PDA

View Full Version : Civ 3 / 4 not available in my region? The U.K.???

ManxieForum
05-07-2010, 11:27 PM
Has anyone else in the UK found that all the Civ games (apart from Civ V) have disappeared from steam? From the store, I mean. They aren't there, and when I follow a link from someone in the UK who can see them, I get the following message:

'Sorry!

An error was encountered while processing your request:

This item is currently unavailable in your region'

This has been going on for the last few days (I have been trying to buy them in the sale) and no matter what link I use, I either get sent to the steam homepage (store) or to the error page above.

They WERE previously visible a few weeks (possibly couple of months) ago so I have no idea why they aren't now. Perhaps the steam update changed something. My 'region' is set to the UK in Download settings, as it has always been.

The only possible reason is that I live in the Isle of Man, which technically isn't part of the UK, and steam might be picking up on the non-UK IP address. However this doesn't explain why it just decided to stop working after seven years.

Any suggestions (move to the UK is not a valid suggestion).

ManxieForum
05-07-2010, 11:41 PM
By using the following:

http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=gb

This sets the webpage to the 'official' UK page; cleary it was getting confused. I can now see the Civ games.

minerva79
05-07-2010, 11:48 PM
*applause*

ManxieForum
05-08-2010, 01:25 AM
Delete this thread, the internets need the space.