PDA

View Full Version : Patch 1.02 is out

Whirlypoo
05-06-2010, 09:58 AM
First thing I checked this morning and there's a patch up on the ubisoft forums that doesn't apply to the retail Steam version. When is it that the patch will be applied for the Steam users?

Lord_Gannondorf
05-06-2010, 10:11 AM
Probably within the next few hours if Ubisoft has sent it to Valve.

JokeDindon
05-06-2010, 10:26 AM
First thing I checked this morning and there's a patch up on the ubisoft forums that doesn't apply to the retail Steam version. When is it that the patch will be applied for the Steam users?

Seems to be true this time... link right here: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7211014258/m/1201087958

Zodler
05-06-2010, 12:27 PM
When is the patch out for Steam? For the moment I cant even play this game.

Wriggly
05-06-2010, 12:38 PM
Nice patch (I got the non-steam version), it improved my fps on my HD4870. :)

kaiserino
05-06-2010, 01:09 PM

was the 30 fps cap removed from the coop ?
please tell me

Wriggly
05-06-2010, 01:14 PM
Haven't played co-op since (trying to find games... :( ).

Krymzon
05-06-2010, 02:25 PM

Lucky. I heard a lot of people got even more problems out of this patch. o.0

Wriggly
05-06-2010, 02:27 PM
Lucky. I heard a lot of people got even more problems out of this patch. o.0

The only weird thing I got was that my video settings got reset. :p
No other problems whatsoever.

Zurv
05-06-2010, 03:15 PM
- Added DLC support
- Fixed many disconnection and divergences issues in coop modes.
- Added Multi-GPU support for SLI/Crossfire (remaining issues on ATI side)
- Added ATI Eyefinity support (we are waiting on a validation by AMD for theEyefinity Ready official stamp)
- Some configuration specific divergences fixes, crashs et minor bugs
- Graphic glitches when running in low visual quality:
- Improve performances and some flickering issues.
- Low-end video card optimizations.
- Fixed Microsoft Wireless X360 controller not being detected properly with some drivers.
- Fixed interaction buttons overlapping in certain resolutions/aspect ratios.
- GTX400 Nvidia video card support (removed the error message)
- Various minor fixes.

PurpleHaz3
05-06-2010, 03:20 PM
Not really sure how it improved performance. Everywhere I've read has been saying it lowers the framerate, especially with ATI cards.

I lost about 2-3 fps on my Radeon 4870.

roB:de
05-06-2010, 03:25 PM
But mainly to the patch i have to say:
Pretty fast first Patch by Ubisoft... Normaly they dont release a patch so quickly... I hope they dont stop any support/work on SCC

i will write a review later, when im tested the patch a lil bit longer

kaiserino
05-06-2010, 03:26 PM
patch is out on steam

to me it looks like it did nothing, my performane is ruined, i could run deniable ops with 60 fps 80% of the time, and lowest on 45ish, now it lags alot, i get 20ish fps all the time.

still cant unequip scopes and stuff, whats the point of moding guns if u cant mod them....

PLUS coop fps is still CAPED at 30.....

NICE WORK UBISOFT!

this must be the worst patch ever, it did nothing good...

PurpleHaz3
05-06-2010, 03:29 PM
Definitely a pretty terrible patch, only seems good for people running dual gpus.

This is the first time I've ever had a patch actually reduce the performance, instead of improve it.

BC2 Cypher
05-06-2010, 04:06 PM
Added multi GPU support my @SS!

Same fps as before and still choppy ON MY RADEON 5970.

♥♥♥♥ UBISOFT ♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥!

BC2 Cypher
05-06-2010, 04:07 PM
Definitely a pretty terrible patch, only seems good for people running dual gpus.

Not even man.

kaiserino
05-06-2010, 04:30 PM
srsly, whats up with this ?
i mean, im pretty sure someone from ubisoft reads the forums, there r ppl all over the place saying whats wront, fps cap, poor performance, coop connection issues, no dual gpu, cant unequip scopes and stuff, no voice chat... list is long...

and they release a patch that does nothing ?

BC2 Cypher
05-06-2010, 04:39 PM
srsly, whats up with this ?
i mean, im pretty sure someone from ubisoft reads the forums, there r ppl all over the place saying whats wront, fps cap, poor performance, coop connection issues, no dual gpu, cant unequip scopes and stuff.

and they release a patch that does nothing ?

I think they want people to hate them I can't see any other explanation than that.

Hate them and stop buying anything from them and what not...

BC2 Cypher
05-06-2010, 04:42 PM
This patch was like the puke icing on the ♥♥♥♥ cake.

kaiserino
05-06-2010, 04:44 PM
and they even charge us 60 bucks for it, there must be somekind of plan to destroy ubisoft from the inside and create another company or something... no way they r stupid enough to do what they are doing...

05-06-2010, 04:48 PM
And the whinin' begins again..

I think Ubi knows already that the patch was a big fail - so im pretty sure, a re-patch will follow in the next 24-30 hours...

If you just wanna flame about "the-whole-crap-world-and-every-evil-company-which-does-nothing-for-the-ppl-who-buy-the-products" than go away from the steam-board and create your own one with a (example) title: "Welcome to my lil flame-and-whine board"

oh my... i cant read any more of this ppl who JUST cryin' about "all this crap on steam". But curiously you are still activ here and 24/7 online on steam... congrats: you whinin' kidos represent the epic-failed part of our society

unbelieveable... really!

(sry for my bad english - im german)

kaiserino
05-06-2010, 04:53 PM
its not whining, its the basic stuff they should do and they dont, they are selling a broken product, lteraly, and so far they did nothing to fix it, and they didnt even tell us they are going to fix it, i bought the game with the money i earned cus i trusted them, and they f... me up, i can only play half the game, wich is the SP.

the epic failed part of our society is the part that gets screwed over and does nothing about it

TheGear
05-06-2010, 05:00 PM

I think Ubi knows already that the patch was a big fail - so im pretty sure, a re-patch will follow in the next 24-30 hours...

If you just wanna flame about "the-whole-crap-world-and-every-evil-company-which-does-nothing-for-the-ppl-who-buy-the-products" than go away from the steam-board and create your own one with a (example) title: "Welcome to my lil flame-and-whine board"

oh my... i cant read any more of this ppl who JUST cryin' about "all this crap on steam". But curiously you are still activ here and 24/7 online on steam... congrats: you whinin' kidos represent the epic-failed part of our society

unbelieveable... really!

Very much agreed, this can't be said enough.
+repped.

Leagallow
05-06-2010, 05:02 PM

unbelieveable... really!

You are my hero

BC2 Cypher
05-06-2010, 05:09 PM
How is it whining? It's been almost 2 weeks and they still haven't fixed what should have been implemented in the game in the first place.

This was one of the few games that I really looked forward to and I am very disappointed.

A game shouldn't be released with problems that effect performance to such an extent. And if it is, it should be rectified immediately.Which it hasn't been in this case.

It's bad enough that I have to be connected to the internet to play MY game.

SargeTH
05-06-2010, 05:26 PM
Well you didn't have to buy it on Steam ya know...

Kyawn
05-06-2010, 05:32 PM
Well you didn't have to buy it on Steam ya know...

It doesn't matter if he bought it on Steam or from retail, SCC requires you to have a constant internet connection because Ubisoft is using DRM on this game basically meaning if you lose internet even for a few seconds your game stops and if it can't reconnect it will just close your game.

fin4lshare
05-06-2010, 05:44 PM
well for me the game is much more fluid :D at least de single player and deniable ops.

havent tryied co-op. lets see =)

kurashu
05-06-2010, 05:48 PM
bumped resolution to 1920x1080 and all settings maxed (including AA) I'm getting around 30 in the menu. While playing its about 10-15 higher.

thekrow
05-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Don't listen to the people who can't deal with those of us who need to vent about our disappointment in the poor pc port job that ubisoft has done. Sure companies make mistakes and sure people get upset about it it's a fact of life especially if u receive a product u paid almost 100 dollars for and it doesnt work. And im sure ubisoft is aware of the situation and can only do so much to fix it... but yea i say whine away cuz thats all we have considering our failed products... and for those lucky ones that dont have any problems.. how bout helping those who cant play by adding some real advice other than beefing on paying customers who are dissatisfied with a broken product and have a right to complain about it.

anyway enough said im gonna go eat dinner with my family and keep checkin back to see if someone who gives a dam has some helpful advice. :p

delushin
05-06-2010, 06:05 PM
still getting message

"Splinter Cell Conviction servers are unavailble, please try again later"

Hawk777th
05-06-2010, 06:06 PM
Hope it add sli support, Im sorry ATI guys but some of it may be your drivers. Hope to see if it helps sli I avg about 40fps with everything turned up so maybe Ill see the magic 60fps number now.

Whatever the case still seems ubi has a mess on there hands!

SKiLLY2
05-06-2010, 06:34 PM

unbelieveable... really!

I think everyone here has the right to "whine"

They spent $60/$65 on this product and the majority have had nothing but problems... They are not getting what they paid for. So many users are having connection issues because of Ubisoft's stupid DRM that's been cracked and is doing absolutely nothing but inconvenience the legitimate customers. Ubisoft treat the PC crowd like complete ♥♥♥♥. I think everyone, even the people who haven't bought the game, deserve to speak their mind about Ubisoft.

Ubisoft needs to get their act together and port games over properly.

I'm glad I didn't buy this game.

Ramzy
05-06-2010, 06:53 PM
Perhaps it's just a DRM update disguised with performance increases in the patch notes in order to coax people into updating.

:o?

Menace
05-06-2010, 07:04 PM
Well i havent seen any problems with the sp/deniable ops so far after patching, wasnt really having dramas with that part of the game anyway. Too early for Coop it seems, no1 on atm so will have to test the connectivity later.

Has it had any effect on the coop side, as in finding a match and fixed the constant dissconnects?

Menace
05-06-2010, 07:20 PM
And for those not having problems with the game, coop and all, respect the views of others...the paying customers anyway. When they advertise a product, it should be released as advertised and not inclued THIS many bugs, its just not profesional and it will cause paying customers to complain with all the rights to do so.

The problem is Ubisoft is now becoming famouse for releasing titles in this sloppy manner without any word of support to the community and the fact they have added DRM to the pot its caused even more dramas. Assassins creed 2 had the community feeling the same way upon release, riddled with issues AND also the first AC, and it didnt even have DRM.

I beleive they have outsourced themselves and now the company is full of mexicans chilling in their sumbrero's...

kaiserino
05-06-2010, 07:48 PM
one thing is for sure, everyone is playing coop with 30 fps cap, and that is not playable....

thekrow
05-06-2010, 07:53 PM
before the patch i was only able to play between 10 secs and 5 mins before the game froze up on me... now after the patch, i can play even less... lol shoulda bought it for 360!

kaiserino
05-06-2010, 08:04 PM
before the patch i was only able to play between 10 secs and 5 mins before the game froze up on me... now after the patch, i can play even less... lol shoulda bought it for 360!

do u have an ATI?

if u do,
that problem was fixed the same day the game was released, by ATI, ubisoft should learn something from them... at least ATI fix their problems really fast.

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/ATI-Catalyst-10-4-a-Hotfix.aspx

i think the 10.4 works too.

chaos_06
05-06-2010, 08:31 PM
Seems to have increased performance in some areas and decreased it in others. So all in all, no big difference.

twistedsciences
05-06-2010, 09:31 PM
For some reason 16:9 resolutions are no longer available?! I have a 16:9 monitor and wonder how I am supposed to enjoy it without a 16:9 option!

In sum: Resolution selection is ♥♥♥♥ing broken.

fin4lshare
05-06-2010, 09:50 PM
still getting message

"Splinter Cell Conviction servers are unavailble, please try again later"

go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts open with notepad and clear the ips that might be there

then unninstall and install ubisoft game launcher (X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\tom clancy's splinter cell conviction\redist\UbisoftGameLauncherInstaller.exe )

that did it for me

Lord_Gannondorf
05-06-2010, 11:12 PM
Certainly feels like my FPS has increased. (9600GT)

kaiserino
05-06-2010, 11:30 PM
feelings r psychological, its all about fraps =P

after alot of testing, i found out that my max fps increased, from 60, to 80, but my min fps decreased, from 40ish to 30 something, and im getting more fps drops below 50 than i was before the patch.

hd4870 btw

thekrow
05-06-2010, 11:31 PM
do u have an ATI?

if u do,
that problem was fixed the same day the game was released, by ATI, ubisoft should learn something from them... at least ATI fix their problems really fast.

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/ATI-Catalyst-10-4-a-Hotfix.aspx

i think the 10.4 works too.

thanx for the advice but no i have a nvidia gtx 260 all drivers updated... hopin on a patch or fix to get it workin soon.

Lord_Gannondorf
05-06-2010, 11:47 PM
feelings r psychological, its all about fraps =P

after alot of testing, i found out that my max fps increased, from 60, to 80, but my min fps decreased, from 40ish to 30 something, and im getting more fps drops below 50 than i was before the patch.

hd4870 btw

Heh. Na, my FPS has CERTAINLY increased. Tested out a few spots in the SP where my FPS was really low and barely playable, and it's now fine. :)

Thanks Ubisoft. Just hope they release another patch to fix the issues that other people are having.

chaos_06
05-07-2010, 01:03 AM
Multiplayer seems to work better than before for me. But I still lose connection after about 10 minutes and the game still lags like a ♥♥♥♥♥.

KoukiFC3S
05-07-2010, 01:04 AM
Is this up on Steam?

EDIT: Getting worse frames with my SLI GTX470 compared to just one card.

One card: always 30+fps
SLI: Dips into the low 20s.

05-07-2010, 02:50 AM
How is it whining? It's been almost 2 weeks and they still haven't fixed what should have been implemented in the game in the first place.

This was one of the few games that I really looked forward to and I am very disappointed.

A game shouldn't be released with problems that effect performance to such an extent. And if it is, it should be rectified immediately.Which it hasn't been in this case.

It's bad enough that I have to be connected to the internet to play MY game.

First:
Everything basin' on the principle: reason & effect
The DRM is the effect of the reasons: piracy, ilegale downloading & cracking.

So, im not happy with the DRM too - OF COURSE! But i dont flame a company, which DEVELOPED a game. They just - yeah really: JUST - try to protect the own product. And this is more than understandable!
You flame the developers/publishers for the DRM?
Look into the mirror and laugh some minutes.. because its stupid and more than naive to blame UbiSoft for a thing, which gettin' started the by piracy.

secondly:
Of course a game shouldnt be released with all this bugs/erros/problems like (actually) SCC.
But mainly you should know: Developers are not Publishers.
Believe me: if developers could take so much time if they need for a game - SCC would be released next year AND completely bug-/problemless. But Publishers push the developers so much, that the devs. are working more and more under pressure.
Especialy UbiSoft: they are devs and publishers into one company. But the developer-part works still under pressure - just because the publishing-part of UbiSoft dont give them more time...
You see, again the principle: reason & effect

We got the same problems as Modern Warfare 2 was released.... But thats a much violent thematic.. Anyway. I just wanna tell you and all the ppl, which are not EXTREMLY RAGED or ONLY WHINING:
One Patch (especialy the first) cant fix everything. UbiSoft coded a bigger problem into the patch - and the reason is: more problems as before..

But its not a reason to flame them. I tell it already: Im sure a re-patch is on the way. You dont want to get again a failed-patch? Than give them some time... They are not google - they need some days longer..

Oh and one important point to the guy here, which compared ATI with UbiSoft (im sorry, i forgot your name):
Are you serious? Do you really compare UbiSoft against ATI?

You really - DA.MN REALLY - should know, that a game-fix is more, much more difficult than a performance-problem into a GFX-Driver..
So, your compare was more than senseless... absolutely!

To the rest: i hope you understand my thematic - im german, so sorry for my bad english...

Eskill
05-07-2010, 04:37 AM
Ubisoft better fix their games or they will lose money AND customers..
Why didn't they stick to the good ol' CD-KEY protection, it has worked twice as much as their supposed "pirate-stopping" drm.

Angry Kittens
05-08-2010, 09:24 AM
The patch increased my FPS, but they still haven't added damn mic support...

PurpleHaz3
05-09-2010, 12:22 PM
Heh. Na, my FPS has CERTAINLY increased. Tested out a few spots in the SP where my FPS was really low and barely playable, and it's now fine. :)

Thanks Ubisoft. Just hope they release another patch to fix the issues that other people are having.

Heh, nah.. my FPS deffinitely took a hit. I dropped at least 2-3 fps on every big open scene, it'll actually drop into the low 20's. Definitely an ATI driver problem, as both my Radeon 4850 and 4870 both dropped in framerate.

I'm not quite sure how someone was able to average at 50 fps on a 4870, what resolution are you running at.. 1280x1024? I certainlly don't see those kinda frames on my 4870 at 1920x1080.

Helicity Boson
05-09-2010, 01:18 PM
I don't notice any FPS change, or any other change for that matter. Usually unreal engine games run just fine on my computer, I only get 25 to 30 fps on this one though.

SKiLLY2
05-10-2010, 12:25 AM
Heh, nah.. my FPS deffinitely took a hit. I dropped at least 2-3 fps on every big open scene, it'll actually drop into the low 20's. Definitely an ATI driver problem, as both my Radeon 4850 and 4870 both dropped in framerate.

I'm not quite sure how someone was able to average at 50 fps on a 4870, what resolution are you running at.. 1280x1024? I certainlly don't see those kinda frames on my 4870 at 1920x1080.

It's because the game is badly ported and unoptimized. You could have the best system in the world and it could still run like crap whereas someone with a mediocre system could get better performance.

Seeing as Ubisoft left Double Agent to be horribly unoptimized, you could probably expect the same for this game.