PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre Problem

PittTheElder
05-13-2010, 02:19 PM
Hello Everyone,
I have had Empire TW for a while, (love the game), and it has always worked flawlessly, until recently. Now, whenever I bring up the game, everything starts normally and I get to the main menu no problem. However, if I try to start a custom battle against the computer using units from the Early time perod, all European nations start with Ghoorkas and Dahomey Amazons, as well as a few basic units. Many other units have dissapeared, including several from the downloadable pack that I bought, but that may just be the time period. As far as I know, this could have always been happening but I only noticed recently. Alternately, could it have something to do with Napoleon TW, which I recently installed? Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks in Advance

ratz669
05-13-2010, 03:28 PM
I have had the same exact problem, but I didn't buy Napoloen Total War. And I am now able to play as all of the Native American factions from the Warpath Expansion (which I didn't buy!) and all of these factions have the EXACT SAME UNITS. THe Native Americans also seem to be the only factions WITHOUT Ghoorkas or Amazons.

Not sure if that was any help or not, but at least you're not the only one.

P.S. Did you notice a change in the main menu background before the glitch came up? Because my menu background had turned into a Warpath promo, telling me that it was available, right before it happened.

PittTheElder
05-14-2010, 05:34 PM
I have had the same exact problem, but I didn't buy Napoloen Total War. And I am now able to play as all of the Native American factions from the Warpath Expansion (which I didn't buy!) and all of these factions have the EXACT SAME UNITS. THe Native Americans also seem to be the only factions WITHOUT Ghoorkas or Amazons.

Not sure if that was any help or not, but at least you're not the only one.

P.S. Did you notice a change in the main menu background before the glitch came up? Because my menu background had turned into a Warpath promo, telling me that it was available, right before it happened.

Thanks for the response

With your Native American thing- I believe that you can always play with these units in custom battles, and that they have the same units. You only get unique units by buying downloadable packs, I believe. Are you sure these factions weren't availible when you first bought the game?

I'm pretty sure my background didn't change, I just tried to start a game and wondered why the Austrians were using Dahomey Amazons.

Niscimble
05-16-2010, 10:47 AM
I just discovered I'm having the same problem. I can't imagine why Sweden would be using Indian units

ratz669
05-18-2010, 03:46 PM
Okay, I've downloaded some mod tools and I'm snooping around, and (news to me) it seems that Ghoorkas and Amazons are from the Special Edition ETW with extra units.

I know absolutley nothing about modding or code writing or anything like that, but what I am guessing from the files I've seen is that these units are ALREADY INCLUDED in the game, they are just locked. Mabye somehow the lock became undone and leaked the units into all the nation rosters?