PDA

View Full Version : Steampunk, tanks and airships? SOLD!

WaZzUp115
05-07-2010, 09:51 AM
So this game has both tanks and airships, that is awesome!
And I love steampunk, you got yourself a customer! :D

Ome_Vince
05-08-2010, 05:04 AM
Tnx!!! yeah we love airshipe, massive walkers, and epic-sized stuff.
Be sure to check out the boss-walker in the last level ,that thing is massive!!
Let me know what you think :D

WaZzUp115
05-08-2010, 08:39 AM
I think I've seen it and it's awesome :D

Any chance we'll see maps taking place on board an airship, or perhaps around a crashed one?
I've also noticed planes in the concept art, seeing those swoosh above your head in-game would be truly awesome, even if they were just scripted :P

This game is just a large feast for the eyes when it comes to the theme and art! It might not be technologically next-gen, but the steampunk and loveley handdrawn art more than makes up for it!

I've always appreciated hand-drawn user interfaces and games that use a lot of traditional 2D art, it heightens the mood and looks awesome!

Oh, and fans of steampunk should definitely watch the anime series Last Exile or Valkyria Chronicles, this game is like a mix of the two, only darker!

Timothy_Benson
05-08-2010, 09:19 AM
Any chance we'll see maps taking place on board an airship,

I would also love to see some maps based around this, and/or in future if there will be a versus mode of human vs human, maybe the airships could be a starting spawn zone for the attacking team to parachute down from onto the battlefield.

Just one small element such as that would bring alot of replayability for me atleast :P

Ome_Vince
05-08-2010, 04:35 PM
@Wazzup; we'd love to add more of that, and will definitely get to adding more stuff in the future when we get the chance. It's hard as a small indie-company to move very fast, but we try :)

@Timothy; we contemplated PvP as it does increase competitiveness, but eventually aimed to do coop as best as possible as we love comp-stomp the most as everybody ends up happy (rather than just the victorious team ;) ).

Crocodillius
05-08-2010, 09:47 PM
I agree that while some people would like pvp that focusing on coop would be the better choice. Perhaps in the future a pvp option would be feasible but personally I love coop games like this.

Amander
05-12-2010, 05:56 AM
I agree with the coop part. In fact, I enjoy coop games much more than versus games.

Wighar
05-13-2010, 02:55 PM
boss walker in the last map ... I must have missed it, hope it is different from those walkers one meets in the pre-boss maps, are there any more maps to come to the game cause it seems a bit short..

JohnBart
05-13-2010, 03:01 PM
They're working on more, as far as I know... :)