PDA

View Full Version : Let css be as it is ..

WoundedDuck
05-12-2010, 01:04 PM
let css be as it is.. Its good this way and the update with achevments will stink ruin the game just like it did with DOD:S .. The only thing you need to play with out the major gliches is Zblock plugin . update is so going to ruin the game..maybe the update is ok for the public gamers but still its gonna make the competive gaming ♥♥♥♥

GuruFunk
05-12-2010, 01:11 PM
It's funny how so many people created a forum account just to rant about how the game is going to fail because they changed the recoil on the weapons.

WoundedDuck
05-12-2010, 01:14 PM
no its not only that, THE GAME IS GOOD AS IT IS Just leave it alone Or make a new game or something -.-

GuruFunk
05-12-2010, 01:16 PM
Adding achievements, a death cam, player stats, and a different scoreboard, and improved graphics is going to ruin your gameplay?

WoundedDuck
05-12-2010, 01:18 PM
yes it is beacuse i like the game as it is ... i played it since it came out .. its the same for Day of defeat source i loved the game whean it was new thean update came and it turned into crap <.<

Nightmare85
05-12-2010, 01:21 PM
Stop complaining!
After years Valve has finally decided to update this game.
Give them a chance, moaners.

And CSS is NOT good as it is.
Check some bug threads.
I got sick when someone killed me after I jumped around a corner.
(And yes, my ping should be okay -> less than 40 ms on many servers.)

Recoil?
Even the biggest noobs constantly made headshots - ridiculous.

Cheers!

Nora
05-12-2010, 01:23 PM
omg i-am sick and tired of this new Thread's please a forum Moderator close this ,thx.

WoundedDuck
05-12-2010, 01:24 PM
The game dosent need update you probly played at a bad server and yes css is good as it is i wont moan if they will make it a "turn off" thingy so i dont need to play with all the useless stuff

WoundedDuck
05-12-2010, 01:24 PM
@ nora Maybe we want someone to take notice that update will stink

GuruFunk
05-12-2010, 01:28 PM
Yeah they should have made a Counter Strike 2 with the same exact weapons, player models, maps as well as these new features. They could have used the L4D2 engine and charge $30 for it. It will kind of be like 1.6 going to Source but more like Source going to Source 2.0.

Aooga12
05-12-2010, 01:29 PM
woundedduck, most of the update is stupid stuff like achievements, scoreboard, etc. how does that hurt so bad that you gotta cry on the forum?

Nora
05-12-2010, 01:29 PM
WoundedDuck

ok if the css is ok what is this :
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=881659

SaTaX
05-12-2010, 01:30 PM
woundedduck, most of the update is stupid stuff like achievements, scoreboard, etc. how does that hurt so bad that you gotta cry on the forum?

STFU pubkiddie you dont now a ♥♥♥♥.

WoundedDuck
05-12-2010, 01:31 PM
yes still make a On off Command and i wont care but since it will probly not be a on off command , i do like the Score board and acevments poping up now and thean whean playing a war will just ruin the gameplay

WoundedDuck
05-12-2010, 01:32 PM
DOWNLOAD ZBLOCK OR GET ON A SERVER WITH IT THERES NOT A PROBLEM THEAN NOW not sry for caps ._________."

Aooga12
05-12-2010, 01:37 PM

i like how many people are crying over this, competitive or not. who gives a f@#% go out into the real world and do competitive things, not on some game.

"pubkiddie" or not, im not crying over a game.

GuruFunk

It's funny how one's personality comes out of words typed over the Internet. Butthurt much?

DrTrouserPlank
At the risk of getting shot down I'm going to reiterate the basic problems I have with this update as a casual player now (formerly a clan player).

The HDR needs sorting out on Dust (obvious)

The recoil is different yes. Is it better?.. well it actually seems a bit variable. In one instance you can say because you "pay" for spray, so it is better, but (weapon dependent) the recoil can be crippling even with controlled amounts of fire on other weapons. Not knowing the code for each weapon it seems a bit random, and here comes the big word..... "balance" seems a bit "odd".

The achievements... well in the long run it's not going to make any difference.. leave them if you want.

The kill-cam I don't like. I don't like anything that aspires to take ideas from COD, especially when it's the game that created the mode that COD is built upon. I have however played on servers that have the kill-cam disabled, and if that is possible then I have no gripes about the option being there to use such a feature.

Basic feedback yes, but there you go..

:P

GuruFunk
05-12-2010, 01:39 PM
The kill-cam I don't like.

This is what people said when they added it to DOD. You know what people did? Disabled it.

Aooga12
05-12-2010, 01:40 PM
At the risk of getting shot down I'm going to reiterate the basic problems I have with this update as a casual player now (formerly a clan player).

The HDR needs sorting out on Dust (obvious)

The recoil is different yes. Is it better?.. well it actually seems a bit variable. In one instance you can say because you "pay" for spray, so it is better, but (weapon dependent) the recoil can be crippling even with controlled amounts of fire on other weapons. Not knowing the code for each weapon it seems a bit random, and here comes the big word..... "balance" seems a bit "odd".

The achievements... well in the long run it's not going to make any difference.. leave them if you want.

The kill-cam I don't like. I don't like anything that aspires to take ideas from COD, especially when it's the game that created the mode that COD is built upon. I have however played on servers that have the kill-cam disabled, and if that is possible then I have no gripes about the option being there to use such a feature.

Basic feedback yes, but there you go..

:P

now that's something that I would have said. i am a casual player. my hdr is really messed up too, hurts the eyes. and i guess the kill cam is alright, but i see where your coming from.

WoundedDuck
05-12-2010, 01:41 PM
This is what people said when they added it to DOD. You know what people did? Disabled it.

Yea make a ♥♥♥ command that disables the new update thean and i whould'nt care less

GuruFunk
05-12-2010, 01:46 PM
Yea make a ♥♥♥ command that disables the new update thean and i whould'nt care less

Disable achievements because people will just farm and not play together! Disable death cam because they will see where I shot them even though they are dead and can't do anything about it! Disable scoreboard because... wait I don't know I just don't like it!

I haven't seen any complaint that made any sense to me.

WoundedDuck
05-12-2010, 01:47 PM
Theres loads of people that think the same as me and yes i do not like any thing about the new beta

GuruFunk
05-12-2010, 01:50 PM
I respect your opinions and I respect those who think like you. What I don't like is seeing people like SaTaX who think that their opinions, and those who think like him, are the only ones that matter and anyone who disagrees with them should ♥♥♥♥ themselves.

Aooga12
05-12-2010, 01:50 PM
Disable achievements because people will just farm and not play together! Disable death cam because they will see where I shot them even though they are dead and can't do anything about it! Disable scoreboard because... wait I don't know I just don't like it!

I haven't seen any complaint that made any sense to me.

i 100% agree.

Frugal
05-12-2010, 01:51 PM
Man, I think I just walked into a pre-game lobby in Xbox Live. People are just so dismissive of change and refuse to do anything but call others newbies.

DrTrouserPlank
05-12-2010, 02:18 PM

Well yes maybe they did, and as I said in the complete quote I have played on servers that have it disabled; so if it can be disabled I have no problem with things being added to the game; avatars, scoreboard ect, as long as admins can run the game as they choose without waiting months for a basic mod to play unadulterated CSS as we used to know it.

The speed of running (I assume) is a bug? I certainly hope so because it reminds me of UT and quake more than CS.

Kayalol
05-12-2010, 02:58 PM
please do not compare css to xbox live. pubbies like you are the reason this is happening

PoSSeSSeDCoW
05-12-2010, 03:02 PM
please do not compare css to xbox live. pubbies like you are the reason this is happening

Well then I'm glad Valve is listening to the majority of the people who bought the game instead of a small group of elitists who think that they're better than others for some inane reason that involves video games.

GuruFunk
05-12-2010, 04:48 PM
From what I read, the speed movement is a human error that should be fixed when the update goes live.

evolv
05-12-2010, 05:01 PM
I have to agree that hiding certain cvars like sv_airaccelerate will ruin a vast majority of the mods that need these cvars. This may be the end of CS:S.

theriv
05-12-2010, 05:12 PM
I have to agree that hiding certain cvars like sv_airaccelerate will ruin a vast majority of the mods that need these cvars. This may be the end of CS:S.

OH NOESSSSSS.

seriously?

this is like the 2nd day of beta ffs

Negative!
05-12-2010, 05:20 PM
say good bye to interpolate 0 and welcome cl_interp.

game will see a slow death like dods, enjoy.

Ggd07
05-12-2010, 06:05 PM
I so hate people who play one game their whole lives, for example like 1.6 players. They won't touch another FPS, 1.6 IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD, Look at me.. lolz, get a hold of yourself.

Valve is doing a great job with this update. I personally stopped playing CS:S for half an year now, but this update is sure going to bring me back to the game. I don't see what is wrong with it.

Different Recoil. You cry, because you have to learn how to shoot with your stupid little AK again, and wouldnt be able to make a 20/1 score, and then tell your friends how you pwned a bunch of stupid nerds on the internet? You sir, have to look this from the bright side.

CS:S is going to be updated, and you can't do anything about it.
Crying here will not stop the update. Crying to Valve will not stop the update, because people want it.

srvrsyde
05-12-2010, 07:06 PM
yes it is beacuse i like the game as it is ... i played it since it came out .. its the same for Day of defeat source i loved the game whean it was new thean update came and it turned into crap <.<

maybe you just suck at video games

EVIL-JURA
05-12-2010, 08:39 PM
You will suck when noone will play cs at all!

Ballin
05-12-2010, 08:45 PM
Fix the game, don't change it.

Make a new cs if you want this crap in it.

Cakefirst
05-13-2010, 02:24 AM
Just keep fixing the god damn game and just update the engine!

Elfman
05-13-2010, 03:01 AM
valve! please ruin best game ever!!! please do it... i wont play game anymore ill be free!!!

:cool: really... dont ruin it.. let it be ... just fix bugs dont change engine... like u will be changing engine on every game every 5 years??? on hl2, ep1, ep2, tf2, css, l4d1, l4d2 ? like cmon! its like blizzard will update engine on diablo2 its CSS we play it cuz we like it that way! why ruining that... :(

Kayalol
05-13-2010, 06:19 AM
tbh, if valve does this, someone will release a pirate of the old css, or promod will become more popular. Or maybe Zblock will sort it out. CSS wont die, it will just be ♥♥♥♥

Dark-Force
05-13-2010, 06:32 AM
LOL @ the mass amount of noobs here

CSS will not die with this update u fools anyone who thinks so has no idea on CS histroy of updates go do some research

MoarToast
05-13-2010, 06:38 AM
I love how people are whining for no reason.

Okay, so let's say that CSS is as good as it is (Which it isn't, it's buggy as wank) Now their trying to make it better. How is this an issue?

Seriously, their adding little things, their not radically changing the game. Their just adding things that everyone wanted them to add in the first place. If you are so inflicted with OCD that you can't handle minor changes that barely affect gameplay, then good riddance to you.

Flyingcow1103
05-13-2010, 12:47 PM
Aside from the lack of Phong shading I think its nice... :p

Global Stats in a game like CS = LOL

No use comparing this to the original game. They updated CS over a 3 year period, this on the otherhand has build a steady fanbase over the last 6 years and now they are making changes to it, bad move IMO. All you are doing is aggravating the fanbase. I'll accept this update and move on, but I definitely believe that it will put a negative mark on valve in the eyes of hardcore fans of the series. Not to mention for the next month we will have new kiddies running around allured by the addition stats, sooner or later off course they will realize that they are in fact bad and quit.