstar - my favorite!

Destz
12-22-2010, 02:09 PM
yea it's terrible. I can't buy rockstar collection :mad:

@Turkey

traxandrew
01-08-2011, 12:11 AM
I need ROCKSTAR games for RUSSIA!
please....
valve and rockstar - my favorite!

I want to buy GTA and Max Payne games in Russia too. Put them in Store.

FourThing
01-08-2011, 02:10 AM
Ok so,
rockstar doesnt want me to get their games
-I need to ask one of my friends from us to get game.
-I will take that risk, game may not work, steam may not allow etc.
-Game company doesnt like my country and dont want me to get that game
Seriously, dont you guys think pirating is WAAAY better in this case ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Flag_of_Edward_England.svg

p1cwh0r3
04-17-2011, 12:18 AM
Yea... Not happy about this.

Grue12
06-22-2011, 06:12 PM
In Russia all GTA games are available now. (Several months ago only GTA4 was.) That's good. If only R* released English versions of Max Payne here...

MohaKH
10-21-2011, 04:32 PM
I can easily ask this from a friend to purchase it for me because it's not available in my region, but I wonder what is the point from this?!

Just another great game not available in my region, What a pity!

tin
10-25-2011, 12:22 AM
In Russia all GTA games are available now. (Several months ago only GTA4 was.)

Same for Australia - I tried to buy the pack when they had a sale some months ago and it got removed from the cart. But this latest sale, I was able to buy the classic pack no questions asked. Finally someone woke up on that one I think.

Which brings me to why I'm here right now... L.A. Noire. I just decided to pre-order it based on the price given to me by Steam's store. $45US is a perfectly acceptable price for a game. Didn't really even need to think about it.
But of course, after getting through the motions of paying for it, the bloody price jumped up to nearly double - $80US with the 10% off (normally $90!) - just because I live in Australia! NOT buying it now, which means Rockstar and Valve lose the money I was going to give them.

I'm not so fussed by the regional pricing - I don't agree with it, but they can do what they want. What really gets on my nerves is the fact the stupid website can't cope with checking where you are FIRST! It waits until you get all set to play the game before it silently increases the prices (or chucks the item from the cart).

TweekyTweek
12-30-2011, 07:09 PM
seriously Rockstar / 2K, what's the point of making the sale not available worldwide? Also, that's not the most stupid thing:

Bioshock 2 is available worldwide. Bioshock 1 isn't

WTF?
umm..for one thing,Bioshock is not available worldwide,i live in china and Bioshock 2 isnt available in my region as well as Bioshock 1,dunno about the rest of asia though..