PDA

View Full Version : listen and fix please.

nikooo777
05-12-2010, 11:37 AM
hello! i am a normal member as everyone else but i hope that with my word and with the support of others someone at a highter place will listen to those words.

there are many many bhop servers and more maps made for this gameplay that will be trashed if you update css like that.

what i ask and what many hope is:

allow a server admin to re-enable this functionality that from bug became a very special skill.

what we would love to get back is a cvar that allows us to disable/enable bunny hop and also sv_airaccelerate that is very useful for Bhop servers and Surf servers.

really please listen to those words and get this special functionality back to those players that enjoy playing on those servers.
people support me!
have a good day!
Nikooo777

ThatWhiteGuy
05-12-2010, 11:39 AM
Welcome to the majority of the CSS community which are getting ♥♥♥♥ed in the ♥♥♥.

Take a ticket and join the back of the queue. :)

Rossco
05-12-2010, 11:43 AM
Welcome to the majority of the CSS community which are getting ♥♥♥♥ed in the ♥♥♥.

Take a ticket and join the back of the queue. :)

The majority of the CSS community is either happily playing CS:S or CSS Beta and enjoying it.

The majority of the elitist "competitive scene" are turning this new optional beta into an excuse to scream "CSS IS DEAD FOREVER IT'S BEEN RUINED CASUAL CASUAL" because they can't jump around like rabbits on speed anymore.

ThatWhiteGuy
05-12-2010, 11:46 AM
The majority of the CSS community is either happily playing CS:S or CSS Beta and enjoying it.

The majority of the elitist "competitive scene" are turning this new optional beta into an excuse to scream "CSS IS DEAD FOREVER IT'S BEEN RUINED CASUAL CASUAL" because they can't jump around like rabbits on speed anymore.

You must realise that the modding community which is an integral part of CSS life is being slapped in the face with this update. Especially those custom gamemode modders who spent alot of time working on their maps, plugins and cfgs.

Its clear there are alot of hard workers that once this update goes live, will be sorely pissed off.

Deshie
05-12-2010, 11:51 AM

I can tell you are a casual =]

ThatWhiteGuy
05-12-2010, 11:54 AM
Deshie, please dont start this casual vs elitest crap.

The community is already about to be torn in two :P

Rossco
05-12-2010, 11:58 AM
You must realise that the modding community which is an integral part of CSS life is being slapped in the face with this update. Especially those custom gamemode modders who spent alot of time working on their maps, plugins and cfgs.

Its clear there are alot of hard workers that once this update goes live, will be sorely jarateed off.

I do. Any mods worth playing such as "Surf", which isn't technically a mod, just an exploit in Source's gravity physics, will be fixed on the new engine. Servers on TF2 have managed to get Surf working without sv_airaccelerate.

Every CS:S mod will need to be updated for the new engine anyway. I love the modding community but there are times when you have to accept your mod wont run forever and you'll have to suck up and update it.

Same goes for popular maps too. Newer maps can make use of features of the new engine. Zombie maps with blood that isn't a static decal is something I'm looking forward to.

As for client cfgs, they can suck on my big toe. Most of them were used to gain an unfair advantage over people who didn't use them. I had fun on the first night of the beta, playing with people who were forced to play the game the way as it was intended. People testing new hacks and advantage configs are cropping up though, it's a shame. There are legitimate configs though, and any worth using can always be rewritten, the console commands have barely changed at all.

EDIT:I can tell you are a casual =]
I've played this game on and off for 3 years. It was the "pro" and "comp" players acting like they were unstoppable that made me quit most of the time. I'm not casual, but I don't pretend to know every Source jumping exploit either.

Potion
05-12-2010, 12:05 PM
Dear Valve!
The new beta will crash the game.
No Surf?
No Bhop?
WHYY?
People like it! as nikooo777 said make a cvar what allows us to disable and enable them.
And why do you fix that problem? Zblock 4.4 fixed
Valve crash the competitive gameplay... I hope that they will make it turnable...
CSS not = TF2
YOU ONLY HAVE TO STOP X22! NO CRASH THE GAME PLEASE!

ThatWhiteGuy
05-12-2010, 12:06 PM
The hard work over the years is being dropped for a quick last minute update to CSS in favor of the mac update which is coming very very soon. Its a bad idea to ruin so much hard work just to spread onto another platform which is less superior.

ThatWhiteGuy
05-12-2010, 12:06 PM
Dear Valve!
The new beta will crash the game.
No Surf?
No Bhop?
WHYY?
People like it! as nikooo777 said make a cvar what allows us to disable and enable them.
And why do you fix that problem? Zblock 4.4 fixed
Valve crash the competitive gameplay... I hope that they will make it turnable...
CSS not = TF2
YOU ONLY HAVE TO STOP X22! NO CRASH THE GAME PLEASE!

Not the topic dude. Really. Lurk moar.

Deshie
05-12-2010, 12:10 PM
I do. Any mods worth playing such as "Surf", which isn't technically a mod, just an exploit in Source's gravity physics, will be fixed on the new engine. Servers on TF2 have managed to get Surf working without sv_airaccelerate.

Every CS:S mod will need to be updated for the new engine anyway. I love the modding community but there are times when you have to accept your mod wont run forever and you'll have to suck up and update it.

Same goes for popular maps too. Newer maps can make use of features of the new engine. Zombie maps with blood that isn't a static decal is something I'm looking forward to.

As for client cfgs, they can suck on my big toe. Most of them were used to gain an unfair advantage over people who didn't use them. I had fun on the first night of the beta, playing with people who were forced to play the game the way as it was intended. People testing new hacks and advantage configs are cropping up though, it's a shame. There are legitimate configs though, and any worth using can always be rewritten, the console commands have barely changed at all.

EDIT:
I've played this game on and off for 3 years. It was the "pro" and "comp" players acting like they were unstoppable that made me quit most of the time. I'm not casual, but I don't pretend to know every Source jumping exploit either.

I dont understand what you are trying to say? From reading what you wrote it sounds like you couldnt compete with them so you quit? To be honest it just seems like people who are dire at the game and have no drive to get better at it want to change it to make it easier as compensation for them being bad.

ThatWhiteGuy
05-12-2010, 12:13 PM
+Rep for deshie for pointing out the major problem with the pro-update kids.

Rossco
05-12-2010, 12:15 PM
I dont understand what you are trying to say? From reading what you wrote it sounds like you couldnt compete with them so you quit? To be honest it just seems like people who are dire at the game and have no drive to get better at it want to change it to make it easier as compensation for them being bad.

Not exactly. It was more the clan pub-stompers coming in, crouchrunning and bunnyhopping around, dominating the server and thinking they are the hottest ♥♥♥♥ in First Person Shooting because they can exec scripts and take the game seriously.

I know there's no way to convince you that I'm not "dire" at the game, but I'm not. I mean, I'm not great, I struggle to keep my Kill/Death ratio 1:1 but I still bought the game and my opinion is as valid as anyone elses here, as long as they are being constructive about their criticism (Which they're not most of the time, some community :rolleyes:).

EDIT:pro-update kids.
I have the feeling this is directed at me. Because I have to be pre-adolescent to appreciate a free optional game update which is still undergoing beta testing :rolleyes:.

nikooo777
05-12-2010, 12:16 PM
i mean wtf... why dont we add "auto-m249" to look like a sentry and a class of spys? then we rename this game into tf3 and voilą! you killed css and you owned a new teamfortress.

i just think that VALVE has no rights to ruin so much work of all mappers and modders that spent days months and some also ages to get maps/mods awesome and popular... if there will be ever a reason why i will stop playing css is this update! lol.... make it customizable so taht you can enable and disable such things or say bye to many many players.

i reapeat myself, if you want more people to play counter strike source then you are doing it the wrong way.

and btw:

surf and Bhop were an exploit but became and now still are a SKILL!

ThatWhiteGuy
05-12-2010, 12:20 PM
i mean wtf... why dont we add "auto-m249" to look like a sentry and a class of spys? then we rename this game into tf3 and voilą! you killed css and you owned a new teamfortress.

i just think that VALVE has no rights to ruin so much work of all mappers and modders that spent days months and some also ages to get maps/mods awesome and popular... if there will be ever a reason why i will stop playing css is this update! lol.... make it customizable so taht you can enable and disable such things or say bye to many many players.

i reapeat myself, if you want more people to play counter strike source then you are doing it the wrong way.

and btw:

Guy's got a point here. I dont even think I have to reply to you Rossco :(

Queops
05-12-2010, 12:27 PM
Calm down, I'm sure there will be plugins for servers to change that.

Rossco
05-12-2010, 12:27 PM
I hope this is a joke, CSS beta is nothing like TF, it's not even class based and there's no characters.

i just think that VALVE has no rights to ruin so much work of all mappers and modders that spent days months and some also ages to get maps/mods awesome and popular...
As I said, they can be updated for the new engine to take advantage of the newer features to become even more "awesome and popular" or not bother, it's up to the devs. Games get updated, people have been crying out for an engine upgrade, they get it, they're unsatisfied by it? You can't expect every mod and map to work forever.

if there will be ever a reason why i will stop playing css is this update!
Nothing of value was lost. The beta is optional, don't play it if you don't like it.

lol.... make it customizable so taht you can enable and disable such things or say bye to many many players.
Everything is customisable if you know the console commands for it. There is much more room for customisation in the newer engine than the older engine.[/quote]

Updating an old game with new features is the perfect way to get more people playing. Certainly worked for me.

and btw:

No, they're still exploits regardless of whether they require skill or not.

Guy's got a point here. I dont even think I have to reply to you Rossco :(

Don't bother then. This is a community forum and we're all free to say whatever we want to whoever we want as long as we abide by the rules.

nikooo777
05-12-2010, 12:34 PM
hahahaha funny.... i'd say that css should stay like that. dont touch it as we love it as it is. if you dont want bhop or surf you have zblock and sv_airaccelerate. why ruin tons of maps and hundred of servers because some dont like bhop???! i mean lol... GO MAKE COUNTER-STRIKE:source 2 dont come withs such shi- and ♥♥♥♥ up the game for all us.

ThatWhiteGuy
05-12-2010, 12:35 PM
Agreed Rossco. ButI saw something interesting you said. The beta is optional... Valve said in a news update that once the beta is over its being forced on everyone. Which reminds me to post a topic...

xdevilweedx
05-12-2010, 12:37 PM

So how are any of these updates making the game easier to play? I don't remember seeing auto-aim added.

As for the bunny hop, I don't think they designed the game thinking that people would use an exploit to move around the maps faster. Not to mention most people who bunny hop are using scripts or hacks. I am not saying all do, but come on, a lot of them do.

As for the modders I can agree with that. This will cramp them a little. But did you ever stop to think that just maybe this will inspirer a whole new wave of future modders? Or possibly that this isn't really the end of the world and some good may just come of it?

I hate, and I mean hate the fact that in games there is always to types of people, the old school / leets / vets whatever and the noobs. It's ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥, grow up. Doesn't matter how long you have been playing, if someone thinks it's a good idea, it's not because they are Pro-up-daters or noobs who want to destroy the game you seem to think is perfect, it's because thats what they think. They are entitled to opinions just like you are entitled to yours.

Nora
05-12-2010, 12:38 PM
i dont want Bhop is a stupid exploit and is sux.

Rossco
05-12-2010, 12:40 PM
dont touch it as we love it as it is

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=701912

You went from arguing your points to whining. Unless you can counter any points that I've made or make up some new ones, you should probably stop pretending that you represent the entire CS:S community (we, us) and let this thread die.

Agreed Rossco. ButI saw something interesting you said. The beta is optional... Valve said in a news update that once the beta is over its being forced on everyone. Which reminds me to post a topic...

The only thing that is inevitable is the engine upgrade. Everything else can be tweaked to perfection, hance why this is a beta. They're going to make sure as many players are happy with it as possible before merging it with the main game.

nikooo777
05-12-2010, 12:41 PM
i dont want Bhop is a stupid exploit and is sux.

because you cant do it. everyone is able to stop bhop by installing zblock or reducing the tickrate to 33. there is no need to fix it. lol so lame

nikooo777
05-12-2010, 12:46 PM

You went from arguing your points to whining. Unless you can counter any points that I've made or make up some new ones, you should probably stop pretending that you represent the entire CS:S community (we, us) and let this thread die.

The only thing that is inevitable is the engine upgrade. Everything else can be tweaked to perfection, hence why this is a beta. They're going to make sure as many players are happy with it as possible before merging it with the main game.

hahahaha.

most of the cs:s community dont like this update. nah you may think that way but i'll not change my mind and i'll fight to get this thing fixed.

you dont like surf? you dont like bhop? then go play in official servers with zblock installed. we still want to play on our fav servers like bhop servers, deathrun (requires bhop too), surf and many more.

ThatWhiteGuy
05-12-2010, 12:46 PM

The only thing that is inevitable is the engine upgrade. Everything else can be tweaked to perfection, hance why this is a beta. They're going to make sure as many players are happy with it as possible before merging it with the main game.

When have you really seen any Valve game pay particular attention to its community, in beta or not? Bug testing is about all the beta is for, imo.

basdej
05-12-2010, 12:52 PM
hmm like a sv_bhop_mode or something :P

ThatWhiteGuy
05-12-2010, 12:54 PM
More like opening the relevant cvars up but having them set to those which force bhop off by default. See: zblock and its no-bhop option.

(-SP-)Rockzo
05-12-2010, 12:57 PM
Am i the only one who likes the beta? lol.

And PS dont call me a "casual"
Do casual's have over 100 hours on steam the last 2 weeks and hasnt been under 60 hours in 2 years?

Rossco
05-12-2010, 01:02 PM
Am i the only one who likes the beta? lol.

And PS dont call me a "casual"
Do casual's have over 100 hours on steam the last 2 weeks and hasnt been under 60 hours in 2 years?

Certainly not. Despite OPs claims that every single person hates this game with a passion, most of the people that enjoy the beta are busy playing it. I'm only here until my friend is ready to play. It's the same with any forum really, the ones who whine about it always have a louder voice than the ones that compliment it.

Deshie
05-12-2010, 01:02 PM
Not exactly. It was more the clan pub-stompers coming in, crouchrunning and bunnyhopping around, dominating the server and thinking they are the hottest ♥♥♥♥ in First Person Shooting because they can exec scripts and take the game seriously.

I know there's no way to convince you that I'm not "dire" at the game, but I'm not. I mean, I'm not great, I struggle to keep my Kill/Death ratio 1:1 but I still bought the game and my opinion is as valid as anyone elses here, as long as they are being constructive about their criticism (Which they're not most of the time, some community :rolleyes:).

EDIT:
I have the feeling this is directed at me. Because I have to be pre-adolescent to appreciate a free optional game update which is still undergoing beta testing :rolleyes:.

Look I'm not telling you dont have an opinion nor is your opinion wrong or invaild. What I'm trying to get across is that dont think big of yourself cause you think that your in the right cause of this so called update which leans towards the skilless crowd of css.

The mere fact that it is in beta and there is already changes to source competitive play which will PROBABLY remain and wont be changed like Nades/strafe jumping. Kinda screws everyone who plays css competitively. You simply dont understand the reason why this game has lasted so long is because of it's competitive side not cause of it's pub side. If beta kills competitive side of source (I'm not saying it will or it wont because the game is beta but already there is major point showing it will kill competitive side because of changes to strafing and nades) then source is really dead. So will related things like LANS like I-series, leagues like ESL, server rental companies will all die out aswell. Why? because valve/steam want to get rich and some skilless tards will just stand by and approve it because it bodes well for them instead standing with the half of the community ( who actually play matches/scrims) which keep the game alive.

PatiK
05-12-2010, 01:04 PM
"Updating an old game with new features is the perfect way to get more people playing. Certainly worked for me."

damn ... and than u play it 1 month and go again ?
if u dont play it before than just shut up . it should be there for the players which still play it and never stopped to play it!

edit : there are 1000 of source mod one will fit to u but dont change the game we r used to. i remember same in cs developers wanted the game to be different but the community like it how it is. and thats the same with css.

dont change it ! the players which leave before will leave again just a question of time !

sry for my bad englisch , hope u get what i mean

nikooo777
05-12-2010, 01:04 PM
i'd love to quote a message that has been posted on a community forum:

I am afraid for the moviemakers , including myself
Cause I think the format of demos will be changed , wich means all ur cs:s demos will be losed , and can't be played.

Killcam must have an option to be turned off , otherwise wars = goodbye

Remove of bhop is pointless , leagues have already developed zblock with a bunnyhop block , why even put work in it?

I heard it has the recoil of 1.6 now , don't know if its true , but aigan pointless , 1.6 is dead and their gonna put the recoil from it in cs:s

Valve made cs:s worse , they should look at the real problems , and not make the game worse , I could write so many things , but valve won't lissen I guess

IF this update gets released , than goodbye cs:s for me.

http://forum.i3d.net/counter-strike-source/150790-cs-s-source-beta-major-update-now-available-now-full-no-more-beta-slots-left.html

starting to become interesting the last pages

Rossco
05-12-2010, 01:09 PM
Look I'm not telling you dont have an opinion nor is your opinion wrong or invaild. What I'm trying to get across is that dont think big of yourself cause you think that your in the right cause of this so called update which leans towards the skilless crowd of css.
This is what I don't understand. How can this update appeal to the skilless or casual players of CS:S? All it's done is added clientside stat tracking, achievements and a freezecam. Everything else that people are complaining about is a bug.

The mere fact that it is in beta and there is already changes to source competitive play which will PROBABLY remain and wont be changed like Nades/strafe jumping. Kinda screws everyone who plays css competitively. You simply dont understand the reason why this game has lasted so long is because of it's competitive side not cause of it's pub side. If beta kills competitive side of source (I'm not saying it will or it wont because the game is beta but already there is major point showing it will kill competitive side because of changes to strafing and nades) then source is really dead. So will related things like LANS like I-series, leagues like ESL, server rental companies will all die out aswell. Why? because valve/steam want to get rich and some skilless tards will just stand by and approve it because it bodes well for them instead standing with the half of the community ( who actually play matches/scrims) which keep the game alive.

That's a fair point, but no matter what kind of player you are, competitive or casual, you still purchased the game and have a right to voice your opinion over how it should run. The CS:S forum was crying out for an update of this nature, it appears in the form of a beta and suddenly everyone turns their back on the idea because they're either afraid of change or don't realise things in a beta can be changed, tweaked and reverted.

EDIT:
"Updating an old game with new features is the perfect way to get more people playing. Certainly worked for me."

damn ... and than u play it 1 month and go again ?
if u dont play it before than just shut up . it should be there for the players which still play it and never stopped to play it!
The idea of an open beta test with limited slot sign up is to gather a random batch of players, both with no experience and years of experience in the game, and test the game for bugs, imbalance issues etc. If this beta was intended for competitive players only, it would not be an open beta.

ThatWhiteGuy
05-12-2010, 01:10 PM
i'd love to quote a message that has been posted on a community forum:

http://forum.i3d.net/counter-strike-source/150790-cs-s-source-beta-major-update-now-available-now-full-no-more-beta-slots-left.html

starting to become interesting the last pages

This ^

nikooo777
05-12-2010, 01:25 PM
i seriously hope actions will be taken else valve will lose many players ^^ me included

PatiK
05-12-2010, 01:41 PM
it dont has 1.6 recoil u still hit everything while moving. and 1.6 is not dead ! check the stats and u see it

nikooo777
05-12-2010, 02:33 PM
yeah the recoil will be imported from 1.6 to css nice eh? :( what we ask are only 3 clear cvars to be added. nothing else:

sv_airaccelerate (back)
sv_bunny_hop enabled/disabled
sv_deadcam 1/0 (or however the effect is called)

Zedo Mann
05-12-2010, 02:58 PM

Its clear there are alot of hard workers that once this update goes live, will be sorely jarateed off.
So take the CSS Code and turn your CSS mod into a Source mod! :D

WoundedDuck
05-12-2010, 03:03 PM
you dont really know much about cometive gaming .. Most Leaguse uses Zblock and zblock disables Bhop and most of the other bugs like whean you get stuck in doors and stuff

Reflexnl
05-13-2010, 04:42 AM
Just this Update makes CS:S for kids, players which are playing from the release of CS:S will know, that this update might make alot of that players leave the game, and search a new one instead. (Not from VALVe).
Also the ESL leagues, with this killcam they'll become unplayable, because killcam ain't made for such "wars".

*hint*Leave the CS:S as it is, and don't do this update, it'll cost you alot of players!*hint*