PDA

View Full Version : Expectations

KDR_11k
04-30-2010, 02:16 PM
When you read the description in the store you might form expectations like going on lengthy adventures, exploring a vast universe, fine-tuning and expanding your fleet over hours, stuff like that. Be advised that the adventures last about 10-20 minutes, then it just ends with your character dying of his illness and equipment and ships are dealt out fairly randomly. The universe is fairly small and planets only consist of an encounter (battle, story event, etc), no real exploration there.

It may not be a bad thing but going in with the wrong expectations is.

KrazyKain
04-30-2010, 03:58 PM
When you read the description in the store you might form expectations like going on lengthy adventures, exploring a vast universe, fine-tuning and expanding your fleet over hours, stuff like that. Be advised that the adventures last about 10-20 minutes, then it just ends with your character dying of his illness and equipment and ships are dealt out fairly randomly. The universe is fairly small and planets only consist of an encounter (battle, story event, etc), no real exploration there.

It may not be a bad thing but going in with the wrong expectations is.

I'd have to say I agree, I was expecting the more common 'freelancer' type gameplay with space piracy, trading and that sort of thing. luckily however I really enjoyed the adventure mode even tho it was nothing like what i expected.

to be fair tho, hardcore can take significantly more then 20 mins, but you wont be playing more then an hour anyway

KDR_11k
04-30-2010, 11:08 PM
I was kinda expecting something like Alpha Bounce with space battles instead of brick breaking.