PDA

View Full Version : Another "Should i buy this?" thread

Ferocity
05-04-2010, 01:38 AM
But i am already familiar with the Guild Wars univers. Bought it a month after released and played it for what it was worth. Then i started playing WoW... (yea i know, poor me) And as a 15 year old poor boy with a crappy PC and no jobs or weekly pocketmoney i used the money i saved from Birthdays etc i got the feeling that i kinda got "pressed" to play WoW because i payed montly. I missed the free feeling from GW. Few years later i jumped from WoW to War, to AoC and some other freebis MMOs. But yesterday i saw the amazing offer of the whole series for less then 20 euros on steam (Steam needs to stop with this amazing offers, i buy almost everything that pops up) And i couldn't shake off the good memories from the early days.

So the question is as following:
How has the series evolved since the first game?

PS: If you thought the first instalment was bad, your opinion wont matter much, because the first instalment was amazing!

MoNk.Rar
05-04-2010, 01:49 AM
They have got new weapons new skills which mean that the game play has changed alot because there are soo many more combos, the game has a few new twists and turns from what you know in prop, like evil crazy ladys too little crazy people =) i quite like the new ones, factions i dont know why i have never really liked but thats my opinion. i personaly loved the first game it was and still is the one that i spend most of my time in, FOW and UW =D

Ferocity
05-04-2010, 02:01 AM
Yea i read that many people are dissapointed with the faction expansion. How come?

MoNk.Rar
05-04-2010, 02:19 AM
It just was not what i thought it would be it was very hard to follow at some points, i dont know exactly what it is about it i just didnt like it you know those feeling you just get

The Comfy Chair
05-04-2010, 03:31 AM
Guild wars has improved. It's gone from good to very good :) Nightfall is a very good campaign, and heroes are fun. The community has obviously died down a little with regards to doing missions now (but you'll always find someone generally for any difficult mission), but pvp is still strong.

I didn't think factions was hard to follow at all personally, it's no nightfall, but it's not awful. Factions is worth it alone for alliance battles anyway (and maybe the assassin profession) :)

If you like guild wars, don't hesitate to snap up the trilogy (and eye of the north too if you can), you won't regret it.

It has evolved generally by implementing heroes for more customizable henchmen and a larger variety of missions. Whereas in prophecies it was just long missions which were a bit tedious all the time, the nightfall campaign has some really great missions in them, and you don't feel as restricted in prophecies as the running around to get to the next mission quests are not the missions themselves! This allows you freedom to explore. Whereas prophecies was just mission after mission, regardless of whether or not it would have been better to have a simple quest.

There are also more side things to do, like the daily zaishen quests, nicholas the travller and if you really miss just fighting for the hell of it, you can max titles out in nightfall and eye of the north (and to a degree factions, but that's primarily pvp based anyway). If you want to max them it can be a grind, but it's never really needed unless you want to do it. Also the story between gw and gw2 is now starting to spring up around the game too, leading to some interesting scenes. I particularly like the asuran trial in eye of the north.