PDA

View Full Version : No 3D Vision Support

dNide
05-05-2010, 11:54 AM
Just a warning to those of you who plan on purchasing this game and want to experience it with 3D glasses.

This game does not support and the developers have stated that they will not support 3D Vision for this game.

It's a shame since this is one of those games that would be perfect for the technology.

FM_Jarnis
05-05-2010, 11:57 AM
This is true. We have never claimed 3D Vision support anywhere.

Isodus
05-05-2010, 12:30 PM
If you read this thread

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1210052

You can see that there is a way to make it work, though it isn't as good as if the game was fully supported.

dNide
05-05-2010, 07:44 PM
If you read this thread

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1210052

You can see that there is a way to make it work, though it isn't as good as if the game was fully supported.

Thanks for the link. Actually the game work very well with the 3D glasses, for the most part. It's just the weapon model that needs a little tweaking to give this game virtually full 3D support. It's a shame that the devs didn't go the extra mile to give it full support, this is really one of the best game in terms of atmosphere and that is what 3D goggles add to any game. It's wasted on fast paced games like BFBC2.

I understand that this game never claimed 3d vision support, but it really shows how other developers take pride in their work when they sometimes pay attention to the little details to give their community that much more. Then again, I suppose that it's harder to work with a 3D engine like no other. I don't get why developers think they need to reinvent the wheel when it comes to 3D engines.

Isodus
05-05-2010, 08:37 PM
This is also FM's first game, so I'm willing to bet they weren't planning on doing something extra like that since they couldn't be sure if they would get their money back from all the time it would take to do this.

If the game becomes much more popular like most of the mainstream games (TF2, CS:S, Battlefield, CoD, you know which games I mean ;)) then chances are they would be more willing to do something extra like that for the game. The other thing is, only a small percent of people really use that kind of thing on a game, so it really isnt a selling point for the majority of players out there (at least right now, who knows what the future holds for gaming)

Of course this game has the potential and from what I can see will become very popular, it will just take time since FM doesnt really have a fanbase that would get the game just because they have their name on it like other big companies have.

Keyelite
05-05-2010, 09:48 PM
This is true. We have never claimed 3D Vision support anywhere.

You should try it out with some cheap red/cyan glasses if you can- it's quite awesome! Everything works fine for shattered horizon except for the weapon model. Who knows, maybe seeing space in 3D will inspire you!

aelp
05-05-2010, 10:07 PM
I really hope FM get another game of the ground a nice fully DX11 3d game.

oh maybe they could resurrect x-wing-vs-tie-fighter

http://i.testfreaks.com/images/products/600x400/171/x-wing-vs-tie-fighter.350635.jpg

Daniel Joy
05-06-2010, 10:35 PM
yes 3d please!

i stopped playing this game because playing metro 2033 in 3d has tainted me for life, 2d just looks lame now.....

dNide
05-08-2010, 10:20 PM
I really hope FM get another game of the ground a nice fully DX11 3d game.

oh maybe they could resurrect x-wing-vs-tie-fighter

http://i.testfreaks.com/images/products/600x400/171/x-wing-vs-tie-fighter.350635.jpg

Whoa! I digress from the post, but another X-Wing vs Tie Fighter is long over due. I just don't trust FM as the developers for it, maybe someone else a little more familiar with game dev and a bit more creative.

I hope someone gets a chance to hack together a model patch (or something) that can fix this issue. For those of you who have nvidia cards and can afford the $5 cyan/red glasses on ebay, I would highly recommend it, but if you already own the 3D Vision kit and want a game that really shows it off than I would go with Left 4 Dead 2 over this. It's what I've been letting ppl on my steam friends list who ask about 3D vision and this game know.

vijil
05-08-2010, 11:52 PM
"and a bit more creative"

uh... to make a star wars game you need to be LESS creative because you need to stick with existing designs and worlds rather than making your own. FM is one of the most creative devs out there - their stuff isn't just more of the same generic trash.