PDA

View Full Version : How to enhance the player experience with this flawed Gem of a Game

maul_inc
05-06-2010, 02:07 PM
About bugs in this game: i haven't encountered a lot and I have completed the game a couple of times. But Imho it's critical that the player uses the unofficial patch/launcher by Sucklead and edit a couple of settings, the walk speed and maybe the sneak speed has to be increased 15% so that it matches the speed in the X-box version, that will make the experience a lot less frustrating :)
Another couple of settings that I prefer to tweak is the damage pr. bullet for the TommyGun, it deals out way too little damage compared to the 9mm pistol with a magazine, NOT the revolver mind you :)

And finally I like to make the Extended ending sequence be shown always as it is next to impossible to get it by normal means, and the extended sequence is the Real one since it gives a satisfactory explanation and doesn't leave the player wondering Wtf happened :)

Link to Sucklead's patch: http://www.sendspace.com/file/90eeyc

Install info: Just unzip the file to your Dark Corners installation folder and run it, then use it to patch Dcote.exe and make the needed changes in the patch menu.

ia_mc
05-16-2010, 08:19 PM
Doesn't work on the steam .exe

maul_inc
05-17-2010, 01:41 AM
Doesn't work on the steam .exe

Your right, but it will work with the .exe file from the disc version and you can apply that to your steam version and that will work.

I wouldn't mind sharing that file if it was legal, but it isn't legal so I won't, sorry.

evaunit1c
05-17-2010, 10:42 AM
Damn was hoping this would work for the Steam version. :(

Numnums
05-19-2010, 04:33 PM
I have the disc version, thanks!

92Hotel
05-22-2010, 07:04 PM
I think they should just publish a gamesave for the part right after the glitch so you can just go from there once you get stuck.