PDA

View Full Version : why is it so hard to find a game?!

j10jep2
04-30-2010, 08:14 AM
freakin matchmaking doesnt work flat out, i forwarded the ports people said to then i couldnt even log in so lol @ that. then when i finally find someone to play co-op with outside of the game, they cant invite me and they cant receive my invites! :(

j10jep2
04-30-2010, 08:15 AM
whoops sorry thought this was the conviction board

Krymzon
04-30-2010, 09:27 AM
Technically it is... it's a board for every SC game.

wolfe...
04-30-2010, 12:10 PM
yeah coop was easily 50% of the reason I bought the game and it doesn't work AT ALL. great.

Yurik
04-30-2010, 01:58 PM
yeah coop was easily 50% of the reason I bought the game and it doesn't work AT ALL. great.

Read other threads, there's multiple tips to connect to multiplayer games.

If you're behind a router/firewall, make sure to forward the proper ports.

Join the Splinter Cell Coop finder group, http://steamcommunity.com/groups/scccof

And if you're trying to play a private match with friends, make sure to send multiple invites or have them join a deniable ops game first and then invite them from there, works fine.

Z()mb3h
04-30-2010, 02:21 PM
Read other threads, there's multiple tips to connect to multiplayer games.

If you're behind a router/firewall, make sure to forward the proper ports.

Join the Splinter Cell Coop finder group, http://steamcommunity.com/groups/scccof

And if you're trying to play a private match with friends, make sure to send multiple invites or have them join a deniable ops game first and then invite them from there, works fine.
What good is joining a co-op group if it doesn't work for some of us? I'm in a campus so I have no idea whether Windows Firewall will have any effect on opening ports. Even if I did have an idea, I would keep it off and it still wouldn't work.

And please elaborate about the multiple invites method. Do you mean spam a bunch of invites at once, and THEN the player presses Accept? Or is it one invite after another?