PDA

View Full Version : Speed King

Sockapal
05-10-2010, 09:52 AM
I recently beat the game (according to my journal) in 4 hours and 36 minutes, but did not get the Speed King Achievement, or even the slower one! Is it bugged? I killed Ordrak and nothing happened, even after the usual "teleporting" it did not appear. Is the journal a bad way to gauge? I blasted through it, but do not know what to do to unlock it :( Any help/assistance would be appreciated, thanks!

Sockapal
05-11-2010, 10:13 PM
Does anyone know the issue? Or, did I just do the achievement incorrectly?

mxh178
05-11-2010, 10:47 PM
Pretty sure Torchlight is just really bad at registering achievements correctly... there have been other examples of people not getting various achievements when they should. For example, I still haven't gotten Hat Trick even though I beat the game with all three classes.

Captain Novolin
05-12-2010, 01:31 AM
It's also bad at giving you things you shouldn't, since I got Bum Luck on my third try enchanting a sword that I'd been enchanting for ages.

Sockapal
05-12-2010, 08:14 AM
Ah, good to know....I guess. Haha, thanks! Well, I guess I shouldn't bother worrying over these "silly achievements" anyway, but my inner collector-ocd is telling me "Nay! I must worry!"

Vrynix
05-13-2010, 04:17 PM
In any case the journal is The timer that is used for gauging that achievement. Which is why some people have recommended checking when that timer stops running.
So yeah, probably just the problem as stated above.
But a second attempt can't hurt that much right? What's 4,5 hours on a human life after all.

MBarker
05-13-2010, 05:49 PM
Not sure what happened. I know someone who got "Speed King" so it works in some cases