PDA

View Full Version : PS3 patch

watlurk
04-28-2010, 12:26 PM
Does anyone know when the patch that came out for PC a couple of days ago come out for playstation 3?

DrunkPunk
04-28-2010, 12:28 PM
you'll get no love here with the console talk, people are snotty bout their PC gaming.

so far, tho, no date has been posted for the consoles to get the patch. the best forums, despite 90% of the threads being whining about recon players, for console talk is here (http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/forums/show/108.page)

Cypher024
04-28-2010, 12:29 PM
You'll get the patch the moment you buy BC2 for the PC.

Sorry, it had to be said, I actually love the PS3.

omghi2u
04-28-2010, 12:46 PM
wtf
so this piece of ♥♥♥♥ patch ruins helicopter flying and they don't even release it where it might actually be usefull......

good job guys, i can see everybody is working at full brain capacity

DrunkPunk
04-28-2010, 12:47 PM
wtf
so this piece of ♥♥♥♥ patch ruins helicopter flying and they don't even release it where it might actually be usefull......

good job guys, i can see everybody is working at full brain capacity

it's not only way easier to release it on the PC first (don't have to go through the process of getting it ready for xbox live/PSN), but it's also a good place for them to test it out and gather feedback. makes sense to me.

omghi2u
04-28-2010, 12:48 PM
maybe they could have tested it before releasing it

it takes about 1 game with helis to see how much of a gong show it is

DrunkPunk
04-28-2010, 12:49 PM
maybe they could have tested it before releasing it

... and gather feedback how? internally? that's not the idea of gathering feedback.

omghi2u
04-28-2010, 12:51 PM
why would you need feedback to see that it didn't work, it's a matter of trying it out once to see that it's not working

DrunkPunk
04-28-2010, 12:53 PM
why would you need feedback to see that it didn't work, it's a matter of trying it out once to see that it's not working

was referring to feedback based on the changes. such as, tracer dart change. lots of people don't like it. dunno if they'll reduce the speed a bit, but who knows. they don't have the advantage of having public test servers around so people can see changes, get feedback, and adjust accordingly (which is how we do it where i'm at). i'd assume that the PC release was in part for something like this, but also because going through the process of releasing things on xbox live can be a raging pain in the ♥♥♥.

omghi2u
04-28-2010, 12:58 PM
i would imagine it is a pain in the ♥♥♥, but the tracer dart buff ruined vehicles for pc simply because console players suck at aiming(their fault for playing an fps with a thumb stick)

now if they had actually loaded up the game and tried out tracer darts they would have noticed this. i have no idea how you couldn't notice it, especially when pc helis don't have the agility of console helis to begin with.

it's a console fix they put into the pc version that never needed the change in the first place. nowhere near that much of a change anyways.