PDA

View Full Version : Cmd-Tab out of game on Mac

apassivepoke
05-12-2010, 10:39 PM
I can't seem to find any way to switch to another program while I'm running Torchlight for Mac in fullscreen. Normally you would be able to command-tab out of anything fullscreen and go back to it, but it doesn't seem to be working in Torchlight.

I want to be able to listen to iTunes behind my dungeon crawling!

Lyshen
05-13-2010, 12:57 AM
Yeah, having the same issue too. Unable to Command-Tab out when in fullscreen.

Portal works fine when set to fullscreen and using Command-Tab.

mrfrankus
06-30-2012, 12:52 PM
Depending on the gaming title or engine, you may find that either [command-m] or [command-return] might prove handy instead. Or, you could cheat a little and summon System Preferences by pressing a combination of option and one of the hardware function keys at the top of your keyboard, such as [option-volume up] which would activate the Sound Preferences panel, etc.

/:cool:/ However, should you ever find yourself suddenly and inexplicably hard-pressed to demonstrate your l33t skillz before a crowd of expertly coiffed, perfectly dressed, and ambiguously poised bunch of eager VIPs, firmly seated upon your leather chair thanks to a rather motivated hostess, and with precious time running out... Well, it's simple really: first wait until you only have but a few seconds left on the clock (for dramatic effect) and then press [option-command-esc] which should magically kick you out of full-screen mode (if needed be) and bring up the "Force Quit" dialog.

Hope this helps!