PDA

View Full Version : Shattered Horizon is RUINED

Alexg
05-06-2010, 07:45 AM
In my opinion, the game is ruined. :(

I don't think that is fair changing so much a game that needs to be bought to be played. I liked it a lot when I saw it for the first time, but now it's too complicated.
The new grenades are unuseful (and you have to scroll too much to select the type you want), and the weapons make this game like any other war game. IMHO, this is not the right game to let you choose between more weapons, because worrying about moving well in the space was already a big challenge; then you basically have to fly or stay on ground, so there's no need of a bigger chance of weapons.

Finally, the new grenade launch system is too slow.

JJ509
05-06-2010, 08:13 AM
OMG there somebody out there that hates the new weapons also. I completely agree with you. The pistol is unusable the grenade pistol way so slow. I get killed mainly from trying to switch to either the grenade pistol or normal pistol. The skins of the guns are horrible. It feels like im playing counter strike in space. I have all my settings to med-high and all the guns look like complete crap.

And they took away the beloved ammo counter on the gun. I could understand them taking away the grenade counter for sake of the grenade pistol but why on earth would they just not put the ammo counter for each gun on the gun itself like the original AR.

Alexg
05-06-2010, 08:18 AM
It feels like im playing counter strike in space.

EXACTLY. The amazing and futuristic feeling of technology completely disappeared. The machine gun on the space is ridiculous.

And they took away the beloved ammo counter on the gun.

QUOTE.

PacMan84
05-06-2010, 08:53 AM
I think we should start a petition or something requesting an "old school" mode so that server admins can choose whether to use the new weapons or not.
-pac

hellob
05-06-2010, 08:57 AM
I think we should start a petition or something requesting an "old school" mode so that server admins can choose whether to use the new weapons or not.
-pac

A bunch of the arcos proposed an option similar to this on the private arco forums around the third build in. I think it would be a good idea, but whether or not people would play it that way is debatable.

PacMan84
05-06-2010, 09:02 AM
I think for a lot of people the old school style is one main reason for what's so appealing about this game. Straight forward simplicity is what sets this game aside, imho.
I would think a lot of players would agree on that.
-pac

Spencer_Ruler
05-06-2010, 09:58 AM
The new grenades are not useful?

The flare grenade is excellent at blinding snipers in open areas;
The decoy grenade is really useful at confusing your opponent about your position;
The pulse grenade is very useful to detect enemies in close quarters.

And I'm just talking about a few possibilities I discovered with my short experience with the new update.

Blindjonn
05-06-2010, 11:55 AM
New grenades are useful and all the new weapons are JUST as feasible as a pace-assault rifle with an underslung grenade launcher. Railgun is a customised weapon based off industrial transportation devices, SMG and Shotgun are MORE likely to be used in space than an assault rifle as they have less penetrative bullets which won't damage vital ships (that's why the Navy uses them) and every contemporary military squad needs machine gun level fire support as well as sidearms. It's all totally realistic.

visceral monkey
05-06-2010, 06:40 PM
Yeah, because creating yet *another* division in the already lower population would do wonders for this game. Giving server admins the "option" to run a "classic" server pretty much means that all the hard work and effort that went into firepower (and that a lot us even old players like) will go to total waste. New players will see the old guard playing on the basic servers and end up there, forming a bad opinion on the game.

Evolve the current weapons? Yes. Allow people to run the "classic" server? No, that's suicide for a game already low on numbers. People are pissed because they find themselves no longer masters of a game they once had locked down, well, tough luck. Deal with it and get better, classic mode isn't coming back.

Incidentally, this is no better than the stupid "Acros" thing which does the same thing, splitting a number of people off from the community and screwing the game even more.

Protocultor
05-06-2010, 06:50 PM
If you think SH got complicated, try an Armed Assault.
Weapons is what this game needed. They don't look perfect, but they work great, and their look can be improved later ;)

AeneasXI
05-06-2010, 07:35 PM
If you think SH got complicated, try an Armed Assault.
Weapons is what this game needed. They don't look perfect, but they work great, and their look can be improved later ;)

I agree completely! As i first played the game I thought "nice concept nice look and good controls, but a variety of guns was just missing as this is the future and I am sure there will never be a time with 1 standard gun that everybody uses xD

The game vastly improved with the weaponspack. Replayablility has also increased and now you have the possibility to change your startup to vary your tactics.

honrguard
05-06-2010, 07:46 PM
Yeah, because creating yet *another* division in the already lower population would do wonders for this game. Giving server admins the "option" to run a "classic" server pretty much means that all the hard work and effort that went into firepower (and that a lot us even old players like) will go to total waste. New players will see the old guard playing on the basic servers and end up there, forming a bad opinion on the game.

Evolve the current weapons? Yes. Allow people to run the "classic" server? No, that's suicide for a game already low on numbers. People are jarateed because they find themselves no longer masters of a game they once had locked down, well, tough luck. Deal with it and get better, classic mode isn't coming back.

Incidentally, this is no better than the stupid "Acros" thing which does the same thing, splitting a number of people off from the community and screwing the game even more.The arconaut servers are only available 3 times a day and they're for testing content while it's still buggy and unbalanced. I can guarantee that it has no effect on the main game's population.

visceral monkey
05-06-2010, 08:39 PM
The arconaut servers are only available 3 times a day and they're for testing content while it's still buggy and unbalanced. I can guarantee that it has no effect on the main game's population.

Ah, thanks for correcting me then!

CynicalNinja
05-06-2010, 09:12 PM
Here we go again... (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuinedFOREVER)

JJ509
05-07-2010, 07:13 AM
I completely agree that the game is fubar now. But after playing a few rounds, I noticed the old spark I had when playing this game was slowly coming back. After reconfiguring my controls to fit my needs I started to get kills left and right. When I had to go to bed last night I still had a craving for this game. And woke up today still wanting to play the crap out of it.