PDA

View Full Version : Who discovered those stars *possible spoilers*

Yeowj
04-27-2010, 08:45 AM
I've played through Braid, and never seen any of the elusive stars. I was wondering though, how the first person managed to discover how to obtain all the stars unless it was leaked by the developer.

Of course there are some very smart people playing the game, but I just can't believe that unless the information was made available from the developer, that obtaining all the stars would have been unobtainable.

For instance, I think it's world 3 or 4 where the star can only be obtained if the puzzle is not completed. And even then, the puzzle must be assembled in a certain way and would never be discovered upon first play. The clever bridge puzzle from world 2 I believe can be deduced from the environment. But certain stars I don't believe could be found unless you knew what to do and where to look.

Is there anyone around that managed to discover ALL the secrets from Braid by themselves? I'm trying to imagine the intelligence of the person, but just can't imagine such a being. Other than Jonathan Blow of course.

Pufje
04-29-2010, 04:32 PM
Seeing no one reply in here I guess no one knows. My bet is that the first discovered star was the one in world 2 with the extremely slow platform. I've noticed it before too, moving very slowly but not having the motivation to wait for it so then there was some kid with too much time on his hands and waited for the cloud, he got the star, posted it online, showing people the star formation on the main hub and started a large chain reaction of people wanting to figure out all the other stars.

Another theory is that the players can use the level editor to see the entire map...

chokke
05-12-2010, 03:38 AM
Seeing no one reply in here I guess no one knows. My bet is that the first discovered star was the one in world 2 with the extremely slow platform. I've noticed it before too, moving very slowly but not having the motivation to wait for it so then there was some kid with too much time on his hands and waited for the cloud, he got the star, posted it online, showing people the star formation on the main hub and started a large chain reaction of people wanting to figure out all the other stars.

Another theory is that the players can use the level editor to see the entire map...

Or a (the) developer gave out small hints anonoumisly, triggering the community to be on lookout and therefor finding them.

Niscimble
05-12-2010, 04:24 AM
Most likely by accident at first. I found a star simply because I was so frustrated trying to get a puzzle piece that I decided to take the long way around to do it, thus boosting me up above the level where the star was.