PDA

View Full Version : Stuck with Malestos

murlock42
04-29-2010, 11:10 AM
After playing less than one hour, I'm stuck with Malestos :
The first time I met him (and his minion), I've got back to town to buy a lot of health potions.
The second time (and after killing severals skeletons), his minion kill my character.
I've reloaded my savegame and now, minion's Malestos does nothing and I can't attack them.

Any tips ?

Thanks in advance.

aralici
04-29-2010, 12:06 PM
Hello there.

Same problem here. The first time I meet Malestos, I run back to the town to buy potions, then I come back and kill all squeletons.

But nor Malestos, nor his minion move now and I can find nothing to fix that (quit game and reload...)

Any advice will be welcome.

yincision
04-30-2010, 02:27 PM
You don't actually attack Malestos himself. The quest ends when you kill his minion, who just activated as I got close enough to him. Make sure you kill all those flame minion-things first since they spawn skeletons.

dynamix609
05-03-2010, 10:10 AM
I did exactly as the OP described and am in the same position.

I have killed minion after minion going back and forth between Malestos and the chap who issues you with the quest in the first instance. I simply can't progress.

Can anyone shed any light, is this a bug or am I missing something?

I really do not want to have to start the game again if I can help it.

isthatacookie
06-19-2010, 10:12 PM
You are not supposed to leave the area. Doing so is what is causing the bug. Trust me, buy a lot of potions, kill all the casters first, then the archers and spawns, then the skeletons. Take a scroll of summon hire and/or exploding trap with you. After killing the main group proceed through the pathed area (NOT the back of the fence) until the cutscene happens. Then rinse & repeat. Kill the Fire Casters first, then Chill Mages, then Spawns, then Archers, then Skeletons. When you dwindle them down the Flesh Giant will attack. Target him and hit A once and you will auto attack him for the whole fight. Keep your fingers on your ability button and HP Pot button. And if you are playing a mage melee attack elites! I know it's strange but unless you have both AoE attacks you are FAR better off meleeing mano el mano vs single creatures.

I was flying through the game until midway through the third area where the boss stopped being targetable, a ballista disappeared, and a merchant stopped talking to me :p

It's a buggy buggy game but if you do like I said you will be fine.

mezopower
12-09-2011, 08:39 AM
i ,am in ancint way quest please help me i cant find the 3 old coloumns:((