PDA

View Full Version : Graphics look a bit muddy

GameCodingNinja
04-29-2010, 11:16 AM
Do the graphics look a bit muddy to you guys? It annoys me a bit.

MidnightSIX
04-29-2010, 11:53 AM
Did you change them at the start menu?

i dont think this game (or any other older rockstar game ie: GTA Vice City) automatically detects your best or highest settings. when i started playing i said the same thing, til i went back to the main menu and changed it under video

GameCodingNinja
04-29-2010, 12:59 PM
I did max out the settings. It does seem like the game lacks contrast. Perhaps the textures are not done that well. I don't really feel like altering the contrast on my tv just for this game.

My other RockStar games look fine.

Psamathos
04-29-2010, 09:44 PM
I noticed that as well, it has a bit of a grey wash. I tried messing with the "brightness" setting on the in-game menu but it doesn't help. I might end up adjusting the contrast on my video card driver for this game.

NabsterHax
04-30-2010, 09:20 AM
Unfortunately, thats how it was made. It's not a "bug" and, as such, probably wont be fixed.

spyrochaete
04-30-2010, 09:52 AM
The clarity of the picture seems okay to me. Can you perhaps show a screenshot so that we can evaluate whether your game looks like the rest of ours?

GameCodingNinja
04-30-2010, 11:09 AM
I noticed that as well, it has a bit of a grey wash.

That's the best way to explain it. Yeah, it is what it is.

Rogersdead
04-30-2010, 12:38 PM
I had the exact same thought when i first played it. But after a while i completely forgot about it. I think it's maybe something to do with the time of day, in the same way the overall colour of the enviroment changes in the GTA games.