PDA

View Full Version : Bug Between "Steam Mac" and "Zombie Panic: Source"

Scandale
05-15-2010, 06:22 AM
Hi,

Since two days I have seen strange behavior between Zombie Panic: Source (on Windows 7) and Steam Mac (on Snow Leopard).

If I run Steam and login with my steam account on Snow Leopard, then I reboot on Windows 7 and login to this same steam account, I can play L4D, L4D2, HL2, but not Zombie Panic: Source.

I have a message that says something like "steam account has been used on another computer, please log back in to play" when i'm connecting to a server.

The only way I found to solve this problem is to delete the file "Clientregistry.blob" on Windows 7, then login again.

I hope Steam team will answer me.
Thank you.

nano....
05-15-2010, 06:26 AM
I believe I suffer from the same issue, I tried to launch a game of HL2:DM on my Windows box, and received a similar message. It went along the lines: "This steam ticket has expired".

Maybe it's an issue with the older Source engine multiplayer games?

DMXell
05-15-2010, 09:31 PM
Simply go to "Steam > Change User" then when the user login window pops back up, sign in to your normal account.

Scandale
05-16-2010, 05:54 PM
@DMXell: Your solution does not solve the problem you know very well that I have already tried. I've gave the only solution that works.

@nano....: Yes i think that do it in all hl2 multiplayers games too.

It seems steam don't care about that annoying problem...

Info_Phil
05-16-2010, 10:57 PM
Why don't you report it officially to them?
I don't think they read through the entire forum everyday?

Make a ticket with your problem, and it may be fixed!

Scandale
05-18-2010, 10:28 AM
Info_Phil: I've looked but I have not found a way to create tickets. Could you tell me where to do. Thank you.

Scandale
05-23-2010, 10:04 AM
It seems Steam has fixed it. :cool:

angrey_kid
07-19-2010, 02:50 AM
so did steam just 'fix' it or did you send them a support ticket

Scandale
08-03-2010, 08:53 AM
It's a known problem and has had repercussions in other cases, so it had to be reported in several cases, then fixed.