PDA

View Full Version : steam mac version

LocoRocker
05-06-2010, 11:31 AM
any speculation or facts on the civ games available in the steam mac client upon it's launch?

tokeio
05-06-2010, 04:48 PM
I wouldn't count on it. Aspyr, the owner of the Civ IV Mac publishing rights, have their own online distribution platform for Civ IV. Knowing that they usually don't actually cater to what Mac fans want, don't hold your breath on seeing Civ IV Mac on Steam.

On the flip side, Aspyr does have some titles on the PC in Steam that exist on their "GameAgent" platform.

Who knows really, Aspyr lacks communicating with their user base... oh wait, they just started a "Nonblog" (http://blog.gameagent.com/).

/jaded Mac user

toejam
05-06-2010, 06:24 PM
I wouldn't count on it. Aspyr, the owner of the Civ IV Mac publishing rights, have their own online distribution platform for Civ IV. Knowing that they usually don't actually cater to what Mac fans want, don't hold your breath on seeing Civ IV Mac on Steam.

On the flip side, Aspyr does have some titles on the PC in Steam that exist on their "GameAgent" platform.

Who knows really, Aspyr lacks communicating with their user base... oh wait, they just started a "Nonblog" (http://blog.gameagent.com/).

/jaded Mac user

I feel for Mac gamers - Aspyr being the biggest publisher (outside of Epic and iD) who caters to your platform must be one hell of a kick to the genitals - I've never heard of an Aspyr game functioning correctly on Windows on release - so many random issues that aren't easily replicated.

LocoRocker
05-07-2010, 09:02 AM
well that sucks...

tokeio
05-07-2010, 10:50 AM
I feel for Mac gamers - Aspyr being the biggest publisher (outside of Epic and iD) who caters to your platform must be one hell of a kick to the genitals - I've never heard of an Aspyr game functioning correctly on Windows on release - so many random issues that aren't easily replicated.
Thankfully there is Feral which actually does some decent ports and has better support. Aspyr hasn't really recovered since the Intel transition killed a lot of their porting business.

FuzzyPuffin
05-07-2010, 04:04 PM
Someone at MacRumors has posted that Civilization IV showed up as a Mac game in the Steam beta, so it looks like it will indeed have Steam Play on the 12th!