PDA

View Full Version : How the hell do you get demo to work?

pete159
05-13-2010, 06:44 PM
I spent all night downloading ti, tried to launch was told to make an account so i did, now when i try to launch and log in it says account error plz contact billing support.
grrrrr
:o

Leverz
05-14-2010, 02:34 AM
Ditto, anyone able to use the "demo"?

Or perhaps the game is that bugged, we are getting the real experisnce? :P

Cristari
05-14-2010, 03:53 AM
Like most people have stated here already you need a Buddy code to start up the Demo. Go on to Cryptic's STo Forums and ask there you'll get one easily.

Jaccait
05-15-2010, 10:37 AM
I didn't need a buddy code. I just right clicked and went to manage game account on STO demo in the steam library, and it said my demo was activated. Then just double click it to open, and off we go!

Neonwarrior
05-15-2010, 11:28 AM
Buddy code is for the trial I think

Darksynth45
05-16-2010, 08:48 AM
I didn't need a buddy code. I just right clicked and went to manage game account on STO demo in the steam library, and it said my demo was activated. Then just double click it to open, and off we go!

This man speaks the truth.

Shadownatre
05-17-2010, 05:21 AM
Like most people have stated here already you need a Buddy code to start up the Demo. Go on to Cryptic's STo Forums and ask there you'll get one easily.

I personally can't even post on their forums. Even though I made an account. The CD key from Steam won't load. Says "Failed to contact key server." Having looked up the error code, it recommended directly connecting the router. I did that, and I still get the error. Is this an error caused by the fact this is a third party game? Anyone else have this problem?

Leverz
05-17-2010, 06:48 AM

Jaccait is perfectly right, you do not need a code, one is generated for you when you right click the option in steam and manage account.

Thanks

Wildperson
05-30-2010, 10:06 PM
yepyep, just click 'Manage account', and you have your answer.

lok
05-31-2010, 06:57 PM
What a ♥♥♥♥♥. Why do developers make playing a game so hard? Do they even test this stuff?

Anyways, It says key server failed to connect for me and I cannot right click+manage account. It doesnt do anything at all. Should I try from direct2drive?

Anson2100
06-02-2010, 06:08 AM
Try logging into the StarTrek Online Website with your account then goto steam library and right click the game for manage account option.

UpSyndrome
06-23-2010, 07:31 PM
Lol fail having the same problem, created an account etc except now when I go to log on it says my account isn't eligible for the demo...defeated by demo not borg Roddenberry would be so sad :(

elkangaroo
06-24-2010, 03:34 PM
Same problem with the trial and Steam here: I created an cryptic account, clicked "manage account" in Steam and it says "Your account does not qualify for the demo."...
Nice :(

cybertario
06-29-2010, 05:26 PM

Oh man, thanks a lot, i was about to delete the client when i remember "there is a forum... and a lot of people smarter than me, lol" :D:D:D

NasherUK
06-30-2010, 04:36 AM
Why are the advertising a demo when there really is no demo available? :/

I also hear the "demo" is very short and you don't get to see much. That's a bad sign for an MMO, like they are trying to hide how bad it is?

With Eve or wow, your trial pretty much lets you roam where ever you want (with some limitations on levels/skills etc) and experience the game properly before paying anything.