PDA

View Full Version : Warrior class broken?

Scottgun
05-03-2010, 07:58 AM
I noticed in one of the FAQ/Walkthrough that he says the warrior class is broken. True? If so, what is broken about it? thanks

Xabu
05-03-2010, 03:14 PM
Did it mention specifically how it was broken? I only have about ~6 hours in on only a Warrior but I've yet to have any problems with its abilities or leveling.

Scottgun
05-04-2010, 04:57 AM
No it didn't. Seems like it was an older faq. Just wondering if there is a general complaint about the class.

Artki
08-06-2010, 12:41 PM
I noticed in one of the FAQ/Walkthrough that he says the warrior class is broken.

On some versions of PQ (I think the DS version is one - the PS2 version isn't), you can build characters that roll over the computer easily. I gather that later versions changed certain spells so that you couldn't cast them every turn.

You can still build real strong characters but you're not likely to win without allowing the computer to move.

Spud of Doom
12-21-2010, 01:48 PM
On the DS version there were some pretty hefty balance issues towards the late game. Most notably you could boost all your character's stats up to max (255 in all) by grinding town tribute for hours and then buying stat at the temple.

The thing with warriors is that they get a spell later on (called something like deathbringer or doombringer) that does huge amounts of damage and can be triggered on turn 1 if you equip yourself properly.

That being said, the character I built was able to lock down most Warriors with no problem, so warriors weren't *that* broken. They were just the fastest class to dominate the quest mode.