PDA

View Full Version : Nation Red Isn Working

splizer
05-12-2010, 10:08 AM
since ive got a new computer thats 64bit windows 7 if that helps everytime i launch nation red the screen goes black.

SnowBrigade
05-12-2010, 10:59 AM
Hello splizer,

I'm also using Win7 64 bit, that's not a problem.

Since you say it is a new PC, it sounds to me like either some driver isn't yet installed or the game is trying to initialize from your previous settings.

I'd really need some more info, for example are you using a new graphics card and did you install the drivers from NVidia or ATI? Did Steam reinstall DirectX when you first launched the game? Is your harddisk new or did you keep your old one and installed it into your new PC and upgraded to Windows7?

splizer
05-12-2010, 01:05 PM
ok my graphics card is NVIDIA GeForece GT 220 steam didnt install directX when i launched the game as far as i know and my harddisk is new.

SnowBrigade
05-13-2010, 08:34 AM
Hello splizer,

Normally if you have a missing .dll, an error message will pop up.

To make sure this isn't related to the videocard not supporting the startup mode, try starting the game in windowed mode instead of full screen.

To do that, right click on Nation Red in Steam's My Games/Library.
Then select: 'properties'. Then click on: 'Set Launch Options'. In the box, type the following line:

-w -res 640 480

This will start the game windowed and with a resolution of 640x480 which every graphics card should support. If this runs, you can set the resolution in the game menu to whatever you like. Remember to remove the line from the launch options otherwise it will keep running windowed.

splizer
05-14-2010, 01:09 PM
well i did what you said but the screen still goes black, thanks for at least trying and responding as fast as you did i appreciate it.