PDA

View Full Version : My SCC impressions

chaos_06
04-28-2010, 04:57 PM
So, I just finished the story mode. Luckily I didn't have any issues with the DRM or starting the game. I couldn't get multiplayer to work when I first installed the game as it kept saying "could not find ubisoft servers" or something along those lines. After finishing the story, I tried coop again and now it works, so I guess it was an issue on ubi's end.

While I generally enjoyed the game (those hand-to-hand takedowns are awesome), I think some elements could use changing. First, why did they get rid of the mouse scroll to change movement speed mechanic? Second, all the weapons (or all the pistols at least) should have the same number of execute slots or whatever they're called. I found my self sticking with the 5-7 throughout the entire game simply because it has the most slots, although I wanted to try the other weapons. Also, all the weapons should offer a silencer upgrade since this is at its core, a stealth game. If you want to play stealthily, a loud weapon is completely useless so again, I didn't even try using some of the weapons because a silencer was not offered.

I know some people don't like the color fading when in the dark, but it didn't bother me too much. It's sort of the same thing as using night vision isn't it?

Performance wise, SCC definitely needs some optimization. Interstingly enough, even though my gamme was running about 25-30 fps, it seemed smoother than most games would be at these frame rates. If I didn't have fraps turned on, I'd have guessed that the game was running at a consistent 30fps at least. Thankfully it never felt choppy or laggy in any way. I'm running the game at 1920x1080, everything high or on, no AA, 8x AF. BTW, AA in this game seems to cut your fps by 1/3. Also, scaling the graphics down didn't seem to increase fps by a significant amount anyway.

Just FYI, I have
Win 7 32 bit
Core 2 Duo, 2.93Ghz
4GB RAM (3.4GB usable)
GTS250 1GB overclocked

Yurik
04-28-2010, 05:29 PM
So you're able to connect to coop now?