PDA

View Full Version : Adding games that aren't supported

yokken
05-12-2010, 10:26 PM
It's fairly easy to just type steam://install/400 or whatever appid you want. I downloaded CS:S and DEFCON like this. I tried L4D but got the busy server message, just like with TF2. I also succeeded with Garry's Mod which I thought was funny. The way I knew it wouldn't work is because I could do it with Bioshock (hahaha).

This didn't work before, it would simply give you a message that your game wasn't supported. Possibly fix this? Regardless, once CS:S is supported, hot damn, I'll be ready!

huh989
05-13-2010, 12:07 AM
Yes it looks like you can install the game without a problem, but you can't play them (other than Portal or other ones that are officially released). I downloaded DoD:S, but the game is 'not supported for this format'. I assume, as soon as the game is officially released for Mac, it will activate so you can play it straight away and you don't have to wait on the download at that point, but maybe just an update or two if there are final release changes. Is that the same idea that you had?

Here's a list of steam IDs: http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Steam_Application_IDs for use in the steam://install/#### url.