PDA

View Full Version : Doom 3 - Will not save settings... stuck at 640x480

Jynks
05-04-2010, 03:22 PM
Hi there...

I reinstalled doom3 recently as I love it.. and have played it often.. but for some reason when I installed it this time I can not get it to work.. and I am not sure why.

Basically I have always owned Nvidia Cards.. but I now have a new 5770 card. Anyway.. when ever I run doom 3 it always reverts to 640x480 settings.

I was wondering if you guys new a way I could edit the config files or something and set it up so everything it turned to ultra, anti aliasing and have a 1680x1050 resolution?

Thanks in advance

Maledict21
05-07-2010, 09:59 PM
I was wondering if you guys new a way I could edit the config files or something and set it up so everything it turned to ultra, anti aliasing and have a 1680x1050 resolution?

This wiki article should help you set the cvars for the resolution and aspect ratio.

http://www.widescreengaming.net/wiki/Doom_3

This tweak guide covers the config files, as well as the graphical cvars that you'll need to set (Note: It's multiple pages).

http://www.techspot.com/tweaks/doom3/

Jynks
05-07-2010, 11:59 PM
Thanks man.... ok... for my setup all had to do was make a txt file called autoexec.cfg and place it in the "..\Steam\steamapps\common\doom 3\base" dir. With the following codes...

set com_machineSpec 3
set r_mode -1
set r_customWidth 1680
set r_customHeight 1050
set image_lodbias "-1.0"
set image_anisotropy 8
set r_multiSamples 8
set r_aspectRatio 2

set com_machineSpec 3 = ULTRA VIDEO SETTINGS
set r_mode -1 = CUSTOM RESOLUTION
set r_customWidth 1680 = RESOLUTION WIDTH
set r_customHeight 1050 = RESOLUTION HIGHT
set image_lodbias "-1.0" = SHARPENS THE IMAGE A BIT (reduces blur)
set image_anisotropy 8 = ANISOTROPIC FILTERING X8 (texture sampling)
set r_multiSamples 8 = ANTI-ALIASING X8 (x16 crashed my system for some reason)
set r_aspectRatio 2 = CORRECT ASPECT RATIO FOR MY CHOSEN RESOLUTION

The autoexec.cfg if placed the the dir I said at the start, these setting will auto load and override whatever is in the default doomconfig.cfg that comes with doom for those same settings...

Thanks for the help.. for more details on the cfg file.. check that link that Maledict21 posted.
http://www.techspot.com/tweaks/doom3/

(thanks Maledict21)

LexusInfernus
05-13-2010, 06:45 AM
It doesnt work for me.

Ive made my own autoexec.cfg txt file, which does absolutely nothing. Ive also used the wiki way by altering the variables in the DoomConfig.cfg file, but that also didnt change anything.

It does appear if the hight of the screen has been changed though, but it hasnt changed the width.

EDIT: nevermind that, I made a mistake. It works now.

chaotic_uk
06-25-2010, 06:38 PM
It doesnt work for me.

Ive made my own autoexec.cfg txt file, which does absolutely nothing. Ive also used the wiki way by altering the variables in the DoomConfig.cfg file, but that also didnt change anything.

It does appear if the hight of the screen has been changed though, but it hasnt changed the width.

how did you fix it ? , not got it past 640x480 here yet :eek:

jp_bl_68
06-27-2010, 06:58 AM
What was the mistake and how did you fix it?

Pallih
06-29-2010, 07:05 AM
Having the same problem and autoexec.cfg and modifieing doomconfig.cfg did nothing.

EDIT: think I fixed the problem. I installed the expansion pack aswell, and went to change the settings there. It told me to boot up the game, but instead, I changed back to original Doom 3, and then back to RoE, and the settings were saved.