PDA

View Full Version : I recommend it

Salaminizer
04-28-2010, 02:17 PM
There's no 16x10 support, but as everything is hand-drawn it's understandable (and it's stunning). yes, the main character's (Sadwick) voice is a bit annoying, but I got used to it.

I've seen some people criticizing the game for illogical solutions to some puzzles, but it's not different from other games out there, especially the new Tales of MI and the highly praised The Longest Journey.

There's a key to highlight every interactive spot, so you'll only get stuck if you don't try everything. Also, even if certain combinations don't work, Sadwick's response is often hilarious, and with a click you can skip the dialog.

2late
04-28-2010, 03:10 PM
so do I. It's a fantastic point & click adventure game that every fan of the genre should try (especially since there's already a demo out)

minerva79
04-28-2010, 04:44 PM
Definitely the best looking 2D animated adventure game. Reminded me dearly of the Discworld games, in terms of style.

Feindfeuer
05-05-2010, 02:47 AM
For some reason i could not get into all the new 3D looking remakes of adventures. Even for the classics like Sam&Max. But this one just feels like the 'good old days' of adventure gaming. I'm not regretting my purchase in any way :D ...also, i'm feeling old.:(

limegonk
09-13-2012, 12:06 PM
I want to love The Whispered World. The world it creates is fascinating and moving. It's beautiful inside and out, and had so many moments that made me smile.

How sad that the puzzles are so ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ atrocious. Even the best adventure games have 'those' puzzles - the subway clamp in The Longest Journey, Monkey Island 2's monkey wrench - but seemingly every other puzzle in The Whispered World is on that level of stupid. Or else makes you jump through pointless extra hoops once you've already figured out the answer.

I hardly ever say this about a game, but I think it would have made a better film.