PDA

View Full Version : DICE punishes good UAV users in Nelson Bay

hgdyth
05-05-2010, 11:41 AM
No one has made mention of this that I know of. If you are in the first UAV in nelson bay and your team captures the first base, once your UAV is destroyed if you don't IMMEDIATELY sprint away from the terminal you will die for being in the gray area of the map. If that isn't gay enough, if your allies capture the second base as well, you are forced a death once your UAV gets shot down. This is either because DICE sucks and wants to punish good players, or because they were too lazy to think of all the reprecussions of having a progressing gray map area. It's quite stupid and practically forces you to abandon the UAV once the base is captured.

DrunkPunk
05-05-2010, 11:47 AM
No one has made mention of this that I know of. If you are in the first UAV in nelson bay and your team captures the first base, once your UAV is destroyed if you don't IMMEDIATELY sprint away from the terminal you will die for being in the gray area of the map. If that isn't gay enough, if your allies capture the second base as well, you are forced a death once your UAV gets shot down. This is either because DICE sucks and wants to punish good players, or because they were too lazy to think of all the reprecussions of having a progressing gray map area. It's quite stupid and practically forces you to abandon the UAV once the base is captured.

Actually, I noticed this last night, except for 2 things. One, it didn't start putting me out of bounds until my UAV died. Two, I was able to run out of it in time. Just in time, and I had to turn around to revive an unfortunate squad mate who spawned on me, but I got out alive. While it's unfortunate, it's not impossible to avoid death.

vorhees77
05-05-2010, 11:49 AM
I dont see a huge issue with it, i can still sprint to the fair part of the map before time expires.

deadheadbill
05-05-2010, 11:59 AM
Not something I care enough to be worried about tbh. Nelson Bay is probably the worst map anyways.

omghi2u
05-05-2010, 12:06 PM
it's still a bug that should be addressed, no point in trying to shoot the thread down guys

i always assumed that maps opened up once you capped the first set of mcomms like how on isla you can steal their tank once they get past the first mcomms

vorhees77
05-05-2010, 12:18 PM
So you want us to validate your opinion? It's not really a bug and it's not a game breaking issue and not everyone who uses the UAV keeps it in the air long enough to see the other stages. If it was a bug there are many other problems that need to be addressed first.

DrunkPunk
05-05-2010, 12:19 PM
it's still a bug that should be addressed, no point in trying to shoot the thread down guys

i always assumed that maps opened up once you capped the first set of mcomms like how on isla you can steal their tank once they get past the first mcomms

i'm not trying to shoot the thread down by any means, all i'm saying is, it's not a gamebreaking issue. very few will experience it, and even then, for those like me who had no clue it existed, can still get away without incident.

ChillyWI
05-05-2010, 12:22 PM
I only died from this happening once. After that I knew that as soon as my UAV got destroyed I should start sprinting. It'd be nice if you didn't have to sprint quite so far but it's not that big of a deal.

omghi2u
05-05-2010, 12:48 PM
So you want us to validate your opinion? It's not really a bug and it's not a game breaking issue and not everyone who uses the UAV keeps it in the air long enough to see the other stages. If it was a bug there are many other problems that need to be addressed first.

oh my god how did i not think of the other bugs that need to be addressed, everyone completely forget about every single issue other then the ones that vorhees here deems more appropriate

it's a good thing you're here vorhees, we can only hold in a very limited amount of knowledge when it comes to bugs that need to be fixed. thanks very much for straightening us out before something important got pushed out of our brains!

besides this falls into the greater category of dice allowing a vehicle to stay spawned as long as a teammate is close enough to it while on uav so you don't have to suicide to catch up with your advancing team like what happens on pretty much any rush map whether you die or not

GirlPower23
05-05-2010, 12:50 PM
It doesn't sound like a bug to me. It sounds as if intended because it lets you finish your flight at least and gives you extra time to make it to the boundary line.

DrunkPunk
05-05-2010, 12:52 PM
It doesn't sound like a bug to me. It sounds as if intended because it lets you finish your flight at least and gives you extra time to make it to the boundary line.

True, otherwise people would be able to run multiple UAV's on the map...

omghi2u
05-05-2010, 12:58 PM
so this is the only map that i've heard of to kill someone who's back on a previous cap points uav and yet somehow it's going to allow multiple uav's when no other maps do in the first place?

Muffin Monster
05-05-2010, 01:07 PM
UAV shouldn't be a small and deadly chopper...

Armed mini chopper is fair enough, but rockets?

WTF!

vorhees77
05-05-2010, 01:13 PM
Stuff

It's ok man, dont get mad, we're all friends here. Im sure DICE is reading this right now and getting ready to notify EA and its investors of media backlash this will produce. I encourage all of you with stock in EA to sell ASAP.

omghi2u
05-05-2010, 01:21 PM
guys we had better be careful with posting threads like these, we're on the verge of running out of internets. post sparingly for any post could be your last!!

it was a useful thread about a bug that hadn't been mentioned, qq more about a thread you didn't have to click on

MrChris
05-05-2010, 01:33 PM
its fine, it only gives you the out of bounds once you get off the UAV and if you just sprint up the road to the left you make it just in time :D

vorhees77
05-05-2010, 01:38 PM
This is the best thread ever.

Also, it's not a bug.

DrunkPunk
05-05-2010, 01:55 PM
It's ok man, dont get mad, we're all friends here. Im sure DICE is reading this right now and getting ready to notify EA and its investors of media backlash this will produce. I encourage all of you with stock in EA to sell ASAP.

lol telling him to not get mad is like telling birds not to fly. he nerd rages like an 8 year old that can't have his candy.

omghi2u
05-05-2010, 02:13 PM

which maps kill the uav driver once he leaves if the team has moved ahead? just this one?

how about ANY other map with multiple uav's as you move ahead, do they allow you to have multiple uav's up? didn't think so

i'm sorry you posted before thinking about what you had written, clearly i shouldn't have pointed out the error but you don't have be insulting just because you were wrong :/

DrunkPunk
05-05-2010, 02:17 PM
which maps kill the uav driver once he leaves if the team has moved ahead? just this one?

how about ANY other map with multiple uav's as you move ahead, do they allow you to have multiple uav's up? didn't think so

i'm sorry you posted before thinking about what you had written, clearly i shouldn't have pointed out the error but you don't have be insulting just because you were wrong :/

actually, if you had thought enough to read before you posted, you would have seen me mention that it doesn't kill you until you dismount from the UAV terminal. i know this, because i was just controlling that very same UAV earlier today, as well as last night.

and all you do is post in insulting tones, in every thread i see you in. take a lesson from yerself.

edit: ON SNAP, 2500 posts

omghi2u
05-05-2010, 02:24 PM
"which maps kill the uav driver once he leaves if the team has moved ahead? just this one?"

what was the point of trying to make that distinction anyways it has nothing to do with multiple uav's which as i've said doesn't happen on any map whether the person gets killed or not

Moragami
05-05-2010, 02:37 PM
it was a useful thread about a bug that hadn't been mentioned, qq more about a thread you didn't have to click on
It appears you're the only one who thinks this thread is useful.

It's not a bug. It is a design issue that very few people seem to think is a poor one. You dislike this feature, move on already.

P.S. I like to punish good UAV users too, usually with a repair tool to the head. Nothing lamer than a UAV camper. Try taking a base sometime instead of protecting your precious k/d ratio.

kheavy
05-05-2010, 02:52 PM
Well just hit E noob after they take the base

omghi2u
05-05-2010, 02:53 PM
lol uav with vehicle motion sensor is badass
i don't really care that much about the issue, never said i did. i just don't see the point in ♥♥♥♥ting on the thread when it's an issue non the less.

ChillyWI
05-05-2010, 03:04 PM

Nowhere in the game can a person run more than one at a time. It's not a map design thing, it's that the game won't spawn the next one until the previous one is gone. Same way that tanks work.

Nothing lamer than a UAV camper. Try taking a base sometime instead of protecting your precious k/d ratio.

UAV use isn't just about having a good KDR. Sometimes people do helpful things, like destroying enemy tanks, opening up the sides of buildings, roadkilling snipers, spotting enemies, destroying fixed guns, creating a distraction, etc. But you just go ahead and keep thinking that your method of play is the only way that people can be helpful.

Hundbert
05-05-2010, 03:37 PM
Can someone explain politely how this is not a bug. I'm interested in knowing. No flaming please.

Beezy
05-05-2010, 03:39 PM
Since when does the grey area progress?

hgdyth
05-05-2010, 03:53 PM

There is always at most one UAV up at the same time. Other maps which don't have this "gray out" feature don't produce other UAVs. You're confused about the game mechanics or I don't get what you're saying.

I am aware that death is avoidable, but only if you sprint right away. It caught me off guard twice which is annoying. My point is to spread awareness/discuss whether it is intended or not. If it is intended, why this map only?

hgdyth
05-05-2010, 03:56 PM
UAV shouldn't be a small and deadly chopper...

Armed mini chopper is fair enough, but rockets?

WTF!

The BC2 uav is based off of actual RC heli technology that does have a machine gun. I forgot the wiki link to it or the name of it. Btw the chopper doesn't fire a helfire missile. Missiles are heavy. It merely laser guides it. That's why you hear a jet flyby every time you fire a helfire....

hgdyth
05-05-2010, 04:03 PM
It appears you're the only one who thinks this thread is useful.

It's not a bug. It is a design issue that very few people seem to think is a poor one. You dislike this feature, move on already.

P.S. I like to punish good UAV users too, usually with a repair tool to the head. Nothing lamer than a UAV camper. Try taking a base sometime instead of protecting your precious k/d ratio.

Taking over bases:
http://i.imgur.com/i5HOx.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ppLqV.jpg
UAV whoring:
http://i.imgur.com/Gi1QL.jpg

I do well in both worlds. Luckily for me you won't be able to wrench me because you'll commit suicide by running into the deadzone.

Moragami
05-05-2010, 04:20 PM
Nice screenshots, hgdyth, but they don't really tell the whole story, do they? If you are really interested in proving me wrong (I was really directing my challenge at Omghi2u, who was trolling pretty hard) , how about some stats? That would show how much base capturing vs whoring you really do. Not that anybody cares, but it would be interesting to see.

hgdyth
05-05-2010, 04:27 PM
Sure why not http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/stats/pc/1b2a

Beezy
05-05-2010, 04:34 PM
Sure why not http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/stats/pc/1b2a

GUSTAV. Move along.

Moragami
05-05-2010, 05:03 PM
Well everybody has their own play style, and his stats are very indicative of his play style. I think the UAV is fun for a minute or two, but I prefer slugging it out in the trenches. To each their own though.

Nik00117
05-05-2010, 06:16 PM
Just sold all my EA stock cause of this!

omghi2u
05-05-2010, 06:25 PM
Can someone explain politely how this is not a bug. I'm interested in knowing. No flaming please.

It's not possible because there's no way that's working as intended especially when no other maps do it.

Apparently this thread is clogging up precious forum space and should be ridiculed when there have been many people posting saying "wow that happens?"

I'm pretty sure a forum is where information is shared amongst people. Somehow I'm trolling though lol

hgdyth
05-05-2010, 07:10 PM
GUSTAV. Move along.

Sorry does Gustav imply something? Why not use something that works. It would be stupid not to use something that's at your disposal and is being used by someone else. Plus it's only 2k or so of my dozen thousands of kills so who cares?