PDA

View Full Version : Important remark about acceleration!

cool_myll
05-12-2010, 02:02 PM
Guys , this is almost perfect. Apart from really minor glitches, namely a “rugged” feeling while scrolling with the 2- finger gesture, or a certain difficulty from locking and dragging a window with a single tap, the overall feel is very rewarding. As I said to a close friend, it’s the first time that it feels like “home” on my Mac. I am sure every dual user out there feels the same :)

It’s my duty to point your attention to a very certain direction however. Having established that a swarm of gamers is going to migrate to the Steam - Mac platform for their casual – or not – gaming, I find that it is ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL to address the pointer acceleration issue on Mac platforms. As you know every decent fps player cannot play with mouse acceleration enabled and that’s an inherent and yet unsolved issue with the mac. I really hope that you realize the weight of this matter soon enough.

No matter what, congratulations on this, I am looking forward to further releases! (CS:S :D:D:D )

stickyboot
05-12-2010, 02:59 PM
I am still downloading portal on my mac, but yes, Mouse acceleration was a huge problem when running games on a mac through applications like Crossover games to the point where they were basically no fun to play. Installing MS INtellipoint drivers seemed to help a bit as it had its own acceleration curve that it replaced the default OS x mouse acceleration curve.

mxh101
05-12-2010, 03:02 PM
I think this is why we haven't seen any shooters (unless you count Portal) yet. Normally you'd expect them to make games like CS, TF2, HL available at launch, but I get the feeling they made a decision to hold off until they can fix the mouse acceleration issues.