PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to play with German VO?

Azure_One
04-29-2010, 03:15 AM
The most frequent complaint I hear about this game is that it has terrible English voice acting. I played the German demo and thought the VO was fine there, so I'd like to know if it's possible to set the game to fully German, voice included.

The game's info page lists it as an available language, but AFAIK that sometimes means text only. I want to be sure.

Julveyo
04-29-2010, 04:53 AM
Voice acting is good. But voice for Sadwick is strange... Wrong idea to make Sadwick with such speech defect. I suppose in DE version he also must have same speech defect.

Azure_One
04-29-2010, 04:56 AM
I don't recall him having any impediment in the demo I played. At any rate, I'd like to know if it's possible to play the Steam version in full German.

dragonfax
09-19-2011, 09:13 PM
I would like to know this as well. I don't speak a word of German, but the english voice for the main character irritating beyond belief. I'm going to have to turn off the sound while playing and miss out on the music and the rest of the VA.

in.meinem.turm.
09-19-2011, 11:23 PM
You can play the German version.

Right click in the library -> preferences -> language

Anisotonic
01-01-2012, 04:14 AM
can you play with english subtitles in the German version?

colorado
06-21-2012, 10:45 AM
I wondered this too as Sedgwick has the worst voice ever. I don't mind bad acting, but his voice is just grating and annoying. It's like an adult doing a really awful impression of a kid.

Nathanyel
07-22-2012, 02:56 AM
Warning, switching between languages triggers a near-complete re-download of the game (even when switching back to the original language)

I first started the game in English, found Sadwick's voice annoying, so I downloaded the German files - only to find the German voice even more annoying. You can hear it's a grown man trying to sound like a boy before voice break. Ben and Grandpa weren't better either. Re-downloading the English files now.

Oh, and after I re-played the intro in German and then loaded a save, the main menu was empty save the bonus/credits notes.

Marsbergen
09-10-2012, 03:13 PM
I thought the English voices were fantastic. Sadwick's voice is unique too, which is important for a protagonist.