PDA

View Full Version : New games for Mac

PochewMac
05-14-2010, 09:17 AM
Hi guys.

Which games would you like to see on the mac platform in the future through Steam?

Personally I would like to see:
Counter-Strike 1.6
Left 4 dead 2
The Settlers 7: Paths to a kingdom
Killing Floor

I know KF and L4D2 is comming to the mac, but i would really love to see S7 :)

Edit: Im not a big fan of CoD series, but i will buy CoD 4 if it comes to OS X, so i would like to see that game too:)

BigGravy
05-14-2010, 09:46 AM
Fallout 3
Fallout 3
and
Fallout 3

First post after years in the lurkness. :)

misterpearce
05-14-2010, 09:59 AM
Mine Sweeper: XTREME 3D edition.

claptrap22
05-14-2010, 11:19 AM
King's Bounty: Armored Princess

AlanCart
05-14-2010, 11:32 AM
all i want is some type of assassins creed dont know if it will ever happen

poopdedoop78
05-14-2010, 12:22 PM
There's a lot of games I'd like to see on mac. most of which will never come to macs.... :(

sketch7
05-14-2010, 12:33 PM
L4D2 I would hope to see as part of Valve's commitment to SteamPlay - CS:S will also be coming over. I doubt that they'll bother with 1.6 though.

RABicle
05-14-2010, 12:53 PM
Looking at my Windows games that I own on steam, I'd like Beyond Good & Evil, The Longest Journey, Outrun 2006 and Abe's Oddysee to come over to mac! Somehow I don't see it happening though as none were ever on Mac in the first place.

(Reading here that all the Oddworld crap, including the Xbox excursions, are being bundled and reported to PC for steam only so it's a slight chance)

RaggyRock
05-14-2010, 01:21 PM
Mass Effect 1 and 2
Killing Floor
Bad Company 2
ID Pack
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

BigGravy
05-14-2010, 01:41 PM
Bioshock should be a no brainer

sketch7
05-14-2010, 02:12 PM
I would expect most of the games which are already available for Mac to make it into Steam for Mac - but it really does depend on the company that ported the game (this is usually separate from the company that actually developed the game in the first place).

If that company doesn't agree to the business model that Valve puts forward, it doesn't matter what Valve does - it's not coming over.

CrackJack
05-14-2010, 02:53 PM
I want to see some of the indie games like Beat Hazard and Flotilla.

SerFox
05-14-2010, 03:50 PM
Burnout
Audiosurf
GRID/Toca 3
Indigo Prophecy
Lumines
Tom Clancys Ghost Recon Advanced War Fighter This Title Is Pointlessly Long 2
Mass Effect 1+2
Saints Row 2, possibly GTA4?
Close Combat: First to Fight

RcknShdw
05-14-2010, 05:26 PM
Please, please, PLEASE bring over the Command and Conquer games! All but the newest one (C&C4) have native Mac versions already but I would love to be able to get a copy of Red Alert 3 (my favorite series and entry!) for my Mac and not have to pay outrageous sums of cash to get it online ($80-100 new on Amazon with $60-70 used?!). Having 4 on the Mac would be awesome but I don't think EA had anyone do a port this time around :(

I would kill for the first two Max Payne games as well (the "turd" one I'll take a pass on. Stupid R* taking away the film noir feel and making it all about violence and guns >.<)! And since there's a lot of retro stuff getting ported over how about some King's Quest, Quest for Glory, and GABRIEL KNIGHT love?!

Ooomph
05-14-2010, 05:37 PM
Plants vs Zombies would be nice. I expected it to be there at release. :(

I'd also quite like to try Eufloria and The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom.

saLo
05-14-2010, 06:24 PM
Counter-Stike 1.6 and Source.
But more-so 1.6

for the oldschool gamers :D

HoldenV
05-14-2010, 06:33 PM
Although some minor bumps the past few days I think designers will really see the potential of a mac gaming computer now that OSX has its own spot on steam its a great time to be a mac user even with the hurdles we have been going through the past few days.

techsprte
05-14-2010, 07:46 PM
Add my vote for Fallout

Also would like to see the Medieval Total War series (It kinda runs under Wine so it should be possible??)

I would say Red Orchestra, but I hear that is already in the works.

I'd also throw in the Ubisoft Silent Hunter games to my list, but that'll never happen. They barely worked on the PC and I can't imagine a mac port would go any smoother.

Codex0
05-14-2010, 10:54 PM
plants vs zombies definitely.

theescapeclause
05-14-2010, 11:20 PM
Fallout
Fallout 2
Fallout 3
Fallout New Vegas
And last, but not least, Defense Grid!!!!

Grom_Reaper
05-14-2010, 11:39 PM
Audiosurf
The Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition
The rest of the Source games (especially L4D2) next Wednesday.

d10sfan
05-15-2010, 12:08 AM
Audiosurf
The Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition
The rest of the Source games (especially L4D2) next Wednesday.

I would really like to see Audiosurf on the mac. I have it running through Wine but its just not the same.

deer
05-15-2010, 12:15 AM
Few guys need to wake up cause they are dreaming. I would like to see Railworks (http://store.steampowered.com/app/24010/) with all DLC for Mac;)

in.meinem.turm.
05-15-2010, 12:42 AM
every single one of them.

ICELegit
05-15-2010, 01:26 AM
found this on fourms. everyone should of notice this since its like the first one
The following games have been confirmed for Mac OS X:

* Counter-Strike (presumably Source)
* "The Half-Life Series"
* Left 4 Dead
* Left 4 Dead 2
* Portal
* Portal 2 (upcoming)
* Team Fortress 2
* Madballs in...Babo:Invasion
Killing Floor
* Red Orchestra
* Torchlight

The following games have metadata indicating a Mac OS X version [13] [14]:

* Bejeweled 2 Deluxe
* Chuzzle Deluxe
* BookWorm Deluxe
* Peggle Nights
* Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 1 - Launch of the Screaming Narwhal
* Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 2 - The Siege of Spinner Cay
* Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 3 - Lair of the Leviathan
* Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 4 - The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood
* Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 5 - Rise of the Pirate God
* Sam & Max 301: The Penal Zone
* Brainpipe
* Chocolatier: Decadence by Design
* Cooking Dash
* Diaper Dash
* Diner Dash: Hometown Hero
* Dream Chronicles: The Chosen Child
* Emerald City Confidential
* Wandering Willows
* DinerTown Tycoon
* DinerTown Detective Agency
* Fitness Dash
* Parking Dash
* Mahjong Roadshow
* Trijinx
* Valerie Porter
* Gemini Lost
* Hotel Dash
* Machinarium
* Galcon Fusion
* KrissX
* Braid
* Wedding Dash 2: Rings Around the World
* Zenerchi
* Altitude

RaggyRock
05-15-2010, 01:58 AM
We might be dreaming for many of these titles. But there is nothing wrong with dreaming. I would love to get the chance to play many of the games that have been listed here. Especially the ones that I mentioned on my post on the first page.

Let us hope that our dream will one day become reality. I have already fulfilled one dream by seeing steam natively on mac :)

Mangr0v3
05-15-2010, 02:16 AM
Star Wars Jedi Knight Series

thom-22
05-15-2010, 07:17 PM
all i want is some type of assassins creed dont know if it will ever happen

Assassin's Creed is tops on my wishlist too! But I'm not getting my hopes up.

There's a lot of games I'd like to see on mac. most of which will never come to macs.... :(

Yep. That's the way it's been and that's the way it'll be for the foreseeable future. But at least with Steam things are better than before.

I would expect most of the games which are already available for Mac to make it into Steam for Mac - but it really does depend on the company that ported the game (this is usually separate from the company that actually developed the game in the first place).

If that company doesn't agree to the business model that Valve puts forward, it doesn't matter what Valve does - it's not coming over.

Exactly. There's also often a price differential with games ported by third-party licensees, like Aspyr and Feral. Eg. Bioshock for Mac is $50, but the PC version is only $20 on Steam. You can bet there'd be screams of complaint on these forums if Mac versions were priced higher, but it wouldn't really be Steam's fault.

smoke.tetsu
05-15-2010, 07:54 PM
Bioshock should be a no brainer

Even though there's a Mac version of this it doesn't have anything you can enter into steam by way of a cd-key to prove you have purchased it. So unless they made a program where you sent in your UPC or something steamplay wont be possible for this. The Mac version was done by a third party (feral) and was sold as a complete separate entity from the PC version. I haven't seen any indication from feral that they are going to use steam at all even for their upcoming games.

BTW, the price differential is because of the third party porting process and both them and the original developer wanting their cuts. Valve bypassed this mostly by doing the ports of their own games themselves.

crimsonheadGCN
05-15-2010, 08:49 PM
I'm pretty sure that the original Call of Duty + it's expansion pack and Call of Duty 2 will be added to Steam soon, since there are supposedly entries in the registry for them.

Brinkman
05-16-2010, 04:43 AM
call of duty 4

Ohaim
05-16-2010, 04:59 AM
I`m waiting for L4D2...
just L4D2... i need this game..

tbone2709
05-16-2010, 05:24 AM
DEATHWORM lol, it is an awesome PC indie game.

I would love:
Audiosurf
Mass Effect 1&2
A good racing game
Bioshock 1&2
Prototype

And of course all the Valve games, but they are coming already so no point in putting them on my wishlist

Bumpy_Knuckles
05-16-2010, 05:34 AM
I#m only looking forward to TF2
But also Audiosurf and the Feral ports including FlatOut 2 and Riddick would be great.
It's sad that they don't wanna release their ports through steam

TheDegger
05-16-2010, 01:34 PM
i'd like to see games like battlefield :)

grahamj1978
05-16-2010, 09:56 PM
Fallout
Fallout 2
Fallout 3
Fallout New Vegas
And last, but not least, Defense Grid!!!!

Fallout and Fallout 2 already exist for the Mac, albeit not on Steam as of yet. They were released/ported by the OMNI group (for either MacPlay or MacSoft) for MacOS X sometime around 2002. In fact, here's a link to a post in their forums detailing a problem someone had running them in 10.6: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?p=67129

DarkRaven
05-16-2010, 10:03 PM
These are the ones I really want to see:

Mass Effect
L4D2
Plants vs. Zombies
Indigo Prophecy
Team Fortress 2

vtor67
05-16-2010, 10:22 PM
cs 1.6 and gta IV, but im almost sure GTA 4 wont happen

flyingcopey