PDA

View Full Version : Addons

Sassharkey
05-11-2010, 02:48 PM
Hello, I'm actually quite pleased with the fact that Valve is takign the time to put some life in this 5 year old game! Thank you Valve!

Now, I think I'm having some troubles installing the Beta, but I don't need that at this moment.
I just have a few simple questions, as a server owner/modder.

I code in the popular addon Eventscripts with Python. Addons like these and Mani admin will still work correctly, right?
Also, I heard that many of the c_vars that server owners use these days (for surfing/bhopping and the whatnot) are going to be removed. Will surfing and bunny hopping still be possible with the new update?

Thanks in advanced,
Spencer Sharkey

TheDaFox
05-11-2010, 02:51 PM
They will still work fine, they just have to be upgraded. (which will be quite the stretch for the Mani team)

SourceMod and ES shouldn't have a hard time getting stuff working though.

dBeta
05-11-2010, 02:53 PM
AFAIK it's the same engine as TF2 & DoD:S. So basically, if you can do it in TF2, you should be able to in this beta. (And I have played on a TF2 Surfing server.)

michael89
05-11-2010, 02:53 PM
I thought, that CSS was released on 2004.

Sassharkey
05-11-2010, 03:05 PM
Hmm, sounds good. That's a relief (: I can't wait to see the new features offered to server owners, and of course the stability and resource management. (Not to mention the new graphical effects)

A+ Valve!