PDA

View Full Version : View Integrity of game cache...

Decalguy77
05-02-2010, 01:37 PM
Ive been having VERY high ping, and my character skipps/jumps when im moving around, so I ran out of all options so as a last resort I used steams "View Integrity of game cache" and everytime I do this I get a error 2 files need to be redownloaded, so it re-downloads them. I enter the game again and it didnt fix my issue. So I "View Integrity of game cache" and get the same 2 file errors.

Anyone else have high ping on a great connection (comcast cable).
Also anyone else try "View Integrity of game cache" and get the 2 errors?

P.S. right click "Guild Wars: Trilogy" click properties click on the local files tab. you will see the options.

Choster
05-02-2010, 01:58 PM
Create a shortcut and change-
"C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\guild wars\Gw.exe"

to

"C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\guild wars\Gw.exe" -image

Then run it and it will update all the files in the game that need to be.

julemand101
05-02-2010, 02:00 PM
I have no solution to you problem with high ping but I can explain you "View Integrity of game cache" issue.

Guild Wars comes with its own update program and this program will automatically checks for updates every time you start the game. But because Guild Wars don't use Steam, Steam will see you Guild Wars files as modified because Steam has not updated them. So when you run the "View Integrity of game cache" Steam will see the updated files as modified and change them back.

Have you try running the "Test My Computer" button in the Guild Wars login screen? If not, try running this test and send the result to pastebin.com and send the link here (why? because the output is very big). The test makes a lots of test of you computer but the important part is the network test in this case.