PDA

View Full Version : GTA 4 securom problems. Please help!

Sweetman
04-27-2010, 10:42 PM
So I just decided to buy the rockstar pack on steam today. Started installing gta 4.

It just finished installing, tried to start it up, first step was the securom activation. It tried to do it automatically, it didn't work.

I was told that the serial number was not found in the database. I tried to activate it manually.

Got some window to go to rockstargames with an "unlock request code" and my serial number to request an unlock code. I went there, entered my unlock code and serial number. Nothing.

I went to the damn securom website and entered my request code and serial number there, same thing. The game failed to verify 4 times. Automatically, manually, on the rockstar website, and the securom website. What I basically gathered is that my serial number doesn't exist. And no, I didn't mistype it!

Great. Steam provided me with a nonexistent serial number. This is my first encounter with securom ever, I don't get it. What am I supposed to do with my nonexistent serial number? Am I doing it wrong? Do I contact some kind support? Steam? Securom? WHO!?

I'm completely lost here. If anyone can please help, I'd really appreciate it.

ryuprecht
04-27-2010, 11:19 PM
Same thing just happened to me.

Ramus
04-27-2010, 11:23 PM
Same here. Thank god for securom, making the world a safer place for pirates everyday. I sure am glad to be a paying customer.

MidnightFox
04-28-2010, 12:19 AM
yea i'm having the same problems with SecurROM. i spent the better part of the night downloading this massive game only to be cockblocked by this crap. it's like what the hell do i have to do to by pass this? am i going to have to draw another pentagram on the wall and spill the blood of a virgin rubber chicken? if so i'm going to have to go back to wal-mart and get some more chalk...

BTW: did any of you buy the $7.95 version of the game or get it as a bundle? cause i got my copy when they had the game going for $7.95

Ramus
04-28-2010, 12:24 AM
I got the bundle.

ELPsteel
04-28-2010, 01:07 AM
I also purchased the game during the 3 hour 75 percent off sale. I am getting the same "serial invalid" message, no matter how I try to register it...simply put, this is unacceptable. Regardless of how little I payed for the game, I DO expect it to work.

MidnightFox
04-28-2010, 01:20 AM
i fired off an e-mail to SecuROM about this bull♥♥♥♥. I even included a link to this post. knowing them won't hear back for a week. and even then it's going to be some half-cocked excuse. i even sent a copy of the receipt Steam sent me showing i bought the game. now before any one gets too ♥♥♥♥♥y, this ain't on Steam for this. this is SecuROM's & RockStar's bloody fault.

Kazoom
04-28-2010, 01:43 AM
Same here. Stupid sale. Otherwise I would have checked for 3rd party DRM. I will try to get a refund. ♥♥♥♥ you SecROM!

Dooplicity
04-28-2010, 02:26 AM
I'm having the same issue.

After waiting all day for this 16GB game to download I'm stopped by this garbage.:mad:

i fired off an e-mail to SecuROM about this bull♥♥♥♥.

I just did the same thing. Now begins the wait for a response.:rolleyes:

Hellheart
04-28-2010, 03:02 AM
I think the issue happened to everyone who bought it during the sale. I also think that this will delay Securom response time even further than normal.

I will give Securom a week, after which I will e-mail Steam and ask them to handle this issue. I have a feeling that Steam will fix it faster than Securom will, but even if they don't, I'd be surprised if we can't get some sort of compensation for buying a game that nobody can play.

Valyrius
04-28-2010, 03:48 AM
Same issue. Honestly I wouldn't have near the same amount of problems with DRM if I didn't have experiences like this repeatedly. This is the third time in the past year I have not been able to play a new game until after putting in several hours of troubleshooting. But paying for a game, spending several hours downloading it, and then not being able to play it because of SecuROM pisses me off to no end.

=NF=Reaper
04-28-2010, 06:05 AM
Ditto! This is so messed up. I was really looking forward to playing this game.

Sweetman
04-28-2010, 08:09 AM
Although it really sucks that we're all having the same problem, I'm glad that I'm not the only one. I've already posted a question about this on steam support, if more people say the same thing maybe they will get wind of rather serious problem.

I hope that steam can resolve this issue without having to get securom involved. But it's good to know that some of you people have emailed securom as well. If anyone hears anything, please let us know. There's just no reason why we shouldn't be able to play this.

lancegoodale
04-28-2010, 08:34 AM
Wow this game is full of Win hahahaha same thing happened to me bought the rockstar collection installed last night and behold cant activate via securerom. I know companies are trying to stop piracy but with whats been going on with this no wonder a bunch of people pirate games. Can we get some support for paying customers please.

blayer
04-28-2010, 08:43 AM
Same thing here.
Im almost glad im not the only one having this problem. but its nothing to be glad about.. FFS securom.. :mad:

Paul The Best
04-28-2010, 08:48 AM
Same problem here. Serial Key or CD Key as its called in Steam is not valid. I find it bitterly ironic that a game called Grand Theft Auto has some of the strictest anti-theft software out there.

dhm116
04-28-2010, 08:56 AM
I am having the same issue...purchased yesterday during the sale. :o

lionpants
04-28-2010, 09:05 AM
Same problem here... what a piece of ****.

If I had known that they were using SecuROM I wouldn't have wasted my money on this "deal".

What a joke.

no worries
04-28-2010, 09:07 AM
I had the same issue last night. And still do, of course. I filed a ticket with Steam, but have heard nothing back.

I encourage everyone to start a support ticket with Steam to make sure this is brought to their attention. It's most likely an issue of Steam not communicating the CD key to SecureROM properly.

The CD Key that is displayed in Steam for you is actually the multiplayer key, not the one SecureROM is looking for.

iProd
04-28-2010, 09:09 AM
I got this too, bought the bundle after the 75% deal was over with. This is pretty lame. :/

lionpants
04-28-2010, 09:09 AM
I had the same issue last night. And still do, of course. I filed a ticket with Steam, but have heard nothing back.

I encourage everyone to start a support ticket with Steam to make sure this is brought to their attention. It's most likely an issue of Steam not communicating the CD key to SecureROM properly.

The CD Key that is displayed in Steam for you is actually the multiplayer key, not the one SecureROM is looking for.

Yup, this is probably the problem, because even manually activating does nothing!

Does this game also have that bull**** limit to the number of times you can activate it? If this is true I really think I might just want a refund. :(

Sweetman
04-28-2010, 09:12 AM

Is it really? How do you know?

He's right though. If you can, everyone should place a support ticket to bring attention to this issue.

Garandx
04-28-2010, 09:32 AM
Ditto on the securom crap, rejected the code faster then I could click submit. Bought the GTA Complete package.

chraghl2
04-28-2010, 09:39 AM
I bought the pack too, and am having the same issue... Weeeeeee for secure ROM. I dont understand why we need SecureROM if this is a STEAM game?? Isnt Steam a "Validation" software too?

I bought the bundle.

Paul The Best
04-28-2010, 10:02 AM
Has anyone tried this https://support.securom.com/rockstarunlock/GTA_IV/index.php?c=unlock yet? Im at work till later and wont get a chacne to get at it. Hopefully it helps!

cfashford
04-28-2010, 10:06 AM
I've got exactly the same problem - bought mine in the 75% off sale. Fired off emails to Steam and SecuROM

Sweetman
04-28-2010, 10:08 AM
Has anyone tried this https://support.securom.com/rockstarunlock/GTA_IV/index.php?c=unlock yet? Im at work till later and wont get a chacne to get at it. Hopefully it helps!

One of the first things I tried. And I tried to go to the securom website for that too. Every time I tried, it said my serial number was invalid. It seems like everyone else on here has the same exact problem. As someone said earlier, the problem may be that the serial key provided to us was not the securom activation key, but the multiplayer key. Which is possible, and would explain why none of our cd keys work.

Hopefully steam will reply to us soon.....

Paul The Best
04-28-2010, 10:14 AM
One of the first things I tried. And I tried to go to the securom website for that too. Every time I tried, it said my serial number was invalid. It seems like everyone else on here has the same exact problem. As someone said earlier, the problem may be that the serial key provided to us was not the securom activation key, but the multiplayer key. Which is possible, and would explain why none of our cd keys work.

Hopefully steam will reply to us soon.....

Thanks Sweetman. I opened a ticket too, let's all do it to get Steam on it more quickly!

AHamSammich
04-28-2010, 10:21 AM
I went to the Steam help page and did the "Verify integrity of game cache" thing. Now it says "Failed to contact key server". Does this mean they're changing it?

Bohun
04-28-2010, 10:45 AM
I also have the same problem with incorrect key. Though, knowing the infamous GTA4 reputation, I should have suspected thst something will go wrong.

Waiting for fix.

S0lst1ce
04-28-2010, 10:47 AM
Lets just hope they fix the "invalid serial" problem this afternoon!

raffal89
04-28-2010, 10:49 AM
Me and my friend bought that game yesterday and he had no problems activating it, unfortunately i was less lucky... that probably means securom could handle that 75% off sale and got bunged up or something...

jw.diemer
04-28-2010, 10:54 AM
Same here. Bought the bundle, only have multiplay key.

Thatll teach me to be a consumer and pay for their product. Oh well, i guess i'll go back "borrowing" them from the good people on torrent sites.

krat
04-28-2010, 10:55 AM
Had a similar problem on another game, they didn't get enough keys from the publisher but sold the game over the limit anyways. Received an aditional key a couple of days later. not sure though if thats the case here.

alden
04-28-2010, 11:16 AM
It looks like the latest batch of GTA IV keys didn’t make it into Securom’s servers correctly. The issue is being corrected and should be fixed in 20 minutes or so.

ryuprecht
04-28-2010, 11:21 AM
Thank you!

S0lst1ce
04-28-2010, 11:22 AM
Yay. Nice Customer support valve! /cheer @ Valve

Skysoldier180
04-28-2010, 11:29 AM
I have the same problem please steam help me

breathingbullet
04-28-2010, 11:31 AM
The funny thing is, I "borrowed" this game, decided I loved it, and then bought it. I really wish I had not deleted my copy.

Sweetman
04-28-2010, 11:34 AM
It looks like the latest batch of GTA IV keys didn’t make it into Securom’s servers correctly. The issue is being corrected and should be fixed in 20 minutes or so.

thank goodness! I was going to stop by the local farm to pick up a goat to sacrifice to satan in hopes that he would fix my drm issues. Again.

I'll be looking forward to suffering technical issues and crashes from GTA 4 as soon as I get off work. Thank you, steam!

Seriously though. Thanks.

Garandx
04-28-2010, 11:36 AM
TY for the prompt fix on this valve. Always tops.

Paul The Best
04-28-2010, 11:53 AM
Yar me matey.

alden
04-28-2010, 11:55 AM
This should be fixed now.

jw.diemer
04-28-2010, 12:03 PM
I hate securom, but i love valve. Thanks guys!

HerzogKinski
04-28-2010, 12:06 PM
Thank you! I don't play video games, and I just got WIndows 7 so I thought I'd download GTA IV, and to my surprise it was only $7.50! And then all this happened, just my luck!

kahl452
04-28-2010, 09:19 PM
Same here

kahl452
04-28-2010, 10:44 PM
Same here Fixed, ty valve !

JuiceRabbit
06-29-2010, 09:40 PM
Securom = No sale

kungpowtaco
09-05-2011, 01:01 PM
EVERYBODY!!! RIGHT CLICK GTA ON YOUR LIBRARY AND CLICK VIEW CD KEY, THE KEY IS YOUR SERIAL

CoolNeSsInABuN
07-18-2012, 10:04 AM
The funny thing is I bought this game like 2 years ago through steam played it like a charm. Then go to boot it up today and now this Securom ♥♥♥♥ is preventing me from playing. WTF!?

Sinhealer
07-18-2012, 10:09 AM
Please don't nerco old threads(over a year old)I thought there was a problem with keys until I noticed the date!

TalonIV
07-18-2012, 10:11 AM
There is a problem with keys today - Valve has asked for more, and all we can do is wait till they're available. A mod should lock this thread since it's so old.

Sinhealer
07-18-2012, 10:13 AM
There is a problem with keys today - Valve has asked for more, and all we can do is wait till they're available. A mod should lock this thread since it's so old.

Ah thanks,I just read the other threads.

I already reported this thread to be locked.

OHMEGA
07-18-2012, 10:24 AM
They ran out of keys.

Sinhealer
07-18-2012, 10:38 AM
They ran out of keys.

I know but with this thread there is someone from Valve saying it is now sorted,it is very misleading to have such an old thread necro'd.

Tumpo
07-18-2012, 10:43 AM
I would understand if I just bought this game but...I have 28 hours recorded gameplay and I bought this 1-2 years ago and I can't play because I dont have serial. Whatthe♥♥♥♥?

baq99
07-18-2012, 11:16 AM
Having the same CD key issue. Tried to find the link to "view CD key" in steam and it's simply not there. Not enough CD keys again eh? Not great. :mad:

Tumpo
07-18-2012, 12:37 PM
Well I have my CD Key now...

λLλN
07-18-2012, 01:13 PM
Rockstar suck balls, they betrayed their loyal PC customers with this sacrilege. GTA4 - the console port

Endless crash to desktops, thats if you can get secufail to do what its supposed to be doing.

All of this happened 4 years ago, nothing has changed then?

Never bought a rockstar game ever since and never will