PDA

View Full Version : WTS/WTB/WTT Suggestion

6shadow6child6
05-08-2010, 03:17 PM
Hey guys.

So, I was just thinking I would post a suggestion here about the search option in the game. The "Trade" part of that is so messed up and it would be awesome if they could maybe put in sub-channels like WTS, WTB and WTT. And if you choose WTT you can write in 2 boxes what you want to trade for someone elses items.
Man, this was kind of confuzing, but I hope you understand most of it :p

Basicly, make more options for the "search" option in the game =)

Mulky
05-08-2010, 09:42 PM
The best solution is to have an auction house like what the majority of MMOGS do. As they haven't got around to doing one by now, I'd be amazed if they ever did.

cwbys21
05-08-2010, 10:42 PM
an auction house if impossible in the original guild wars, they said years ago it won't happen because of some what the items are saved or something, I don't remember the exact reason they gave because they said it like 3 years ago or something. and yes, the trading system is messed up, but at least it is better than spamming each city, at least the trade system goes to all districts. and if you want the people at Arena Net to see your suggestions, I suggest going to an official guild wars fan site, not here

6shadow6child6
05-09-2010, 10:51 AM
I was thinking I could get some personal opinions first:)

As for the auction house, I thought about that too. But since they introduced the "Search" function instead, I thought there was a reason for not adding an AH.

Also, there are some auction house sites, but they are not very convenient:)

Zergling.
05-09-2010, 10:59 AM
The Auction House is going to be in Guild Wars 2.

ssj4brandon
05-09-2010, 12:36 PM
The Auction House is going to be in Guild Wars 2.

Source? I haven't heard from them that will put in a Auction House.

Gentle
05-09-2010, 04:22 PM
In game if you type "WTS blah blah blah-xxx gold" it will be sent to the "Trade Channel". People from any district in a multi district location will see your advertisement.

In game if you type "WTB blah blah blah-xxx gold" it will be sent to the "Trade Channel". People from any district in a multi district location will see your advertisement.

(You can also press "P" to see the Party Search menu, where you can advertise or see other's advertisements.)

Gentle

6shadow6child6
05-09-2010, 07:08 PM
In game if you type "WTS blah blah blah-xxx gold" it will be sent to the "Trade Channel". People from any district in a multi district location will see your advertisement.

In game if you type "WTB blah blah blah-xxx gold" it will be sent to the "Trade Channel". People from any district in a multi district location will see your advertisement.

(You can also press "P" to see the Party Search menu, where you can advertise or see other's advertisements.)

Gentle

I know this, but I think this "Party Search" function should have more options. And also, people use all kinds of fancy symbols to sell better. It's just irritating imo :/ Advancing the "Party Search" function in the game to be more convenient shouldn't be too hard. But oh well, guess this game will be forgoten when GW2 comes out anyways =)

spyrochaete
05-09-2010, 08:09 PM
Guild Wars isn't a gear-based game, so the omission of the auction house was an intentional way to reinforce this. Whatever it is you're looking for, just go to Guildwiki (http://guildwars.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page) and find out where and how to get it.

6shadow6child6
05-09-2010, 08:32 PM
Guild Wars isn't a gear-based game, so the omission of the auction house was an intentional way to reinforce this. Whatever it is you're looking for, just go to Guildwiki (http://guildwars.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page) and find out where and how to get it.

If you're gonna look at it like that, you might aswell not have gold in teh game at all. Everything is obtainable for everyone, so you're saying trading is useless?

Point of the thread is not that I want an Auction House, I just want some more options in "Search" and maybe alittle cleaner.

cwbys21
05-09-2010, 08:36 PM
If that is your wish, you should post it on www.guildwarsguru.com or something where the developers actually visit, and not here.

T@F
05-09-2010, 08:38 PM
an auction house if impossible in the original guild wars, they said years ago it won't happen because of some what the items are saved or something, I don't remember the exact reason they gave because they said it like 3 years ago or something. and yes, the trading system is messed up, but at least it is better than spamming each city, at least the trade system goes to all districts. and if you want the people at Arena Net to see your suggestions, I suggest going to an official guild wars fan site, not here

They won't do one as they would have to rewrite the code.
if i remember right.
So it would be almost imposable for them to implant,unless they re coded it all,something i guess no dev would want to do or tinker with at this late stage of the game.

Maybe in gw 2 they might do something like that.

cwbys21
05-09-2010, 09:07 PM
not just this late stage of the game, they said that like 3 years ago, when the game was still going strong.

T@F
05-10-2010, 01:56 AM
not just this late stage of the game, they said that like 3 years ago, when the game was still going strong.

They said it when nightfall just came out by then it was to late to code it all again.
I was there when gail said it in nightfall main town Kamadan.
Many ppl was cheesed off.

They always said thinking about it,but thats where we all got the true answer.
I did have screen shots of the chat she gave,but formatted since then :(

CannibalBob
05-10-2010, 04:10 AM
Yeah the trading system sucks, it always has. It is in the best state it's ever been in, though. I remember when you pandered players didn't have an automatic party search system. You had to sit and watch the text fly by and message people immediately if they're selling something cheap. It was frantic but such a pain if you wanted to sell something.

Now, all you have to do is type wts whatever, let it auto-list it and go do something else with GW in the background. If someone messages you, it'll make a sound.

The thing is, you gotta learn what items are worth something and what are worthless. Most stuff you want to vendor. Other stuff, like perfect item enhancements, you gotta weigh the "sale effort". Everyone's gonna want to buy a 20% sundering axe haft. Nobody's gonna want to buy a warding mod for staff, even if it's perfect.

spyrochaete
05-10-2010, 04:58 AM
If you're gonna look at it like that, you might aswell not have gold in teh game at all. Everything is obtainable for everyone, so you're saying trading is useless?

Pretty much, yes. With the current state of the game all the coolest stuff is pretty openly accessible to everyone, even if you play single player. The most worthless thing in the game is gold.

C4K3
05-16-2010, 05:05 AM
An auction house is pretty much out of the question. The expertise required to develop that technology is far more than the Live Team can handle. Even if we seriously beefed up the Live Team, we could not handle a project like an Auction House since it would require a huge amount of time from our very TOP programmers to develop and that just isn't something we can afford to do. I'm not sure what constitutes as a "Marketplace" but anything that would involve the automating of trade transactions would require "a huge amount of time from our very TOP programmers" and isn't likely to happen.

However according to the wiki they were working on a marketplace, which was later abandoned (Link (http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Xunlai_Market))