PDA

View Full Version : Biggest thing to happen to Mac gaming in, like, FOREVER...

Mungrul
05-13-2010, 12:35 AM
...and yet not even a cursory acknowledgement on the Apple website.
Is this Apple's stand-offish approach to gaming on the Mac platform in full effect?
I thought they would have reconsidered this position after the phenomenal success of the iPhone as a gaming platform.

Astraos
05-13-2010, 12:36 AM
I was a little shocked by this as well. You think they would want to push this to counter the "you can't play games on a Mac" argument.

Oh well. Apple has always done its own thing.

SerFox
05-13-2010, 12:56 AM
I bet Steve Jobs can't even get past the first test chamber in Portal :D

Patchumz
05-13-2010, 12:59 AM
They're not supporting anything atm.

St_Siman
05-13-2010, 01:06 AM
If you can't control it, ignore it.

I don't think the care much about Mac anymore. It's all about iphone, ipad these days. OS X 10.6 was the buggiest operating system I have ever used.(I have skipped Vista :-P).

Patchumz
05-13-2010, 01:09 AM
If you can't control it, ignore it.

I don't think the care much about Mac anymore. It's all about iphone, ipad these days. OS X 10.6 was the buggiest operating system I have ever used.(I have skipped Vista :-P).

Snowy wasn't buggy at all... It just changed the system a lot, therefore older apps broke and needed to be updated.

But yeah... they are getting most of their cash from iPhone OS, so it's annoying.. they haven't done anything OS X related in forever.

vermaak
05-13-2010, 01:24 AM
Of course they care about Mac. Ok they now make most of there money from mobile devices but they are seeing YOY growth of desktop and laptop Mac's and are updating there software to match with great new features in their Pro apps.

What you have to remember is that this is just the beginning. Steam for Mac still has to iron out a few bugs and if there is one thing Apple doesn't like with 3rd party software then bugs it is.

Remember Valve has said how great Apple have been in working with them to help bring Steam to OSX, so there is some support behind the scenes.

VyseLegend
05-13-2010, 01:25 AM
Personally I think its good they didn't celebrate the release of this barely tested product that only works on a fraction of machines so far.

Mangr0v3
05-13-2010, 01:51 AM
http://www.apple.com/games/articles/2010/05/portal/