PDA

View Full Version : On behalf of the entire competitive community

doggles
05-11-2010, 05:08 PM
Please ignore all the other idiots that came here to cry about the update regardless of the content. They do not represent the majority, they're simply the loud mouthed minority that you have met many times before in 1.6.

The ONLY legitimate problem worth complaining about is the accelerate and I will assume for now that it is a simple mistake (sv_accelerate 10 has been mistakenly set in a past update as well). The truth is that we'd be very lucky to receive updates at the frequency and quality that TF2 receives them.

Thank you for taking any time whatsoever to improve Source, and please do your best to ignore the steady stream of counter strike stereotypes that will be visiting here for the next weeks.

http://i43.tinypic.com/zlzwux.jpg

P.S oh and if you get the urge to fix some bugs while you are around, please PLEASE take a look at the interp bug which is documented in your own Source forums

enlive
05-11-2010, 05:09 PM
+1 to what OP said

trumpets
05-11-2010, 05:10 PM
+1 XD

coolyot
05-11-2010, 05:11 PM
What OP said

SKiLLY2
05-11-2010, 05:12 PM
But mayhem is a pro css player...

dsi1
05-11-2010, 05:13 PM
Intelligent comp gamer?

A sign of the apocalypse!

dirtybirdy
05-11-2010, 05:15 PM
*signs*

Tabarnaco
05-11-2010, 05:25 PM
PC games are superior to console ones.

Dark-Force
05-11-2010, 05:27 PM
Agree with OP

fructose
05-11-2010, 11:55 PM
I AGREE WITH THE OP

JesÁs
05-11-2010, 11:56 PM
Good post, see this thread for an example of another player with a good head on their shoulders.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1264469

Pathbinder
05-12-2010, 12:19 AM
Agreed with OP.

lemoog
05-12-2010, 12:52 AM
Please ignore all the other idiots that came here to cry about the update regardless of the content. They do not represent the majority, they're simply the loud mouthed minority that you have met many times before in 1.6.

The ONLY legitimate problem worth complaining about is the accelerate and I will assume for now that it is a simple mistake (sv_accelerate 10 has been mistakenly set in a past update as well). The truth is that we'd be very lucky to receive updates at the frequency and quality that TF2 receives them.

Thank you for taking any time whatsoever to improve Source, and please do your best to ignore the steady stream of counter strike stereotypes that will be visiting here for the next weeks.

P.S oh and if you get the urge to fix some bugs while you are around, please PLEASE take a look at the interp bug which is documented in your own Source forums

i didn't come here to cry but rather for information but I do find your post offensive, loud mouthed and unnecessary, the very behaviour you are accusing other people are exhibiting. Who are you to cry that your opinion is more important than anyone elses, I will read the posts and look at the pix and make up my own mind thank you very much. You are clearly not the sort of person I want to game with and hence have already given the beta a -ve point against,thats without reading anyone else opinion.

trenmost
05-12-2010, 12:53 AM
+rep 5stars

defragen1911
05-12-2010, 12:54 AM
PC games are superior to console ones.

quoted for truth

Echo
05-12-2010, 12:55 AM

It'd be helpful if someone can test the interp bug to see how it exists in the current engine; I've heard mix reports of the current state of it.

Vekter
05-12-2010, 01:05 AM
I logged in just to +rep and 5 star this thread.

Truth.

bomimo
05-12-2010, 01:14 AM
i didn't come here to cry but rather for information but I do find your post offensive, loud mouthed and unnecessary, the very behaviour you are accusing other people are exhibiting. Who are you to cry that your opinion is more important than anyone elses, I will read the posts and look at the pix and make up my own mind thank you very much. You are clearly not the sort of person I want to game with and hence have already given the beta a -ve point against,thats without reading anyone else opinion.

he's stating fact about your juvenile behavior as a community. the only community that's filled with bigger biggots is the DOTA community. Valve made a mistake catering to you arrogant monkeys. he made a positive gesture towards the rest of us to save your arrogant dramaqueen hide and you shoot him in the ♥♥♥ for it. have fun being disliked.

Kavinsky
05-12-2010, 01:15 AM
On behalf of the entire community he doesn't speak for me nor the IBIS gaming group of whom your going to screw up all of our servers (gungame zm and probably permanently WCS) royally with this new beta.

and doggles Zoey has some choice words for you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgY1U4PvRrI

Ghost Dog
05-12-2010, 01:42 AM
Kavinsky none of us really care.

Pretty sure they were going to figure out a way to make previous mods compatible long before a bunch of spoiled gamers cried about it in a BETA B-E-T-A.

JesÁs
05-12-2010, 01:44 AM
On behalf of the entire community he doesn't speak for me nor the IBIS gaming group of whom your going to screw up all of our servers (gungame zm and probably permanently WCS) royally with this new beta.

and doggles Zoey has some choice words for you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgY1U4PvRrI
It doesn't break GG5 because ES2.0 works with the OB engine nor does it break ZM. The only one I'm not sure about is WCS.

Snooc
05-12-2010, 01:54 AM
+rep!

It'd be helpful if someone can test the interp bug to see how it exists in the current engine; I've heard mix reports of the current state of it.

There's this group called "zBlock" who have helped the community ALOT thrugh plugins. One coder named "J3Di" could probably help you out alot with the interp question, as he knows alot about how it works!

http://zblock.mgamez.eu/news.htm

Nalle
05-12-2010, 02:06 AM
+rep

OP is wise.

Kavinsky
05-12-2010, 02:11 AM
with these mods made by valve for the beta to it its going to be like every other online shooter and just as generic once they get done with it

CS:S's quirks were the only thing that made it timeless and by changing all that up they are going to kill it and the mods that spawned from it.

jonb
05-12-2010, 02:30 AM
with these mods made by valve for the beta to it its going to be like every other online shooter and just as generic once they get done with it

CS:S's quirks were the only thing that made it timeless and by changing all that up they are going to kill it and the mods that spawned from it.CS:S had no "quirks", it was just an unfinished remake of 1.6 that was left with countless unfixed bugs.

With this update hopefully most of them will be addressed and honestly this makes CS:S a different game entirely. If i want to play real CS i will load up 1.6 and if i want to play something light and entertaining i can now load up CS:S.

Quit complaining because Valve wants to bring the community back to life with some interesting ideas, why do you think it is a BETA?

What is out right now is not finished nor is it going to be the game standard, Valve has people scouring through these threads right now deciphering what people do and do not want and what they come up with as an end result will be applied.

lemoog
05-12-2010, 02:39 AM
he's stating fact about your juvenile behavior as a community. the only community that's filled with bigger biggots is the DOTA community. Valve made a mistake catering to you arrogant monkeys. he made a positive gesture towards the rest of us to save your arrogant dramaqueen hide and you shoot him in the ♥♥♥ for it. have fun being disliked.

I take it that English is not your first language? so I am guessing that you are in support of the OP, thatbeing the case would you be good enough to point out the "positive gesture" towards the "rest of us".
All I saw was someone who I belive thinks their trolling requires a separate thread. I agree it is nice that CSS is not being forgotten however I also believe that the reason it was released as a seperate beta was to gather public opinion on its new features and to tailor the final product to its audience, something I believe the OP is attempting to quash.

Free debate is what this forum is supposed to be about otherwise all these posts are valueless to valve or infact anyone else.
If Valve wanted the opinion of "Yes Men", they wouldn't have bothered asking for our's in the form of a beta release. They would have simply released the update in the unfounded belief that it would please everyone, which is never going to be the case.
So good or bad, for or against all of the posts with an opinion other than stating the obvious that ValVe have released a beta will I belive improve the final product so as to please the majority, not this "Community" you are referring to.
From what I have seen not all of the community are fanbois and some even have something of value to say, so I say let them even if I don't necessarilly agree with their sentiments.

P.S.
Where is the -ve rep for the OP?

OGkush&CO
05-12-2010, 02:56 AM
lol notice all the bottom feeders that cry out against a reasonable and rational thread in an sad attempt to salvage the meager remains of their dignity, the internet being the only place where they have any left.

h0lm
05-12-2010, 03:31 AM

Interp is fixed in the beta, however the server must run:
-tickrate 100
sv_maxupdaterate 100
sv_maxcmdrate 100

and client on:
cl_maxupdaterate 100
cl_cmdrate 100

cl_interp 0.01
cl_interp_ratio 0

Put on net_graph 1
The delay by interpolation is shown next to "lerp:"

By using the above commands interpolation is down to 10ms, instead of the faulty 100ms we have been living with since 2004.
Thanks very much =)

terrible
05-12-2010, 04:08 AM
I approve of this thread

Cell-Systems
05-12-2010, 04:13 AM
Interp is fixed in the beta, however the server must run:
-tickrate 100
sv_maxupdaterate 100
sv_maxcmdrate 100

and client on:
cl_maxupdaterate 100
cl_cmdrate 100

cl_interp 0.01
cl_interp_ratio 0

Put on net_graph 1
The delay by interpolation is shown next to "lerp:"

By using the above commands interpolation is down to 10ms, instead of the faulty 100ms we have been living with since 2004.
Thanks very much =)

Actually you wouldn't set the server this way. Should be

-tickrate 100
sv_maxupdaterate 101
sv_minupdaterate 100
sv_maxcmdrate 101
sv_mincmdrate 100

and client on:
cl_maxupdaterate 101
cl_cmdrate 101

cl_interp 1.0
cl_interp_ratio 1

Zukabazuka
05-12-2010, 04:16 AM
Say could one do a video exactly what those commands do? and what it changes. I'm sure they change something but the community seems to like different settings.

h0lm
05-12-2010, 05:12 AM
Actually you wouldn't set the server this way. Should be

-tickrate 100
sv_maxupdaterate 101
sv_minupdaterate 100
sv_maxcmdrate 101
sv_mincmdrate 100

and client on:
cl_maxupdaterate 101
cl_cmdrate 101

cl_interp 1.0
cl_interp_ratio 1

cl_interp 1.0 means a delay of 100ms, why would you want that lol

Cell-Systems
05-12-2010, 05:35 AM
cl_interp 1.0 means a delay of 100ms, why would you want that lol a max delay, not meaning it will use 100ms all the time.This is to compensate for half the world that's still on sucky WiFi connections that have more packet loss than normal I-net. Setting it to 1 will give better reg for people with a ping above 50 (50+ ping seems like the point @ where the source engine/CSS loses it's reg)

ActionDragon
05-12-2010, 05:41 AM
I think an interp problem was caused by the default CS:S value cl_interp_ratio 2. zBlock for example forces players' cl_interp_ratio values to 1.

madmakz2
05-12-2010, 06:00 AM
agreed +1 OP

btw: i have some sort of weapon model lag, the hitreg is fine, but if i move my mouse fast the weapon model minilags?!! anyone knows if this was mentioned already?

Atza^
05-12-2010, 06:12 AM
things to fix

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1264782
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1264789
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1263862

h0lm
05-12-2010, 07:01 AM
a max delay, not meaning it will use 100ms all the time.This is to compensate for half the world that's still on sucky WiFi connections that have more packet loss than normal I-net. Setting it to 1 will give better reg for people with a ping above 50 (50+ ping seems like the point @ where the source engine/CSS loses it's reg)

haha i keep forgetting these boards are hoarded with pub players

Raitatsu
05-12-2010, 07:08 AM
+rep to OP. Finally a non-rager.

EzDeek
05-14-2010, 07:06 AM
cl_interp 1.0 means a delay of 100ms, why would you want that lol

that actually is a delay of 1000ms 0.01 is 10ms 0.1 is 100ms

server variables are sv_client_min_interp /max_interp or something like that

rezOnance
05-14-2010, 07:22 AM
OP wins

arbynthechief
05-14-2010, 08:11 AM
Agreed OP.

Nemesis_vs_Leon
05-14-2010, 08:29 AM
The ONLY legitimate problem worth complaining about is the accelerate and I will assume for now that it is a simple mistake (sv_accelerate 10 has been mistakenly set in a past update as well).

but I like the high accelerate! So some people... they might be... complaining about your complaint.

Cell-Systems
05-14-2010, 08:33 AM
haha i keep forgetting these boards are hoarded with pub players

What do server settings have to do with PUB or WAR servers? You do know that 90% of the PUB servers run better rates/settings than most WAR servers...

take ESL for example those WAR cfg settings are completely useless and have rates/settings lower that Super Mario.

TNTmudro
05-14-2010, 08:49 AM
What do server settings have to do with PUB or WAR servers? You do know that 90% of the PUB servers run better rates/settings than most WAR servers...

take ESL for example those WAR cfg settings are completely useless and have rates/settings lower that Super Mario.

I beg you now to please stop talking, you do not have any clue what you are talking about.

AnAkIn
05-14-2010, 09:08 AM

The short explanation is that if you moved around corners you would see enemies before they saw you.

But that should be fixed with the port to the Orange Box engine already. I've tested this bug 3 years ago with TF2 release and compared with CSS, and the bug was not existing on TF2.
I've tested it again 2 years ago on the old DoD S (pre orange box) and the DoD S (orange box), and it was fixed with the new/orange box DoD S.

Cell-Systems
05-14-2010, 09:36 AM
I beg you now to please stop talking, you do not have any clue what you are talking about.

I beg you to at least, for 1 post try to set your little gray matter to work instead of just typing what ever comes first through that little peanut of yours.

Have you ever actually looked at the cfg files? Have you actually ever looked at the low rates accepted by the so called "BIG PRO" league? rather pathetic that Public 32+ servers are able to run smoother and with better rates (better rates = better hit reg and overall packet through put) lol.

Have you ever actually setup your own servers?

Have you ever actually tested them (server settings) for months and then made conclusions out of all the ♥♥♥♥ your trolling around the forums here

Grow up kid and again get outside more your troll-patrol here on the forums is getting quite annoying now. get some fresh air go play outside with "friends"

Zefar
05-14-2010, 10:12 AM

This forum is public and anyone with an opinion is allowed to post in it. I suggest you stop insulting people from now on or you'll get a ban.

Hobo Joe
05-14-2010, 10:50 AM
This forum is public and anyone with an opinion is allowed to post in it. I suggest you stop insulting people from now on or you'll get a ban.

He's right, Cell is saying that random pub servers have better configs than tourney servers, which is so wrong it's laughable.

And yes, cl_interp 1 is probably the dumbest thing you could put in your config, that's a full second of delay.

cl_interp should be adjusted based on the tickrate of the server, if the tickrate is 66, interp should be 0.03, and if the server is 100 tick, the interp should be 0.02.

More info here (http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Source_Multiplayer_Networking).

Niyabainen
05-14-2010, 10:56 AM
When I first saw this thread in the list I was like 'Pff yea like this guy knows what he's talking about' but then I realised you were a goon.