PDA

View Full Version : Resolution is terrible

jeffstom
05-01-2010, 06:02 PM
The game runs really well, and looks great.
My main issue with FUEL is that while I'm running it at 1680x1050 with everything maxed out, it looks like it's at 1280x720 or something.

The menu looks fine, but in game it's all very pixelated.

Is there any fix for this?

Freki
05-01-2010, 06:46 PM
From how you mention the menu looks fine but not the game, my fist guess would be that you are running the game in a lower resolution than you are then menu and not in the monitor's native resolution..

So make sure your monitor ( and game ) is running it's native resolution or it will need to scale resulting in a not perfect looking picture..

If that is the case already it may be engine related or graphic card related..

I surgest trying to adjust the graphics in the game ( anti-aliasing is a good place to start ) and see what helps the best ( keep in mind Codemaster's racing games are shaded to heck and the pixelation may be a part of how it's supposed to look )

Only keep in mind that it's a game made for the consoles ( at best 720P in reality usually a tad less and then upscaled ) so many of the textures will not have been made with much attention to the resolutions PC's can and do run..

Since Steam didn't manage to actually sell products that works ( have the key to a product you sell might be a good idea Steam ) I'm not able to help you further as I can't even start the game, but hopefully ajusting resolution or graphics will help you..

If not I'll try to get back to you when Steam finally get the stuff they sell working..

jeffstom
05-01-2010, 07:32 PM
I am running at native resolution. (1680x1050)
Anti-aliasing settings don't help, nor does anything else in the game launcher.

It sucks that Steam ran out of keys though, you should get it soon.

sarrik
05-01-2010, 09:09 PM
What graphics card are you running?
In any case, check that AA is not disabled in you graphics card's setup.
It looks pretty good on my machine but I'm running at 1920x1200, maxed settings.

channelx99
05-01-2010, 09:12 PM
Its actually the way the game is supposed to look. Im not very fond of the blurry screen either, but its the forced post processing that is doing it.

Theres some tweaks to make the game look really sharp, though it requires a powerful card.

Check the forums here
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=383744&page=72

The screenshots they took are pretty amazing by tweaking the cards settings

Yeowj
05-02-2010, 11:59 AM
The graphics are strange. The cut-scene in the beginning is how I expected the graphics to look in game. However, whilst the vehicle generally looks okay, stuff in the distance looks blurry and pixelated. It's a pity, because the gameplay is great, but the graphics could be sharper. I thought it was a resolution problem, but I'm using 1280x1024 at native resolution, and the game still looks blurry, like I was using 1024x768

mwoody
05-02-2010, 01:23 PM
That one guy in the NeoGAF post does indeed have great screenshots, but nothing I (or anyone else) does makes it look anything close to that. It really does look (and perform!) like an 800x600 game upscaled to 1920x1200. There's no way, for example, that I should be able to pick out clear jagged edges at 1920x1200 8xAA. I've tried everything I know to try in the drivers and setup.

therealzein
05-02-2010, 01:25 PM
Be happy that you can play it :( for the rest of us we have to wait to get a CD-Key